Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:29 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Battery life just isn't that great compared to the G2 and in getting a lot of either random lag or overlay issues. Like I can be in an app and hit home but the launcher will just be on top of the app (so it looks like the app is my wallpaper).

The battery life is my main concern since I work with my phone and coming from the G2.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I'm not having those problems either. The battery is going down a tick faster then what I'm used too but I'm also on it more because I'm still figuring out some nuances of android now that it's more personal for me. 4.5 hours into my day, 64% battery left. Major offenders being PvZ2 and thus, also the screen. I do have bluetooth and NFC off (I don't utilize either daily) but also have wifi turned off. That is by habit though, through iPhone and WP8. Thankfully, it's much easier to do on Android and iOS7.

Edit: I've noticed a couple of app twerks but are unrelated to the phone or 4.4, I think.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:41 PM   #212
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
You might want to return your unit re: the glitches. Mine has been solid thus far.

The battery life is definitely draining quick when I use the sucker. I'll play around with settings over the next week to figure out the best balance, but so far it is not as long as my Nokia.

Haven't had any glitches, though some apps like Good for Enterprise have lag. Not a phone issue, more an application issue (Good is terrible at optimizing their UI).
Waiting for home office to get more units so I can swap it out. I can't go through Google. The battery life will never match what I need though, im running on 20 hours on my G2 right now and I'm at 52%.

Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:54 PM   #213
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
You might want to return your unit re: the glitches. Mine has been solid thus far.

The battery life is definitely draining quick when I use the sucker. I'll play around with settings over the next week to figure out the best balance, but so far it is not as long as my Nokia.

Haven't had any glitches, though some apps like Good for Enterprise have lag. Not a phone issue, more an application issue (Good is terrible at optimizing their UI).
Or an incompatible app/service is hanging in the background burning down the battery. I have not experienced any graphical anomalies or lag on mine. Battery life is improving after a few charge cycles.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 7, 2013, 01:03 PM   #214
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
Or an incompatible app/service is hanging in the background burning down the battery. I have not experienced any graphical anomalies or lag on mine. Battery life is improving after a few charge cycles.
Don't think charge cycle means anything with our current lineup. Internally we never talk about charge cycle other than long term battery life. The battery doesn't change in discharge overtime with sio+ batteries.

Old Nov 7, 2013, 01:47 PM   #215
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Don't think charge cycle means anything with our current lineup. Internally we never talk about charge cycle other than long term battery life. The battery doesn't change in discharge overtime with sio+ batteries.

Li-polymer batteries have to be charged more carefully to prevent damage. Phone learns the condition of the battery by monitoring charge/discharge stats and adjusts charge strategy accordingly.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 02:23 PM   #216
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Quote:
Li-polymer batteries have to be charged more carefully to prevent damage. Phone learns the condition of the battery by monitoring charge/discharge stats and adjusts charge strategy accordingly.
That's not the case with sio batteries in new LG devices and modern snapdragon processors. There's a reason battery tests are done on reviews, if battery life was affected drastically by charge cycles there would be no point in testing battery life in reviews.

And to add you can't damage a battery by over charging or any normal use. If a battery is damaged its due to improper use or defects. LG recommends using proper cables and included chargers, if those steps are taken the battery should charge properly without issue and pretty fast (about an hour to go from 0% to 100%).

Last edited by |MaguS| : Nov 7, 2013 at 02:30 PM.
|MaguS| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2013, 03:07 PM   #217
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
That's not the case with sio batteries in new LG devices and modern snapdragon processors. There's a reason battery tests are done on reviews, if battery life was affected drastically by charge cycles there would be no point in testing battery life in reviews.
Several reviewers have stated that the battery performance has become more consistent after a few days of usage, so it's either a real thing or a placebo effect.

