Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Mar 17, 2015, 07:22 AM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Lollipop updates now starts to popping out. But one big feature I am VERY looking forward to, the camera2 API, isn't supported. There is no reason for me to update, plus the 5.0.x from what I know have memory leaks. Disappointed, very disappointed
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2015, 07:43 AM   #212
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypsee View Post
Lollipop updates now starts to popping out. But one big feature I am VERY looking forward to, the camera2 API, isn't supported. There is no reason for me to update, plus the 5.0.x from what I know have memory leaks. Disappointed, very disappointed
I just ditched my Z3 and went with a 6 Plus. So far the battery life is even better, the speaker is surprisingly much louder/clearer, and the camera is in another league.

It was a decent phone, but the lollipop update was looking pretty half baked.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:01 AM   #213
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

T-Mobile has already dropped the Z3. That was fast.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:14 AM   #214
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelphiaX View Post
T-Mobile has already dropped the Z3. That was fast.
Odd. Wonder if they sold out of their initial stock finally and won't order more? Or maybe the Z4 is coming lol.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2015, 07:10 PM   #215
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Odd. Wonder if they sold out of their initial stock finally and won't order more? Or maybe the Z4 is coming lol.
T-Mobile is quick to drop devices once they are set to be replaced, The only brand they continue to support after a new one has been released is Samsung and Apple.

We are suffering already from lack of support at T-Mobile because the G4 is coming in hot!
Old Apr 8, 2015, 04:01 PM   #216
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I couldn't tolerate that. I'm not sure how you guys put up with that. So if you have a Z3, they won't service you if you have a problem?
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2015, 05:59 PM   #217
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
I couldn't tolerate that. I'm not sure how you guys put up with that. So if you have a Z3, they won't service you if you have a problem?
How did you come up with that?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 08:12 PM   #218
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

DiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
I just ditched my Z3 and went with a 6 Plus. So far the battery life is even better, the speaker is surprisingly much louder/clearer, and the camera is in another league.

It was a decent phone, but the lollipop update was looking pretty half baked.
You are drinking too much of the special apple coolaid

http://www.gsmarena.com/iphone_6_vs_...iew-1148p7.php

Quote:
Winner: Samsung Galaxy Alpha. It brought the most detail out of our test scenes and offered an accurate white balance. Colors are on the saturated side and pixel peepers will spot processing artifacts but in general Galaxy Alpha photos are very good.
Runner-up: Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. The resolution advantage of Normal mode was not used to the fullest but it's a nice option to have. The 8MP Superior Auto shots will probably be used more often and despite some color issues they look slightly better than iPhone 6 photos.
Third place: Apple iPhone 6. The iPhone 6 camera is showing its age - detail is good for an 8MP shooter but the 8MP sensor is overstretching to match what the higher resolution sensors offer. Also the color rendering could use some work.
DiaperJe|\|i3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2015, 07:19 PM   #219
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

For those that ****ing care. The ****ing Z3V is ****ing 99 cents now at Verizon ****ing wireless. If I would have waited a few ****ing weeks I would have saved a hundred ****ing dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2015, 08:40 AM   #220
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperJe|\|i3 View Post
You are drinking too much of the special apple coolaid

http://www.gsmarena.com/iphone_6_vs_...iew-1148p7.php
Having owned both (well I have a 6+ not a regular 6) the Z3's camera is garbage next to the iPhone's. It's not even a comparison. Shots are noticeably less grainy, the app launches much faster, and with OIS I almost always get a great shot the first time. Not to mention on my Z3 it constantly over exposed every shot, things always looked washed out.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2015, 09:43 AM   #221
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Having owned both (well I have a 6+ not a regular 6) the Z3's camera is garbage next to the iPhone's. It's not even a comparison. Shots are noticeably less grainy, the app launches much faster, and with OIS I almost always get a great shot the first time. Not to mention on my Z3 it constantly over exposed every shot, things always looked washed out.
It's because you never use 'A Better Camera' apps. The stock camera apps in Manual mode took better pics than 'Superior Auto' mode too. You somehow recommend me iPhone 6+ in Z3 Compact thread. If I want big phone I don't buy Z3 Compact in the first place. Apple koolaid much? The regular 6 battery life is damn poor, my friend regularly at the wall plug. Simply ridiculous.

There isn't any phone that is reasonably sized (5 inch below) that have decent camera and battery life. Z3 have good camera sensor unfortunately coupled with crappy software but because of it's awesome battery life I keep it. The aforementioned camera apps makes the image quality better, it's minor but it's better than nothing. Up to this point I still haven't upgrade to Lollipop yet.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 09:46 AM   #222
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
It's because you never use 'A Better Camera' apps. The stock camera apps in Manual mode took better pics than 'Superior Auto' mode too. You somehow recommend me iPhone 6+ in Z3 Compact thread. If I want big phone I don't buy Z3 Compact in the first place. Apple koolaid much? The regular 6 battery life is damn poor, my friend regularly at the wall plug. Simply ridiculous.

There isn't any phone that is reasonably sized (5 inch below) that have decent camera and battery life. Z3 have good camera sensor unfortunately coupled with crappy software but because of it's awesome battery life I keep it. The aforementioned camera apps makes the image quality better, it's minor but it's better than nothing. Up to this point I still haven't upgrade to Lollipop yet.
Manual mode on the Z3 cranks out some really good pictures IMO. I keep manual mode on a setting that works well in my shop since that's where most of my pictures are taken.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 09:53 AM   #223
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Quote:

The lens can play a more critical role than the sensor in some instances.

The iPhone camera is better in the majority of instances.

