Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Mar 15, 2013, 02:15 AM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Spyhawk is still being judged by the masses

Well after seeing the presentation and some quick reviews I like this phone. More in-depth reviews and some hands on approach is needed for me though before I can make a final decision but over all it seems to be a solid smartphone with all the latest bells and whistles.

Pros compared to my S2

1) much bigger super amoled screen with 1920 x 1080 res
2) Faster processor quad core snap dragon or the exynos octo
3) 2gb ram and up to 64gb internal storage
4) Better Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac
5) 13mp camera with many more shooting options
6) More Sensors ( IR Gesture, temp and Hum)
7) Better battery 2600mAh compared to my 1650
8) It also looks a lot better than my S2
9) Improved Touch Wiz and Jelly bean 4.2.2 (Yes I like TW)
10) NFC
11) Wireless charging capability
12) Gorila glass 3

Cons

Don't see any atm

Questions

1) Does it have an FM receiver?
2) Which processor will us Canadians be getting?
3) How much will it cost?
4) Is the sound chip any better than what I have on my S2 and is the speaker adequate?

Last edited by Spyhawk : Mar 15, 2013 at 02:18 AM.
Spyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 02:34 AM   #182
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Doesn't say, but at 441ppi can you tell? I can't even with my GS3.
I agree with you. On my old Razr it is very noticeable especially reading text on the web because of low qHD resolution, on my girlfriend S3 I'm quite surprised that it's barely noticeable even when I looked really close to it and I am one of the biggest hater of pentile display. I doubt you can notice anything at all on 5" FullHD resolution. I gotta say Pentile matrix is OK with high PPI display. I kinda miss the deep black and oversaturated colors on superAMOLED screen, games look gorgeous with it (I'm not being sarcastic, games do look great with it)
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.

Last edited by Apocalypsee : Mar 15, 2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: someone likes penile apparently :P
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 03:10 AM   #183
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypsee View Post
it's barely noticeable even when I looked really close to it and I am one of the biggest hater of penile display.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:05 AM   #184
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I guess that just as a lot of people make their buying decision based on factors like removable battery or microSD slot, I also my buy my phones based on how they feel in the hand, among other things obviously.
So with this in mind, I guess I'll never buy a Samsung phone.
I have a real beef with paying 600 euros for a premium device which doesn't feel premium. Apple phones feel premium, HTC phones same story, Sony phones, same, Motorola...quality devices.
This looks like toy for my kid, designed by committee, approved by lawyers, and styled by a blind man.
And yes, I did hold an S3, and it felt cheap compared to my HTC One X, which is a WORSE phone than what Samsung has done, but I wouldn't replace it with an S3 or S4 ever.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:09 AM   #185
Zoolok
The Fly

Zoolok is still being judged by the masses

This is yet another Android phone. *yawn*

If I had to buy an Android, I'd go with the HTC One (it looks amazing), or the Nexus 4. From my experience with Samsung phones, they all feel cheap and, as Ego said, like toys.

Nothing beats my Lumia 920 yet, though
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:54 AM   #186
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

FMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ill pass myself. If I had to get an Android Phone it would be the HTC or Nexus. Touchwiz is crap.

But the specs are nice, but specs dont make the phone.
FMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 06:07 AM   #187
ZaP911
Come again?!

ZaP911 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyhawk View Post
Is the sound chip any better than what I have on my S2
According to an XDA dev:
"So AT&T #GalaxySIV uses @Qualcomm audio solution, and its Audioflinger is configured to upsample everything at 48kHz. Not good."

Not sure about the International one though. It'll probably use a Wolfson DAC just like the S3, which is good.
ZaP911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 06:31 AM   #188
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

So I just got a chance to check out the S4 (busy day). Looks like a nice refresh of the S3 with added goodies. Will I dump my S3 and grab one? No. The S3 is a great phone and will keep me happy till next year. S3 "build quality" feels fine to me, hell my phone is in a case 99% of the time so it doesn't really matter. I personally like Samsungs "gimmicks", least they are trying. Are all of them amazing? No, but a bunch of them are quite useful.
I'm still a huge Motorola fan (loved my Droid X) and look forward to what they might produce next year when I'm looking for a new phone.
HTC one looks like a great phone, but it's HTC. And I still don't understand why the Nexus 4 is so popular, phone does nothing for me.
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 07:16 AM   #189
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I will say that the "unveiling show" was god f**king aweful. Who ever thought it was a good idea should be slapped. Much like certain movies that get made you have to wonder why didn't anyone say to them "what you have planned is stupid, don't do it".
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 07:32 AM   #190
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

It's really annoying reading all these comparisons on sites AFTER the unveiling and having them still say the S4 uses the Octocore CPU. They don't even make mention that the US version gets the quadcore, they're reporting it as if they all have the same CPU.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 08:01 AM   #191
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

No octcore = no buy for me. Touchwiz has nice features, but I can't be bothered to use them. If anything samsung will make the octcore into the note3. Will buy that one instead, for now HTC one it will be. Using the quad core makes the phone the same as the htc one. Materials used vs s features. HTc screen vs samsung 1080p I will take the htcs implementation instead. The overly saturated colors aren't bad just a bit too much for me.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 08:15 AM   #192
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
I guess that just as a lot of people make their buying decision based on factors like removable battery or microSD slot, I also my buy my phones based on how they feel in the hand, among other things obviously.
So with this in mind, I guess I'll never buy a Samsung phone.
I have a real beef with paying 600 euros for a premium device which doesn't feel premium. Apple phones feel premium, HTC phones same story, Sony phones, same, Motorola...quality devices.
This looks like toy for my kid, designed by committee, approved by lawyers, and styled by a blind man.
And yes, I did hold an S3, and it felt cheap compared to my HTC One X, which is a WORSE phone than what Samsung has done, but I wouldn't replace it with an S3 or S4 ever.
Do you use phone cases?

And I thought the One X was pretty much like the GS3, and in fact was better in some regards (and worse in others), so it was definitely trading punches.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 08:20 AM   #193
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMT View Post
Ill pass myself. If I had to get an Android Phone it would be the HTC or Nexus. Touchwiz is crap.

But the specs are nice, but specs dont make the phone.
So you've used the most recent Touchwiz to know this?
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 08:23 AM   #194
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypsee View Post
it's barely noticeable even when I looked really close to it and I am one of the biggest hater of penile display.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post

Old Mar 15, 2013, 09:14 AM   #195
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Ah bloody hell typos
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 09:14 AM   #196
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiro View Post
So I just got a chance to check out the S4 (busy day). Looks like a nice refresh of the S3 with added goodies. Will I dump my S3 and grab one? No. The S3 is a great phone and will keep me happy till next year. S3 "build quality" feels fine to me, hell my phone is in a case 99% of the time so it doesn't really matter. I personally like Samsungs "gimmicks", least they are trying. Are all of them amazing? No, but a bunch of them are quite useful.
I'm still a huge Motorola fan (loved my Droid X) and look forward to what they might produce next year when I'm looking for a new phone.
HTC one looks like a great phone, but it's HTC. And I still don't understand why the Nexus 4 is so popular, phone does nothing for me.
I don't know what my GS3 feels like. It's in a really nice feeling case.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 09:24 AM   #197
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

For those of us with Lumia 920's... just a physical comparison and such. I think myself, Sazar and actually a number of others.

Old Mar 15, 2013, 09:34 AM   #198
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelphiaX View Post
For those of us with Lumia 920's... just a physical comparison and such. I think myself, Sazar and actually a number of others.

Yah, the WP Central topic on this was quite interesting yesterday. Basically a number of people calling for Microsoft to step up the updates and refinement.

Honestly speaking, WP8 is fantastic for what it is. The OS is smooth, has fantastic features and easily leads the competition in a number of ways. Plus the Lumia 920 is a great device in many respects. The screen is fantastic (it looks like the screen is on auto-dim or lower brightness settings in the video), the camera is great and the speakers work very well too.

The issue is, ecosystem development. Nokia and HTC can't be the only ones pushing the envelope (face it, it really is Nokia doing most of the work). Microsoft needs to figure out what it wants to do with the convergence.

Samsung looks to have fired a shot @ google with this latest release, adding more Samsung DNA, borrowing stuff from everywhere and making a product that is a solid offering, but is also clearly moving away from the core Android experience.

