Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Mar 25, 2013, 02:55 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default T-mobile new Uncarrier plans live!

http://www.t-mobile.com

$110 for 5 family lines with 500mb data.
$70 for individual unlimited everything.

And best of all no contract on any plan. This is the first time i'm really tempted to port over from verizon.

Discuss.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 03:17 PM   #2
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Coverage map is too poor in my area. Lets hope this causes enough business for them for Verizon and ATT to reduce their prices..... I can dream
Old Mar 25, 2013, 03:23 PM   #3
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Holy crap..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 25, 2013, 09:51 PM   #4
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

Coverage here is okay in Boise but mediocre outside a 20 mile radius. Huge dead zone from Ontario, OR all the way to Bend which is around 200 miles of nothing.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:08 PM   #5
m3talc0re
Radeon Evergreen

m3talc0re is still being judged by the masses

Straight Talk with an ATT phone here -_-

$45/month (50 after taxes).

"The real hell is your life gone wrong."
m3talc0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:24 PM   #6
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3talc0re View Post
Straight Talk with an ATT phone here -_-

$45/month (50 after taxes).
On AT&T's slow ass 3g network, not even HSPA+. Don't get me wrong it's a great deal but I'd rather have Tmobile's speed. I nearly always sit at 24mbps.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 12:43 AM   #7
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled with

I have T-Mobile and my plan is good for what I do. The coverage is good where I live and work, but some of the rural areas there is little to no coverage. My GF has VZW and she has signal in most places where I do not
Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 512GB Samsung 860 EVO | 4TB WDC Black | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 500GB SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 01:41 PM   #8
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

T-Mobile coverage simply blows in Houston. I see their commercials on TV all the time (some girl in leather pants), and I'm wtf are you talking about. You don't have that kind of coverage.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 01:59 PM   #9
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
T-Mobile coverage simply blows in Houston. I see their commercials on TV all the time (some girl in leather pants), and I'm wtf are you talking about. You don't have that kind of coverage.
cmon don't say that! i plan to cancel my verizon service to get an iphone 5 when it launches next month. Is tmobile that bad in the houston area?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 02:06 PM   #10
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
cmon don't say that! i plan to cancel my verizon service to get an iphone 5 when it launches next month. Is tmobile that bad in the houston area?
Sorry to bring the bearer of bad news. I can confirm because I have T-Mobile in my car that's used as a Hotspot and the damn thing just sucks. Their coverage maps are complete crap. Maybe this will change once they get LTE, but that's not until the end of the year.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 02:10 PM   #11
slick
Radeon Evergreen

slick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyslick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Anyone else notice that since these new plans come without a contract, you either have to buy a new phone outright (so $550 for a Galaxy S3 for example) or make monthly payments on the phone. Not exactly a great deal.

But, T-Mobile is trying. Verizon has the lamest plans I have seen, and AT&T is not much better. Really would be nice if we had better options.
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 02:14 PM   #12
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick View Post
Anyone else notice that since these new plans come without a contract, you either have to buy a new phone outright (so $550 for a Galaxy S3 for example) or make monthly payments on the phone. Not exactly a great deal.

But, T-Mobile is trying. Verizon has the lamest plans I have seen, and AT&T is not much better. Really would be nice if we had better options.
Your better off just buying them outright. Does T-Mobile even offer a 2 year contract?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 02:17 PM   #13
slick
Radeon Evergreen

slick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyslick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Your better off just buying them outright. Does T-Mobile even offer a 2 year contract?
Not anymore it seems.

Its a good deal for someone that buys phones outright anyways, since the plans are a good price. But if you can't afford to, then you can make monthly payments, which just equals out to be similar to the plans AT&T offers.

I wish T-Mobile didn't suck so hard, could have been worth it to get out of AT&T.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 02:26 PM   #14
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Coverage in the Boston area is excellent. I regularly can get service in buildings and areas where people with AT&T cannot.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 02:29 PM   #15
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Not anymore it seems.

Its a good deal for someone that buys phones outright anyways, since the plans are a good price. But if you can't afford to, then you can make monthly payments, which just equals out to be similar to the plans AT&T offers.

I wish T-Mobile didn't suck so hard, could have been worth it to get out of AT&T.
We just need these companies to be more competitive. I'm not sure how this will work with T-Mobile. I think people will just pay $200 and do the 2-year as has been the status quo. I don't see people paying close to $600, THEN another $20 a month on top of that to "own outright". I don't see this working at all.

How AT&T and Verizon come up with the EXACT same type of plans at the EXACT same prices for the EXACT quantities (data, voice, text), offered around the same time, I'll never know. If that's not collusion, I don't know what is. Reminds me of Canon and Nikon - one guy comes out with a new DSLR, the other comes with his right behind him, at the same prices. Personally, these guys are the ones holding smartphone technology back as far as I'm concerned.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 02:38 PM   #16
slick
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
We just need these companies to be more competitive. I'm not sure how this will work with T-Mobile. I think people will just pay $200 and do the 2-year as has been the status quo. I don't see people paying close to $600, THEN another $20 a month on top of that to "own outright". I don't see this working at all.

How AT&T and Verizon come up with the EXACT same type of plans at the EXACT same prices for the EXACT quantities (data, voice, text), I'll never know. If that's not collusion, I don't know what is. Personally, these guys are the ones holding smartphone technology back as far as I'm concerned.
With T-Mobile, if you buy the phone outright, there is no monthly payment for the phone. You own the phone, and then its just the cost of the plan ($50, $60 or $70 depending on the data you require). No contract, cancel anytime, and you own the phone. Only if you can't afford to pay full price, you can opt to make a monthly payment for the phone. Although, I think if you just pay off the phone early, you no longer have a "contract".

And AT&T/Verizon, with there 100 million customers or whatever, know they "have us". I'm on AT&T, coverage is great, data speeds are okay, plan pricing is awful. My only real alternative, Verizon. T-Mobile and Sprint just plain suck in this area. But why would I leave AT&T for the same crap on Verizon? If its not collusion, its a clever game that both carriers are playing with its customers.

I'll be happy when I'm not paying $40 a month for a damn 450 minute voice plan that I don't need. And AT&T has the nerve to claim my unlimited data is costing them money somehow. Eat a dick AT&T.

We are just too attached to our phones in this country, and the carriers know it. Nothing will change unless the carriers decide to be nice to us loyal customers.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 02:47 PM   #17
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

If I ever lose my 25% discount on ATT, I'll revisit the T-Mobile situation. If the coverage is good, it's a no-brainer to jump ship to T-Mobile. It's just not for me, at this moment in time.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 02:48 PM   #18
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Sorry to bring the bearer of bad news. I can confirm because I have T-Mobile in my car that's used as a Hotspot and the damn thing just sucks. Their coverage maps are complete crap. Maybe this will change once they get LTE, but that's not until the end of the year.
LTE just launched today in the houston area. Currrently seeing good feedback over at howard forums.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 03:30 PM   #19
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I've never used their service, but I like their CEO now.

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/1039...-up-front.html

Quote:
"Stop the bullshit," exclaimed T-Mobile CEO John Legere
Quote:
"Carriers are really nice to you... once every 23 months," said Legere, pointing at how consumers are lured into 2-year contracts by carriers, in borderline-predatory deals that make consumers end up paying more than what they bargained for. "This is the biggest crock of **** in my life. Do you have any idea how much you're paying?"
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 03:54 PM   #20
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

They suck dick in PA, no thanks.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 03:55 PM   #21
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
With T-Mobile, if you buy the phone outright, there is no monthly payment for the phone. You own the phone, and then its just the cost of the plan ($50, $60 or $70 depending on the data you require). No contract, cancel anytime, and you own the phone. Only if you can't afford to pay full price, you can opt to make a monthly payment for the phone. Although, I think if you just pay off the phone early, you no longer have a "contract".

And AT&T/Verizon, with there 100 million customers or whatever, know they "have us". I'm on AT&T, coverage is great, data speeds are okay, plan pricing is awful. My only real alternative, Verizon. T-Mobile and Sprint just plain suck in this area. But why would I leave AT&T for the same crap on Verizon? If its not collusion, its a clever game that both carriers are playing with its customers.

I'll be happy when I'm not paying $40 a month for a damn 450 minute voice plan that I don't need. And AT&T has the nerve to claim my unlimited data is costing them money somehow. Eat a dick AT&T.

We are just too attached to our phones in this country, and the carriers know it. Nothing will change unless the carriers decide to be nice to us loyal customers.
Ok, I see. It's $99 down and then $20 a month until the phone is paid off. That makes more sense.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 04:35 PM   #22
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Coverage in Dallas, Austin, Waco, and pretty much every big city between Austin and Dallas is excellent. Coverage between is spotty but still at least works.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 05:03 PM   #23
t.d
Radeon R300

t.d is still being judged by the masses

lol, this is pretty awesome, but I've been on t-mobile's prepaid $30 5GB plan using google voice for months now.
t.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 05:11 PM   #24
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

Is it just me or is the tmobile website painful slow?

Last edited by ElBerryKM13 : Mar 26, 2013 at 05:20 PM.
ElBerryKM13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:59 AM   #25
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

T-mobile is terribad in Cincinnati. A friend of mine will call me from work a few times a week and he is constantly cutting out, and data speeds are pretty atrocious on his phone. Last speed test we both did at work my Verizon S3 pulled almost 30mbps faster than his tmobile Lumia.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 02:52 PM   #26
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
T-mobile is terribad in Cincinnati. A friend of mine will call me from work a few times a week and he is constantly cutting out, and data speeds are pretty atrocious on his phone. Last speed test we both did at work my Verizon S3 pulled almost 30mbps faster than his tmobile Lumia.

I think they have some pretty high goals within the next year to resolve that with the LTE rollout and MetroPCS merger.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 09:50 PM   #27
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

You don't have to buy a new phone. A used one will work just as well.