Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:02 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Default The Official Fall 2016 Apple Event Thread

Stream Page:

10 AM PST

http://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2016/

Up for reveal:
  • iPhone 7 with similar design and 2 new colors, possibly waterproof, possibly no mechanical home button
  • iOS 10 Stuff
  • Possible Apple Watch 2 Stuff
  • New Beats headphones and/or wireless apple in ear headphones(air pods)
  • Possible Mac Refresh
  • One more thing...
Whatever it is I'll pre-order it as I am up for a contract phone and the iPhone 6+ is starting to show its age. That and Im stuck and too lazy to get out of Apples Ecosystem.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2016, 01:43 AM   #2
1madman1
Rage3D Veteran

1madman1 is still being judged by the masses

I'll say pretty much the same thing I did for the last Apple Event thread:

I don't care about the Watch or iPad, and the iPhones are plenty good enough as it is. I want new Macs - Mac Pro, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro 15". I'd also like to see a revival of Apple's decimated creative professional software lineup. However, I expect to see nothing that I'm looking for.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 08:51 AM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The waterproofing and camera potentially have me interested in a 7+. If T-Mobile does the same deal as last year where you get the next storage size up on Black Friday I'll probably get it then.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:22 AM   #4
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I'm only interested (possibly) in the watch.

But will keep an eye out because my girlfriend needs a new phone and is trying to figure out what route to go.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2016, 11:47 AM   #5
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1madman1 View Post
I'll say pretty much the same thing I did for the last Apple Event thread:

I don't care about the Watch or iPad, and the iPhones are plenty good enough as it is. I want new Macs - Mac Pro, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro 15". I'd also like to see a revival of Apple's decimated creative professional software lineup. However, I expect to see nothing that I'm looking for.
Same feelings.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:11 PM   #6
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Nintendo Games coming to iOS.

Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:13 PM   #7
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Nintendo Games coming to iOS.
Queue the Ron Paul it's happening meme.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:14 PM   #8
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Mario!! Damn Mario! Ios automatic win!

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:23 PM   #9
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I'm stoked for the new Mario game, even if it's simplistic it looks like a great time waster. I just got a 2DS so I could have more Mario.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:25 PM   #10
logical
What is my purpose?

Looks like another simple runner, but it opens the door for better games by nintendo in the future.

I forgot how boring these keynotes are. Apple watch coming up now.

iWork just finished, basically a clone of google docs stuff.

This Pokemon Go stuff is cringey.

Last edited by logical : Sep 7, 2016 at 12:34 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:37 PM   #11
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

New mario yay!!
new apple watch.. YAWN!!
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:41 PM   #12
logical
What is my purpose?

Waterproof apple watch... does this mean iphone will be waterproof?

Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:44 PM   #13
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Ugh the watch is the same.. No thanks.. Wake me up when someone develops a proper smartwatch

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

- True Blood
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:45 PM   #14
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Ceramic watch? Wut?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:45 PM   #15
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Waterproof apple watch... does this mean iphone will be waterproof?
Apple Watch already was IPX7 wasn't it?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:49 PM   #16
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Apple Watch already was IPX7 wasn't it?
New one is 50 meter rated

Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:51 PM   #17
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:

Also ejaculates when you're done swimming.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:52 PM   #18
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Yeah I caught that after I posted, I missed most of beginning of the Watch segment actually doing some work
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:52 PM   #19
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelphiaX View Post
Also ejaculates when you're done swimming.
Only if you do enough strokes
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:52 PM   #20
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
actually doing some work
Not me

Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:54 PM   #21
Elysian
SCAATSJW

So the original Apple Watch gets the same dual core processor now, that's not too bad. The price is still atrocious.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:54 PM   #22
logical
What is my purpose?

CNN push message says iPhone 7 was announced and waterproof available for pre-order the 16th.

Old Sep 7, 2016, 01:06 PM   #23
logical
What is my purpose?

IP67 water rated phone.

Raw photo format is a nice addition.

Last edited by logical : Sep 7, 2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 01:13 PM   #24
badboy
Merc with a mouth

Hmmm different cameras on the 7 and 7+

- True Blood
Old Sep 7, 2016, 01:15 PM   #25
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Hmmm different cameras on the 7 and 7+
Right in line with the leaks.

Old Sep 7, 2016, 01:16 PM   #26
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I'll probably be getting a Jet Black 128gb 7+.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 01:24 PM   #27
logical
What is my purpose?

No resolution bump is disappointing on the screen.

Stereo speakers... top and bottom of the phone.

Old Sep 7, 2016, 01:26 PM   #28
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

nice camera on the 7+

wish they would wake up and put a sd card slot on the dumb thing with good 256GB microsdxc memory card out now there is no reason not to
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2016, 01:29 PM   #29
Elysian
SCAATSJW

AirPods... Maybe they work well, but I doubt they sound good. Never liked the headphones that came with my phone, they look like basically the same design.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 01:31 PM   #30
logical
What is my purpose?

Im not sure I like the design but I came close to buying a bragi set for when I ride my bike. We'll see how it does.