I am sure we'll find out more as additional reviews and stuff come to bear.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2013, 05:40 PM   #218
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I'll grab some pics and write-up a little side-by-side comparo between all my phones. I've been thinking about it, should hopefully shed some light on why I am so stubborn about certain things

Look for a new thread.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 06:11 PM   #219
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Several reviewers have stated that the battery performance has become more consistent after a few days of usage, so it's either a real thing or a placebo effect.
Or it could be due to some backend stuff syncing in the back that completes after the first few days of use. Not necessarily battery related. I've not heard of battery conditioning with current gen cells either.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2013, 06:15 PM   #220
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Hows battery life compared to the s4?
BababooeyHTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2013, 06:27 PM   #221
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
Couldn't tell ya, I only own LG products... I just know its not nearly as good as my G2.
|MaguS| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2013, 07:00 PM   #222
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Or it could be due to some backend stuff syncing in the back that completes after the first few days of use. Not necessarily battery related. I've not heard of battery conditioning with current gen cells either.
I will say, the google now cards are quite inconsistent at the moment. Even when I pick stuff, sometimes the items I WANT to see just goes away

This is my first TRUE Android experience so I am sure I'll figure some stuff out down the road
Old Nov 7, 2013, 07:02 PM   #223
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
I would hazard a guess and say it'll be less. From what I have read, it sits right around the HTC One's battery life at the moment. It's not terrible, if you have chargers around (which I do, 2 wireless at home, one at the office and 1 in my car).

If you are going to be away from a charger all day, you may be pushing it.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 08:21 PM   #224
dreamwalker
valar morghulis

dreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete stranger

Coming from the Nexus 4, the Nexus 5 is a definite upgrade. Screen size, clarity, resolution is much better. The phone feels better in the hand as well.

I would like to see Google Now expanded. I want more **** on there, ie. when is my next alarm clock?

I also want to see notifications there, so my email, whatsapp, full messages with reply functionality built within it - instead of going into each separate app.

The "OK Google" thing seemed like a gimmick but it works exceedingly well. This thing is always listening when the phone is unlocked on the home screen, and the voice recognition has been pretty great so far.

I know I promised pictures today, but the Nexus 4 takes really shitty ones. These are the only 2 that came out decent.

Last edited by dreamwalker : Nov 7, 2013 at 08:24 PM.
dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2013, 09:12 PM   #225
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

My sister is going to send me some pictures this weekend so I'll have more then. Here's the first shot she sent me:

Don't have Photobucket Pro anymore so no full res, but I think if you click it and go to "Download" you can download the full res.

edit: here's another:

Last edited by Elysian : Nov 7, 2013 at 09:15 PM.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2013, 09:47 AM   #226
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamwalker View Post
Coming from the Nexus 4, the Nexus 5 is a definite upgrade. Screen size, clarity, resolution is much better. The phone feels better in the hand as well.

I would like to see Google Now expanded. I want more **** on there, ie. when is my next alarm clock?

I also want to see notifications there, so my email, whatsapp, full messages with reply functionality built within it - instead of going into each separate app.

The "OK Google" thing seemed like a gimmick but it works exceedingly well. This thing is always listening when the phone is unlocked on the home screen, and the voice recognition has been pretty great so far.

I know I promised pictures today, but the Nexus 4 takes really shitty ones. These are the only 2 that came out decent.

http://i.imgur.com/BVSXUSg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/guCmdz0.jpg
Nice thanks for the first impression. How's the the feel of the white one? Is it matte rubber like the black one?
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2013, 09:55 AM   #227
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypsee View Post
Nice thanks for the first impression. How's the the feel of the white one? Is it matte rubber like the black one?
It is matte, but it is slicker than the black. I think it is done this way so it doesn't pick up marks. I am looking at getting a bumper case (proper bumper, bare front/back) for it but nothing good on the market right now.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 11:09 AM   #228
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelphiaX View Post
Mine's in: First Impression of Nexus 5 - First Impression of Android (where the device is mine, not someone else's.)

Based on comparison to the Lumia 920

- Camera - *For me* they seem equivalent for straight snap and shoot. Haven't tested video. I do notice the shutter delay that TheVerge slammed in their review... I think they were exaggerating it a bit. Including the HDR+ processing time.

- Speed - OS Speed appears to be the same. Apps load a tick faster but general OS interaction, email clients, browser clients, are basically identical

- Speaker - Pretty poor compared to the Nokia. Noticeably hallow, I would label it cheap.

- Screen - Screen is excellent, however, so is the Lumia's. I couldn't really tell a quality difference. I do realize that on paper it's suppose to be better, but I can't tell a difference between the 720p lumia and 1080p Nexus. The Lumia has a double tap to wake the screen, the Nexus 5 does not.

- Physical - The Nexus 5 is easier to hold, lighter, narrower, thinner. Easier to one hand most items.

- Accessories - Everything matches and works, including wireless charging, SIM swap was a seemless on AT&T.

- Media - A bit surprised Android doesn't have a built-in way to play podcasts? That's a negative compared to WP8. When I wasn't getting hit with the audio bug I've detailed in other posts (which was almost daily) I enjoyed staying within one app for podcasts/music. In Android you have to bounce between 3 apps for what Microsoft has in 1.

- Google Hangouts - Messaging more reliable then Skype

Just my initial impressions so far after a couple hours of use last night and early this morning. I'll update it further throughout the day or tonight. Big test will be when I'm at the gym and my interactions there.

Okay, so an update on my part. Yesterday, I went 14 hours before it got to 5% charge. Hard to judge if I used it a great deal less then the first day, but I did use it less in the abstract.

- Update to Media playback - Not liking how if I have a podcast playing, I can't control fast forwarding through it (commercials) if it's on the lock screen. I either have to always have it present as a widget or manually go into the app. That's a negative compared to iOS or WP8.

---- Also, I haven't seen where when I select a song in Google Music app, that I can immediately control where in the song it goes. I don't seem to see any fast forward/rewind buttons when it plays. Just play/stop. Now with this, it does show on the lock screen but I have to hit the fast forward/rewind just to get the scroll bar to show to fast forward faster. I run into these situations where I have live recordings and the first 2 minutes is musician banter with the crowd, I want to fast forward. Currently, Android makes this a hassle whereas WP8/iOS7 did not.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 12:01 PM   #229
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Paid app but try PowerAmp?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2013, 01:40 PM   #230
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Okay, so an update on my part. Yesterday, I went 14 hours before it got to 5% charge. Hard to judge if I used it a great deal less then the first day, but I did use it less in the abstract.

- Update to Media playback - Not liking how if I have a podcast playing, I can't control fast forwarding through it (commercials) if it's on the lock screen. I either have to always have it present as a widget or manually go into the app. That's a negative compared to iOS or WP8.

---- Also, I haven't seen where when I select a song in Google Music app, that I can immediately control where in the song it goes. I don't seem to see any fast forward/rewind buttons when it plays. Just play/stop. Now with this, it does show on the lock screen but I have to hit the fast forward/rewind just to get the scroll bar to show to fast forward faster. I run into these situations where I have live recordings and the first 2 minutes is musician banter with the crowd, I want to fast forward. Currently, Android makes this a hassle whereas WP8/iOS7 did not.
I have noticed if my screen is on, I am almost always SOL for power. I was trying out nightshade, as it got me similar to the GDR3 double-tap screen thing but it leaves the backlight on even in night-mode

Haven't messed with podcasts but noticed I can't see an EQ.

I really like Android, it's very customizable and this phone is amazing, but it really puts into perspective how awesome WP8 is. With some better apps, it can easily be the best OS around.

iOS, in my opinion, is not even a player. If anyone spends a little time with Android, WP8 and iOS, there would be no reason really to select iOS at this point other than a handful of apps. WP8 clearly has the weakest application portfolio for the most part, but things like the people hub, make up for a lot of the deficiencies.

Android is the best of both worlds at this point.

Depending on how things happen in the next year or so, I may be heading back to WP8.x

But, I REALLY like this phone, the Nexus 5 is the dog's bollocks
Old Nov 8, 2013, 03:31 PM   #231
dreamwalker
valar morghulis

dreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete stranger

After a full day at work with no charging, leaving now at 68% with moderate use. Some youtube during lunch, mp3s, same stuff I used to do with my nexus4 but at this time my nexus4 would be at 45-50%.
dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2013, 03:45 PM   #232
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

FWIW, Google Maps deciding which way I should go home from work is terrible! It says the "best" way is to actually take a route that has me back track a bit north and not take the interstate, while going through about 20 lights. The "alternate" route, has me take the interstate but has me get off an exit too soon, go out of my way east, then south to loop back around west, coming into the back end of rush hour traffic leaving the city. Those are the only options offered.

One search on Bing Maps has the correct route as its default route. Which is the second half of Google's "best" route and the first half of its "alternate" route, combined. Maps are accurate, but Google's or Android's decision making on route selection is awful.

Edit: It says Option 1 "Best" is currently 25 mins, "Alternate" is 28 mins. Going my way, the average time is 20.

Edit2: Here's a bug. It looks like the directions that Google Now is giving, is actually the best course, reading in at 19 minutes. When you click on it to navigate that route, it takes you to Google Maps that no longer shows the route that Google Now just did. It shows the two routes I mentioned above, not the correct Bing route or route that Google Now just showed seconds before and still shows when you refresh it.

Last edited by AdelphiaX : Nov 8, 2013 at 03:52 PM.
AdelphiaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2013, 08:49 PM   #233
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
FWIW, Google Maps deciding which way I should go home from work is terrible! It says the "best" way is to actually take a route that has me back track a bit north and not take the interstate, while going through about 20 lights. The "alternate" route, has me take the interstate but has me get off an exit too soon, go out of my way east, then south to loop back around west, coming into the back end of rush hour traffic leaving the city. Those are the only options offered.

One search on Bing Maps has the correct route as its default route. Which is the second half of Google's "best" route and the first half of its "alternate" route, combined. Maps are accurate, but Google's or Android's decision making on route selection is awful.

Edit: It says Option 1 "Best" is currently 25 mins, "Alternate" is 28 mins. Going my way, the average time is 20.

Edit2: Here's a bug. It looks like the directions that Google Now is giving, is actually the best course, reading in at 19 minutes. When you click on it to navigate that route, it takes you to Google Maps that no longer shows the route that Google Now just did. It shows the two routes I mentioned above, not the correct Bing route or route that Google Now just showed seconds before and still shows when you refresh it.
Give it time... it will learn your preferred route and use that for commute estimates.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 09:39 PM   #234
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

v3rninater is still being judged by the masses

The more I use this, the more I like it, needs more options though, but I have apps!
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2013, 09:42 PM   #235
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:

Nokia Drive > Google Maps IMO. And it's not even close.

The only thing Google Maps has over Nokia Drive on Windows Phones is the tighter integration into the OS wrt voice controls.

Here's an HDR+ image I took a little earlier tonight at my buddies place.

You can see the compositing in the smoke. This was a night-time shot and the fire was roaring so definitely some light/dark shadowing and colors going on.

Not too bad I reckon.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 09:56 PM   #236
slick
Radeon Evergreen

slick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyslick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Activated the phone on Monday and so far I have used 2.34GB of LTE data.

Good thing I have unlimited........
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2013, 10:00 PM   #237
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick View Post
Activated the phone on Monday and so far I have used 2.34GB of LTE data.

Good thing I have unlimited........
What provider do you have?
Old Nov 8, 2013, 10:07 PM   #238
slick
Radeon Evergreen

slick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyslick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
What provider do you have?
AT&T. I'll be capped at 5GB. But a friend of mine who goes over his cap each month said that the last few months he was still getting 5mb up/down. So I guess we will see.
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:22 AM   #239
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Figured this one out. When you select a song, it moves it to the bottom. Apparently, if you thumb up from just above the bottom, it will give you the playback options that I was looking for. Need to be somewhat precise though, as if you thumb up from the complete bottom, it triggers Google Now, which you can't back button out of for some reason back to the previous app, like you can in WP8.

Quote:
Give it time... it will learn your preferred route and use that for commute estimates.
Creepy.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:33 AM   #240
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

After a few days I declare the batter life to be 32.54% better than my GNex.