Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:08 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Default Best website for buying a used cell

Sorry if it's been asked, I didn't see anything in search...

What do you gents recommend?

I'm looking for a decent 4g smartphone, preferably no more than $250 or so, android based and Sprint compatible. Looking for used or refurbed...

I need to ditch this 4s and don't want to pay early upgrade fees or ETFs. My heart is set on something comparable to the galaxy S3, but paying outright for a new device without a contract change just isn't in the cards right now.

Thanks guys
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:15 AM   #2
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Craiglist. It will cheaper than any website. Just look for one with some blemishes. Assuming your 4s is in good condition @ 16gb. It would really only cost u 100 give or take to get a mint s3 in nyc from craiglisting.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:23 AM   #3
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
Craiglist. It will cheaper than any website. Just look for one with some blemishes. Assuming your 4s is in good condition @ 16gb. It would really only cost u 100 give or take to get a mint s3 in nyc from craiglisting.
Yeah, 4s is in perfect condition. I will fire up cl tonight and go through it. Thanks nyc
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:40 AM   #4
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
I'm assuming the $100 is the difference between selling his 4s and buying the S3? Otherwise, I'm buying my next used celly from NYC!
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:43 AM   #5
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
I'm assuming the $100 is the difference between selling his 4s and buying the S3? Otherwise, I'm buying my next used celly from NYC!
Yea it is considering the difference. From selling or trading to.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:30 PM   #6
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Got my Note 2. Bye bye iphone, won't make that mistake again.

Note 2 = "Where you been all my life?"
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:34 PM   #7
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwood View Post
Got my Note 2. Bye bye iphone, won't make that mistake again.

Note 2 = "Where you been all my life?"
TRAITOR!!!!!

J/K...give us a review of that thar Note 2!
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:46 PM   #8
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
TRAITOR!!!!!

J/K...give us a review of that thar Note 2!
That's going to take a while

Pros - Right off the bat though - menus and settings well thought out and easy to navigate.

Multitasking
Multitasking
Multitasking
Multitasking
Multitasking
Multitasking
Multitasking
Multitasking
Multitasking
Video, email and phone at once....

Voice is 5 times better than Siri - did not mis spell a single word out of about 40, and it types as you speak, so no proof reading at the end.

Screen clarity, color and brightness need I say more?

Speakers - objectively speaking, the clarity is much better than the 4s. I mean, they're cell phone speakers, so no bose type experience here, but quality is much better.

Calendar - so easy to add/edit/appointments..

I haven't had to zoom to read anything yet. Text is sharp and clear.

UPGRADEABLE STORAGE!!!!

Cons - not really a con, but this is a full fledged OS. Learning curve will be steep, but worth it so far.

Size - this is truly a "phablet" but strangely enough it feels fine. I'll be using bluetooth the majority of the time, so that alleviates part of the issue.

Not a great fan of the defender's belt clip either, feels like it could come undone easily.

Kk -that's all for now.