But I agree this is not an Apple thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2015, 02:29 PM   #224
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

I just wish a 3rd party would release a better glass (or preferable non-glass) back panel for the Z3. That is pretty much my only complaint.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 01:57 PM   #225
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Back up on T-mobile for $500. Clearance price?
Old May 3, 2015, 02:58 PM   #226
Elysian
SCAATSJW

T-Mobile Z3 is rooted now. From my own phone:

Link to exploit:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=107

It didn't work the first 8 or so times for me, then I decided to remove everything in /data/local/tmp and it worked. Command is "adb shell rm -R /data/local/tmp" if you're having issues.
Old May 3, 2015, 09:50 PM   #227
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

I'm on Lollipop nearly a month now, battery life is pretty much the same as KitKat. Performance wise it is smoother at lower clockspeed. Camera image quality still the same. I need camera2 API for this phone.
Old May 4, 2015, 04:04 PM   #228
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Doesn't rooting the Z3 remove some features that sony locks as soon as the DRM is broken?

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2015, 05:19 PM   #229
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Doesn't rooting the Z3 remove some features that sony locks as soon as the DRM is broken?
No, if you just root without unlocking bootloader you'll be fine
Old May 14, 2015, 08:10 PM   #230
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I keep looking at the new phones coming out and thus far nothing has made me want to upgrade. There is nothing new coming out that comes even close to the whole package that is my Z3...
Old May 20, 2015, 04:35 AM   #231
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

My gripe with Sony is that they try to keep older phones up to date but do it half assed and never come round to fixing obvious flaws in a timely fashion. Making you chose between a good and stable old version with lack of features or a newer Android version with issues galore.

I have a Z1 and updated to lollipop. But it's riddled with features that don't work properly. For instance they seem to have fixed the memory leak issue in 5.02 but at the same time the launcher keeps reloading and background apps get closed way too fast. Interrupting media playing while for instance using navigation where it worked flawless before. They introduced new stamina features for when you use the device but it does didly squat and when I check the frequency history it shoots up to max frequency all the time which heats up the device and increases battery drain. As an added bonus the device now charges at a snails pace compared to before, screen on eats more battery so battery life is good with the screen off, but use your device and every advantage is not only nullified but even worse than before and new camera features don't work or they just forgot to remove them as they are not intended to work and audio functions stopped working system wide and are now only functional in the Sony music app. I could go on, but you get the picture...

Just a minor addition to explain my point about the non functional stamina option to conserve power with the screen on. When you enable the feature it tells you it will limit performance which may interfere with apps that need Max performance. Ok I don't need maximum performance when web browsing so I enable it. But behold, when I look at the frequency history it uses maximum frequency of 2.15 GHz 50% of the time when the screen is on. WTF? This didn't even happen in kitkat when we didn't have the feature... It would shoot up to max and settle down almost immediately to sub GHz frequencies.

Last edited by The PyroPath : May 20, 2015 at 04:46 AM.
The PyroPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2015, 03:58 AM   #232
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

23.1.A.1.28 updates are rolling in. I noticed a performance boost in this build, everything is more fluid. I wanted to buy new phones but I can't find any decent replacement for it.

Changelog for this build

– Ensured the lock screen / notification bar doesn’t indicate “no service” when the device has coverage

– Added a Sony feature; bringing back the “close-all-button” in the activity menu, so you can easily close all apps at once

– Unblocked devices with server policies (such as Exchange Active Sync for e-mail), to enable the new Lollipop lock-screen notifications

– Ensured the LED light is lit across all sound modes – and no longer offset by “silent”

– Made the necessary fixes to enable the easy movement of content from internal memory to external microSD card (something we saw affecting a few devices)

– Improved messaging functionality in Ultra stamina mode – some conversations could not be opened before in Ultra stamina mode
Old Jun 3, 2015, 06:43 AM   #233
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

OK, I installed King Root on my Z1 and it worked. Not on the latest lollipop bug fix yet since it's not available yet, but root enabled me to install CPU tuner and my suspicions were confirmed. Manually overriding the CPU frequency and governor has reduced the constant maximum frequency to acceptable values. Currently I'm losing only 15% in 1.5 hours of constant screen on instead of 22.5%/hour! Why, for the love of god, can't they integrate such a setting in Android for people like me? Just give some good presets and people will enjoy the much longer battery life when not benchmarking...
Old Jun 3, 2015, 09:18 AM   #234
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Just installed 5.0.1 this morning, so far so good. Rooted already too.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 05:33 PM   #235
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2015, 06:03 PM   #236
Elysian
SCAATSJW

My battery life was bad the first day, just okay the 2nd, and is now back to excellent. Lollipop is awesome so far.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 06:57 PM   #237
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
My battery life was bad the first day, just okay the 2nd, and is now back to excellent. Lollipop is awesome so far.
I experienced the same thing too. I no longer use Stamina mode as the default battery life is awesome. I just manually reduce CPU and GPU clock to get better battery life and lower heat.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 07:33 AM   #238
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Same here.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2015, 06:54 PM   #239
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Going to Tmobile and checking out the other new phones just confirmed the Z3 is still the best phone for me. My headphone jack is starting to fail so I got a warranty replacement ordered, but had absolutely no interest in the other phones. Even though it was technically outdated when it launched its still a compelling device. The Z3+ seems like a nice bump, but isn't really necessary for my uses.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 06:24 AM   #240
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I will be getting a Z3+ on contract when I move to Germany. Shame the mobile networks over there suck ass though, I thought you Americans had it bad with monopolies Germany is just as crappy

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote