Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:30 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

You guys are really getting bent out of shape.

All I'm saying is that the Apple Pay experience was way smoother. So what if it's late.

I could say the same of Google. Where's their version of TouchID? Why can't I take a picture of a Play gift card and have it load? Why is their dedicated messaging app still a mess? Why can't I sure apps I buy with other members of my family/friends? The Play Store still doesn't have App Bundles? Where's their version of Airdrop (phone to phone as well as computer to phone)? How about Google's version of Handoff and Continuity?

Some of Apple's implementations are more automatic, such as using your phone as a hotspot for your computer. Google's version takes a few more steps just to get it started.

But we can go back and forth all day. The point is, to say Apple is behind on everything is completely absurd.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:34 PM   #92
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Hangouts isn't a mess Phone to phone has been around for ages via NFC. Touch ID is a gimmick, and not secure enough. Is Continuity that thing that's related to Mac PC's? If so, what happened to the Post PC world we're supposed to be in?

Why exactly would you share apps you buy with other people? One purchase one license right?

Why does Apple still utilize a physical home button and have no dedicated back button?
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:40 PM   #93
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Hangouts isn't a mess Phone to phone has been around for ages via NFC. Touch ID is a gimmick, and not secure enough. Is Continuity that thing that's related to Mac PC's? If so, what happened to the Post PC world we're supposed to be in?
Continuity is for iPhones to Macs. Microsoft had a similiar features first but, Microsoft.

Touch ID is a gimmick? Ok, then.

The last time I tried a Phone to Phone NFC transfer on Android, via my S4, to transfer photos, it was a PITA. Going into settings, selecting files, bumping phones is for the birds. With Apple, you select the file, tap Airdrop, and done.

Yes, again, Android/MS has features first. Apple just simplifies them and makes them accessible with the easy button.

Anyway.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:42 PM   #94
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

Why exactly would you share apps you buy with other people? One purchase one license right?

Why does Apple still utilize a physical home button and have no dedicated back button?
Why would I share an app? Oh you know, using an app that my wife can also use without paying for it twice. I buy games that my son can also play so he doesn't have to buy his own copy. Stuff like that.

We're talking about back buttons now? Why do we need a dedicated back button? Really don't see the difference between this on iOS and the virtual "buttons" that pop up on the Nexus 6 or LG G3. Non-issue.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:52 PM   #95
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Continuity is for iPhones to Macs. Microsoft had a similiar features first but, Microsoft.

Touch ID is a gimmick? Ok, then.

The last time I tried a Phone to Phone NFC transfer on Android, via my S4, to transfer photos, it was a PITA. Going into settings, selecting files, bumping phones is for the birds. With Apple, you select the file, tap Airdrop, and done.

Yes, again, Android/MS has features first. Apple just simplifies them and makes them accessible with the easy button.

Anyway.
Sending files on my Z1s is just as simple. Open File Commander (oh, I can browse my whole filesystem by the way, no root), long press file, "Send via WiFi Direct" or just "Send files." There is nothing trivial. You obvious only found the hardest way possible to do things, maybe that's just you not knowing the platform, I don't know, but long press does just about everything on Android.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:53 PM   #96
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Why would I share an app? Oh you know, using an app that my wife can also use without paying for it twice. I buy games that my son can also play so he doesn't have to buy his own copy. Stuff like that.

We're talking about back buttons now? Why do we need a dedicated back button? Really don't see the difference between this on iOS and the virtual "buttons" that pop up on the Nexus 6 or LG G3. Non-issue.
Is the back button always in the same place on every app? Or does it change on a per-app basis? Soft buttons in a dedicated space make more sense than a home button and no dedicated back button. Means less bezel possible too, something Apple still hasn't figured out.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:11 PM   #97
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Is the back button always in the same place on every app? Or does it change on a per-app basis? Soft buttons in a dedicated space make more sense than a home button and no dedicated back button. Means less bezel possible too, something Apple still hasn't figured out.
It always seems to be in the upper left hand corner. These days, you can just swipe to the right to go back. It's a non-issue, but Android fanboys make it out to be, even when you point out Android phones all have wildly different implementations of it (real buttons, buttons that light up, virtual buttons, or in Samsung's case, reversed.) Frankly, the Android back button worked sometimes as I expected, most times not. (For example, in Android, when I'm in Twitter and it a link, it brings up Chrome. But when I hit the back button, it takes me to my last viewed website, not the Twitter app. In iOS, it takes me right back to my Twitter client).

TouchID>Bezel. Funny how Android fanboys always point out "Bezel!" yet have no TouchID and all the benefits that come with it. Keep making your zig-zag unlock pins.

Android seems to like complexity for some reason. Even doing something as restoring your data to a new phone is bizarre. With Apple, I simply loaded my phone from my last phone, thanks to iCloud. Apps, screens, configurations, folders, and photos were all there, as they were on the last phone. I was up and running in short time.

Last edited by Razeus : Oct 21, 2014 at 11:19 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:34 PM   #98
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I just opened a link from the twitter app, hit the back button from Chrome, right back into twitter. Your view of Android is already dated

I haven't reloaded my phone in some time, but having the flexibility of different launchers makes restoring icon location a tough proposition. Apple still doesn't allow you to replace the launcher, so there's that.

The main thing I want when I restore my phone is my Chrome to be how I have always had it. It is, from first boot. And I also want Chrome to sync seamlessly to my PC, which it always does.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:36 PM   #99
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I just opened a link from the twitter app, hit the back button from Chrome, right back into twitter. Your view of Android is already dated
Seems both of our experiences are outdated.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:38 PM   #100
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Seems both of our experiences are outdated.
Mainly yours
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:54 PM   #101
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Mainly yours
At least I've actually used Android.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:56 PM   #102
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I've used iOS, it was terrible. I'm not sadistic enough to keep using it. My girlfriend even switched to Windows Phone from it because it was so bad.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 06:25 AM   #103
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I am angry that all my thread contributing post have been deleted
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2014, 06:36 AM   #104
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
You guys are really getting bent out of shape.

All I'm saying is that the Apple Pay experience was way smoother. So what if it's late.
Way smoother than what? Have you ever used Google Wallet?

Quote:
I could say the same of Google. Where's their version of TouchID? Why can't I take a picture of a Play gift card and have it load? Why is their dedicated messaging app still a mess? Why can't I sure apps I buy with other members of my family/friends? The Play Store still doesn't have App Bundles? Where's their version of Airdrop (phone to phone as well as computer to phone)? How about Google's version of Handoff and Continuity?

Some of Apple's implementations are more automatic, such as using your phone as a hotspot for your computer. Google's version takes a few more steps just to get it started.
I don't know, clicking my toggle button in my widget is pretty fast...

Quote:
But we can go back and forth all day. The point is, to say Apple is behind on everything is completely absurd.
Behind on everything, no, but when you start a thread to celebrate a feature that other people have had for years, you have to expect the response you got.

Last edited by ViN86 : Oct 22, 2014 at 07:29 AM.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2014, 08:02 AM   #105
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Way smoother than what? Have you ever used Google Wallet?

I don't know, clicking my toggle button in my widget is pretty fast...

Behind on everything, no, but when you start a thread to celebrate a feature that other people have had for years, you have to expect the response you got.

Yep. Tititium and I have voiced our frustration with it. Tried to use it at Best Buy, but apparently the checkout girl didn't know that the company (or that particular) store, shut off their NFC system and got nothing. The system was clumsy then and I'm not surprised it didn't take off for Google.

There's not clicking with Apple with Yosemite. It just appears in the available wi-fi menus.

I'm not celebrating. I'm just stating that it worked well and was easy to setup. I fully expected to have the Android fanboys give their standard lines.

But I digress...

I honestly thought retailers would reject Apple Pay as they can't harvest your data, store your cards, know who you are, etc. etc. for marketing purposes.

Last edited by Razeus : Oct 22, 2014 at 08:09 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 09:03 AM   #106
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I haven't used Apple Pay yet (other than taking the (literally) 5 seconds to set up each of my cards) but I've got to say there's a lot of disinformation and misconceptions here. If you don't like Apple or their products - fine. For anyone who cares to hear the truth from someone who has spent significant time in both ecosystems, I offer the following:

The differences between Apple and Google are communication of features to end-users, and polish or ease of use. Google and Apple have very similar feature sets, there's no denying this. Having recently switched from an LG G2 (which I used for a year) to an iPhone 6+ I can say that the ease with which features work individually and co-exist together is definitely greater on iOS/OSX than Android/Chrome. You can technically do just about everything Apple offers right now on Google's platforms, but the effort required to do so is far greater. Some features are easy to setup. Others, not so much. Example: Google Wallet is pretty straight forward and easy to use, it's just not as convenient with a PIN rather than a fingerprint. That difference in ease of use is minimal. Now the opposite case: sending/receiving calls from one's computer using Google Voice vs. iOS/OSX calls through FaceTime. The amount of effort required to setup this feature on Google is orders of magnitude greater than on Apple.

To put it simply: yes, Apple is often "late to the game" when it comes to introducing features. The difference is: Apple tells you about the feature (very loudly) then makes it incredibly easy to setup and use.
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2014, 09:17 AM   #107
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Yep. Tititium and I have voiced our frustration with it. Tried to use it at Best Buy, but apparently the checkout girl didn't know that the company (or that particular) store, shut off their NFC system and got nothing. The system was clumsy then and I'm not surprised it didn't take off for Google.
I guess I don't see how it's "clumsy". The only difference is you have to enter your pin.

Quote:
There's not clicking with Apple with Yosemite. It just appears in the available wi-fi menus.
I mean if I leave my WiFi hotspot on, it's the same for me. Is it always on on the iPhone6?

Quote:
I'm not celebrating. I'm just stating that it worked well and was easy to setup. I fully expected to have the Android fanboys give their standard lines.

But I digress...

I honestly thought retailers would reject Apple Pay as they can't harvest your data, store your cards, know who you are, etc. etc. for marketing purposes.
Really? I would think that given the recent events with Target and Home Depot retailers would be eager to pass the security obligations off onto another company.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 09:21 AM   #108
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I guess I don't see how it's "clumsy". The only difference is you have to enter your pin.

I mean if I leave my WiFi hotspot on, it's the same for me. Is it always on on the iPhone6?

Really? I would think that given the recent events with Target and Home Depot retailers would be eager to pass the security obligations off on to another company.
It's clear that Target and Home Depot (and I'm sure others that are scrambling to secure their stuff before something happens) cared more about grabbing your data ("What's your zip code/phone number sir?) than securing it. This scenario keeps playing itself over and over again it seems. Unfortunately.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:11 AM   #109
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Here's how I saw it go down in it's most basic stripped down nutshell:
yar u an crak man?
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:14 AM   #110
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I just used Google Wallet to get breakfast this morning, so simple.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:16 AM   #111
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

Quote:
It's clear that Target and Home Depot (and I'm sure others that are scrambling to secure their stuff before something happens) cared more about grabbing your data ("What's your zip code/phone number sir?) than securing it. This scenario keeps playing itself over and over again it seems. Unfortunately.
I don't know, once the class action lawsuits go through, I think we'll see a lot more companies hop on the third party pay system.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:22 AM   #112
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
I drive a Saab and use a PC at home, but okay there.
My next car is unlikely to be something VAG either. BRZ's still have me quite aroused.
I was just busting balls, I know you drive a Saab. IMO there are better vehicles out there then the BRZ, but that's for another thread in a different section .

Quote:
It's usually in the upper left corner for most non-full screen apps. As someone who has owned 3 iPhones and just converted to Android, the lack of a back button when I use iOS devices doesn't bother me because I'm also used to just going to the upper left corner of the screen. Is a back button easier? Yes. But it never really caused a problem for me.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:05 PM   #113
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
I was just busting balls, I know you drive a Saab. IMO there are better vehicles out there then the BRZ, but that's for another thread in a different section .

It's usually in the upper left corner for most non-full screen apps. As someone who has owned 3 iPhones and just converted to Android, the lack of a back button when I use iOS devices doesn't bother me because I'm also used to just going to the upper left corner of the screen. Is a back button easier? Yes. But it never really caused a problem for me.
Wonder how well that upper left corner works for one-handing on the new larger phones?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:10 PM   #114
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Wonder how well that upper left corner works for one-handing on the new larger phones?
It's fine on the 6, I haven't handled a 6 Plus so I don't know. A back button on the iPad would be a welcome advance IMO.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:13 PM   #115
Blasphemer
Radeon Northern Islands

Blasphemer is still being judged by the masses

Yawn, contactless payment (nfc) is everywhere here. It's built in to most cards issued here. Why get a £600 phone out when I can do it with a card costing a few pence. Oh yeah, and my S3 could do that 2 years ago if i wanted to. But why?
Blasphemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:23 PM   #116
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
It's fine on the 6, I haven't handled a 6 Plus so I don't know. A back button on the iPad would be a welcome advance IMO.
It would become really cool and popular if apple did it....did it right...

Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:25 PM   #117
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemer View Post
Yawn, contactless payment (nfc) is everywhere here. It's built in to most cards issued here. Why get a £600 phone out when I can do it with a card costing a few pence. Oh yeah, and my S3 could do that 2 years ago if i wanted to. But why?
My one bank card has an RF Chip built into it, but my new one from a different bank doesn't, I was kinda bummed. Used to be able to just tap my wallet on the area and boom, done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwood View Post
It would become really cool and popular if apple did it....did it right...

Don't expect it anytime soon. Its 2014 and those idiots still only have a single button mouse

Quote:
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:47 PM   #118
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
My one bank card has an RF Chip built into it, but my new one from a different bank doesn't, I was kinda bummed. Used to be able to just tap my wallet on the area and boom, done.

Don't expect it anytime soon. Its 2014 and those idiots still only have a single button mouse
The US is way behind in RF chips on credit cards. Overseas is WAY ahead of us there.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:57 PM   #119
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Welcome to 2010, congrats
This. I've had Google Wallet forever. However, it's slow and clunky... not all POS terminals support. It's really just a glorified card swipe that generates an email receipt.

Apple Pay never gives the merchant access to your card numbers, so it should be more secure.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2014, 01:10 PM   #120
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

Not very well, even with the double tap. But we also understand this is really a 2H device.