Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jun 11, 2013, 04:03 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciera View Post
Beta is out. And can be installed without developer account at the moment. I took the dive, and am quite pleased.
link?!?!

EDIT: SONUVABITCH they fixed the glitch it seems Getting access denied from all the links posted yesterday.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.

Last edited by Shadowless : Jun 11, 2013 at 04:08 PM.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 04:06 PM   #122
HAL10000
Radeon Arctic Islands

HAL10000 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMT View Post
Yeah im a bit 50-50 on it myself. Could look better when its in your hands. They finally got auto app updating. Only took them 5 years. I love that feature on my Nexus 4.
I don't like the idea of apps auto updating.

The market can stay irrational longer than you can remain solvent.
HAL10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 05:15 PM   #123
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL10000 View Post
You can toggle this.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 11, 2013, 07:11 PM   #124
Ciera
Bueno

Ciera is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
link?!?!

EDIT: SONUVABITCH they fixed the glitch it seems Getting access denied from all the links posted yesterday.
if you can find the ipsw you might still be able to install it. the update itself is supposed to check your device id, but that check was disabled yesterday and definitely offline this morning (when i did my update). not sure if that's still the case though
Ciera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2013, 05:07 AM   #125
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

FMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
It only does it over wifi, it doesnt just do it anytime anywhere.
FMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2013, 07:04 AM   #126
HAL10000
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMT View Post
It only does it over wifi, it doesnt just do it anytime anywhere.
I've had updates on my first-gen iPad that rendered the applications useless. Not that I use my iPad much aside from reading/iBooks/Kobo.

Old Jun 12, 2013, 07:25 AM   #127
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

FMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I've had updates on my first-gen iPad that rendered the applications useless. Not that I use my iPad much aside from reading/iBooks/Kobo.
Yeah its rare, but ive had it too. Just a nice feature to have anyway.
FMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2013, 09:40 PM   #128
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'm happy for iOS users as these features make life easier. The issue is Apple themselves. They have spent years threatening/attacking anyone that used a line, icon, curve, color, shape, etc. similar to their own and here they are with some pretty blatent copying.
Because of Apples past history I fully expect the other companies to start the lawsuits, complaining, etc. against Apple.
They need to just call a truce and let technology continue.
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:42 PM   #129
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiro View Post
I'm happy for iOS users as these features make life easier. The issue is Apple themselves. They have spent years threatening/attacking anyone that used a line, icon, curve, color, shape, etc. similar to their own and here they are with some pretty blatent copying.
Because of Apples past history I fully expect the other companies to start the lawsuits, complaining, etc. against Apple.
Well said.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:57 PM   #130
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiro View Post
that is the problem with apple, or with us patent system
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:06 AM   #131
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
that is the problem with apple, or with us patent system
Just because you can do something legally and get away with it, should you?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Old Jun 14, 2013, 03:49 AM   #132
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

iOS7 looks fine to me. I'm not wanting anything too crazy, so throwing in some additions and subtle touches is right on par with what I'd like to see. Glad they didn't go ape shat with the 3D interface stuff like a lot of Linux skins are moving toward. Looks cool, but is NOT functional.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2013, 06:46 PM   #133
chigger_ns
Do the Xmas Cart-moon

chigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultychigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Tomorrow is the big iOS7 update. I hope all goes well.
Should be interesting to see it work on an iPad.
I'm going to do my wife's phone first....
Old Sep 17, 2013, 07:13 PM   #134
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The legacy app support feature they spoke about today/yesterday, that's actually a solid feature. I have seen it in other places, but on a mobile platform, especially with as many generations of products to support, this is a good thing.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2013, 07:27 PM   #135
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Can't wait!

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2013, 07:29 PM   #136
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

so a ipad 2 and a iphone 4s let them update or wait
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2013, 08:13 PM   #137
chigger_ns
Do the Xmas Cart-moon

chigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultychigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Do the iPad2 and cross thy fingers.....
Old Sep 18, 2013, 08:06 AM   #138
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by chigger_ns View Post
Do the iPad2 and cross thy fingers.....
I'm going to update mine.

If I post picks tonight of me using it for a wheel chock....you'll know it didn't go very well.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 09:27 AM   #139
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwood View Post
I'm going to update mine.

If I post picks tonight of me using it for a wheel chock....you'll know it didn't go very well.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 01:21 PM   #140
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

shouldnt it be out by now? no new update yet.....

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 01:26 PM   #141
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

I think it's out. I tried to do the update on the phone and got an error instead of it telling me my software was up to date.

The error makes sense. Every time Apple comes out with a new latest and greatest version their servers are absolutely slammed and I end up waiting days to be able to get the update. Totally predictable, and they never do anything to avoid this. Just like lots of other companies. Always caught with their pants down on launch day.
EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:09 PM   #142
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

tried just downloading it for my ipad 2 started fine then went to "you do not have permission to access the requested resource"
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:14 PM   #143
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

I've already downloaded and installed it on my iPad. So far it's... meh. Okay it looks a bit different. Nothing world changing. Most anticlimactic 3 minutes of my day so far.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:16 PM   #144
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
I've already downloaded and installed it on my iPad. So far it's... meh. Okay it looks a bit different. Nothing world changing. Most anticlimactic 3 minutes of my day so far.
witch ipad any slower ?
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:23 PM   #145
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
witch ipad any slower ?
The iPad 4 I think? The retina display 10" one on Sprint's LTE network. I don't see anything noticeably slower on it. All the apps look and feel the same, with the exception of a few native apps that I never use. Things like Safari and the Calendar app look different but I ususally use Google services like Chrome, Gmail, etc... so this update doesn't affect me in any way that I can recognize. Even the new pull-up quick drawer with things like network settings and camera stuff would be a lot more useful on a phone instead of a tablet.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:37 PM   #146
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
The iPad 4 I think? The retina display 10" one on Sprint's LTE network. I don't see anything noticeably slower on it. All the apps look and feel the same, with the exception of a few native apps that I never use. Things like Safari and the Calendar app look different but I ususally use Google services like Chrome, Gmail, etc... so this update doesn't affect me in any way that I can recognize. Even the new pull-up quick drawer with things like network settings and camera stuff would be a lot more useful on a phone instead of a tablet.
IOW no need to hurry.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 03:58 PM   #147
HAL10000
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
I think it's out. I tried to do the update on the phone and got an error instead of it telling me my software was up to date.

The error makes sense. Every time Apple comes out with a new latest and greatest version their servers are absolutely slammed and I end up waiting days to be able to get the update. Totally predictable, and they never do anything to avoid this. Just like lots of other companies. Always caught with their pants down on launch day.
Apple requires that each device get the binary *directly* from Apple. Considering how many devices out there, Apple does better than most.

Updating my iPad Retina atm and doing my iPhone 4S later (maybe).

Old Sep 18, 2013, 04:26 PM   #148
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Downloaded the patch to my iPhone 5 and it won't install. Goes to "verifying update..." then "Software update unavailable, please try again later". Oh well. Maybe Apple's servers are being slammed.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 04:29 PM   #149
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'll update tonight after servers cool down.

I have to wonder if this is Apple's attempt to get iOS apps to look like iOS instead of iOS & Android apps. Since most developers strive to make their apps look/function the same on iOS and Android, perhaps this is Apple's way of telling them, "you need to look like an iOS app - here's your guide". I guess we'll see if these redesigns come over to the Android versions.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 04:30 PM   #150
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

No jailbreak, no download.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote