Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:53 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
tehpikachu
Radeon R420

tehpikachu is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post

In hand pic. Almost tempted to say Iphone done right lol.
Looks pretty nice. I'll definitely pick one up to test it out.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:58 AM   #32
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

FMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Apps, sure, I get that. But the OS sucks.
Why does it suck? Does everything I need.
FMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:48 AM   #33
chigger_ns
Do the Xmas Cart-moon

chigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultychigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Phone looks sweet!
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:53 AM   #34
ZaP911
Come again?!

ZaP911 is still being judged by the masses

HTC One vs. iPhone 5 camera shootout:
http://asia.cnet.com/htc-one-vs-ipho...t-62220556.htm

So nothing groundbreaking. The One's camera seems to be sharper and slightly better at low-light images, but loses out some of the details you find in a higher megapixel sensor. Colors seems to be less vibrant but 'more natural'.

Well, it does prove that megapixels are not everything, but a decent 13MP camera would've probably been better for marketing while providing similar or better performance.
ZaP911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:48 AM   #35
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Sexy looking phone, hardware wise and ui.... sweet.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:49 AM   #36
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaP911 View Post

So nothing groundbreaking. The One's camera seems to be sharper and slightly better at low-light images, but loses out some of the details you find in a higher megapixel sensor. Colors seems to be less vibrant but 'more natural'.

Well, it does prove that megapixels are not everything, but a decent 13MP camera would've probably been better for marketing while providing similar or better performance.
Which kinda sucks now because since I've been spoiled by the camera on the Lumia 920, this is an important aspect of a phone now for me.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:52 AM   #37
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaP911 View Post

Honestly, when you get into the weeds, almost every shot looks better on the HTC in terms of color reproduction and overall natural feel. The iPhone simply looks over-exposed in most shots. The flower one is the best shot for the iPhone.

Regardless, if you took shots side by side and compared on your phone, pretty sure it wouldn't matter. Both are solid products

Also remember that there is some form of image stabilization, a la Lumia 920, on this device.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:55 AM   #38
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMT View Post
Why does it suck? Does everything I need.
Fair point. As long as it serves your needs, that's all that matters.

When you use other devices with OS's that aren't as limited, you will see what I mean about the OS being crap.

Remember, OS != Apps. From an App standpoint, iOS still has a solid group of devs building excellent quality apps for the ecosystem.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:17 PM   #39
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Wow, watching these videos shows how far back the iPhone really is...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:35 PM   #40
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

FMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Fair point. As long as it serves your needs, that's all that matters.

When you use other devices with OS's that aren't as limited, you will see what I mean about the OS being crap.

Remember, OS != Apps. From an App standpoint, iOS still has a solid group of devs building excellent quality apps for the ecosystem.
You still didnt say why it sucks other than there are other oses that arent as limited. Windows 8 is a closed system, so its just as locked. Only Android is "open" and I dont like it as I had a Nexus and just didnt gel with me.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:48 PM   #41
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
You still didnt say why it sucks other than there are other oses that arent as limited. Windows 8 is a closed system, so its just as locked. Only Android is "open" and I dont like it as I had a Nexus and just didnt gel with me.
The OS does more than just launch apps in the other cases (BB, Android, WP8).

I don't care if it's a closed environment or not. It's a matter of what the OS can do, and iOS sucks in that regard.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:57 AM   #42
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

I don't care if it's a closed environment or not. It's a matter of what the OS can do, and iOS sucks in that regard.
iOS can do apps!
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:02 PM   #43
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:

How is Windows 8 far superior then? You still havent said anything other than "it just is"
Old Feb 24, 2013, 09:03 PM   #44
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
How is Windows 8 far superior then? You still havent said anything other than "it just is"
Widgets, live-tiles, customization. Are you just playing ignorant or do you seriously not know how deficient iOS is? It's a 6 year old OS with a select few changes since it's inception.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 09:04 PM   #45
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
iOS can do apps!
No **** Sherlock. That's what I said.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:57 AM   #46
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Widgets, live-tiles, customization. Are you just playing ignorant or do you seriously not know how deficient iOS is? It's a 6 year old OS with a select few changes since it's inception.
- Widgets dont use and never did even with Windows / Android Phones.
- Live Tiles the same
- Customisation for Android yes, but for Windows...lol hardly, change the colour of the tiles and the size (what epic customisation)

Not saying people dont want these or anything, but hardly a deal breaker for the majority of users.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:42 AM   #47
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:

The OS should stay out of the way. Something that Microsoft obviously doesn't get.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:27 AM   #48
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
No **** Sherlock, that's what she said...
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:35 AM   #49
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
No **** Sherlock, that's what she said...

Which one is sherlock!?!?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:53 PM   #50
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
The OS should stay out of the way. Something that Microsoft obviously doesn't get.
The OS does stay out of the way on WP8 and Android, for the most part. It is there to provide added functionality and, in the case of the One, to improve the user-experience. I am really digging the live-tile like feeds

An OS should be open to customization so you can use it as intended, or tweak it to suit your needs. WP8 is not nearly as open as Android, but it has a lot more freedom than iOS.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:33 PM   #51
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
The OS does stay out of the way on WP8 and Android, for the most part. It is there to provide added functionality and, in the case of the One, to improve the user-experience. I am really digging the live-tile like feeds

An OS should be open to customization so you can use it as intended, or tweak it to suit your needs. WP8 is not nearly as open as Android, but it has a lot more freedom than iOS.

If anything because of freedom from iTunes.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:59 PM   #52
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Spyhawk is still being judged by the masses

I like this phone. Looks great. Im upgrading my s2 soon and I will be checking it out along with the Xperia Z and S4.
Spyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:29 PM   #53
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyhawk View Post
I like this phone. Looks great. Im upgrading my s2 soon and I will be checking it out along with the Xperia Z and S4.
About the only thing I would change is the power on button. Either make the HTC logo on the front a clickable power on button (would be a cool design feature, a la iPhone and Ativ), or put the power button on the side like many other devices (I prefer this location, thumb naturally falls there).

On devices 4" or larger, it makes more sense to power on from a power button on the side or on screen rather than the top.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 05:45 PM   #54
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyhawk View Post
Just give it a month or two after release and they'll be giving them away for free or buy 1 get 1 offers. Plastic body is an immediate no sale. Especially with the HTC One up for sale.

Last edited by Razeus : Feb 26, 2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:40 PM   #55
tehpikachu
Radeon R420

tehpikachu is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Just give it a month or two after release and they'll be giving them away for free or buy 1 get 1 offers. Plastic body is an immediate no sale. Especially with the HTC One up for sale.
Very true. That is exactly what happened with all other plastic body phones.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:16 PM   #56
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Plastic body is an immediate no sale from me
fixed
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:40 PM   #57
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
fixed
Nah, it should be:

Quote:
Not an Apple product? No sale from me.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:45 PM   #58
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Nah, it should be:
i dont' think there are any problems with plastic beside the logo isn't fruit type too
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 06:30 PM   #59
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

I was looking at some of the videos (engadget and others) and one thing that repeatedly stood out was the odd positioning of the charging port at the bottom.

Why not center it? Having it off to one side is just an odd design decision, especially when factoring in that many car docks have legs at the bottom to help hold or support the phone and one of the legs would be in the way of the port
Old Mar 12, 2013, 07:42 PM   #60
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

It's been delayed. Not a good start with Samsung breathing down your neck.

Quote:
HTC has confirmed that its flagship One phone will be shipping in late March and early April after reports of delays. Earlier today, UK retailer Clove reported that it would start selling the One two weeks later than expected: while the phone was initially set to arrive on March 15th, "We have today been advised officially by HTC that the UK launch date has been put back to the 29th March." Official launch dates have been hard to come by, but HTC said at the phone's announcement that a global rollout was planned in the latter half of March.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/12/40...r-some-markets