I prefer the core experience to the TW experience, but there is no denying that a large number of people out there REALLY like the GS ecosystem.

Going back to the Nokia, it is a fantastic phone, I still have a feeling of "newness" and "freshness" every time I use it. I always lost it within a couple of weeks with my iPhones. I find that same freshness and newness with Android devices
Old Mar 15, 2013, 09:46 AM   #199
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Touchwiz is nothing close to the Android experience at this point.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:14 AM   #200
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
That doesn't make it bad. You should know, you use iOS, which is way behind the stock Android experience
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:43 AM   #201
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:

You can mostly disable touchjizz features. Outside of cosmetic differences, it's not very different from any android phone.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:54 AM   #202
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I think we need to get to 16 core CPU's....

I want my phone to be an AutoCAD workstation....
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:58 AM   #203
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Yah, the WP Central topic on this was quite interesting yesterday. Basically a number of people calling for Microsoft to step up the updates and refinement.

Honestly speaking, WP8 is fantastic for what it is. The OS is smooth, has fantastic features and easily leads the competition in a number of ways. Plus the Lumia 920 is a great device in many respects. The screen is fantastic (it looks like the screen is on auto-dim or lower brightness settings in the video), the camera is great and the speakers work very well too.

The issue is, ecosystem development. Nokia and HTC can't be the only ones pushing the envelope (face it, it really is Nokia doing most of the work). Microsoft needs to figure out what it wants to do with the convergence.

Samsung looks to have fired a shot @ google with this latest release, adding more Samsung DNA, borrowing stuff from everywhere and making a product that is a solid offering, but is also clearly moving away from the core Android experience.

I prefer the core experience to the TW experience, but there is no denying that a large number of people out there REALLY like the GS ecosystem.

Going back to the Nokia, it is a fantastic phone, I still have a feeling of "newness" and "freshness" every time I use it. I always lost it within a couple of weeks with my iPhones. I find that same freshness and newness with Android devices
Ive been wanting MS to step up on their refinement and updates for along time now....
They release their hardware on 'just about to expire' specced components and not the 'just about to be released' components...
That = instant outdatedness.

They're slow as utter **** getting their featuresets up to par.

Theres been no signs of app development.

I like WP but its hard to continue to support them when they don't seem to want to push themselves out of their 'we are content with where we're at' zone.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:07 AM   #204
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Ive been wanting MS to step up on their refinement and updates for along time now....
They release their hardware on 'just about to expire' specced components and not the 'just about to be released' components...
That = instant outdatedness.

They're slow as utter **** getting their featuresets up to par.

Theres been no signs of app development.

I like WP but its hard to continue to support them when they don't seem to want to push themselves out of their 'we are content with where we're at' zone.
You don't need the fastest processor as long as the OS works well.

I used to say this back when the iPhone was still smooth and Android was all laggy (prior to 4.x.x).

The OS is extremely refined and there is a LOT of stuff that can be done. It just isn't being pushed at the moment.

There are rumors of a bunch of investment in Windows Blue/9, and releases saying all WP8 devices will have an upgrade path to 9 (which is good ) but I really want to see things like the notification center and other items sooner rather than later.

Apps like Chronos Calendar, the Nokia apps, Photosynth and others show what is possible. It's just a matter of taking it to the next level
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:20 AM   #205
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
You don't need the fastest processor as long as the OS works well.

I used to say this back when the iPhone was still smooth and Android was all laggy (prior to 4.x.x).

The OS is extremely refined and there is a LOT of stuff that can be done. It just isn't being pushed at the moment.

There are rumors of a bunch of investment in Windows Blue/9, and releases saying all WP8 devices will have an upgrade path to 9 (which is good ) but I really want to see things like the notification center and other items sooner rather than later.

Apps like Chronos Calendar, the Nokia apps, Photosynth and others show what is possible. It's just a matter of taking it to the next level
of course you don't need the fastest, but specs is what people look at and that's how you draw them in.
OMG ITS GOT QUADRA CORES!! WHAT DOES IT MEAN?? IT MEANS ITS SO FAST YOUR MIND = BLOWN!!! BUY THIS FONE CUZ ITS GOT 4 MORE CORES THAN EVERYONE ELSE!!!

When it comes to the S4, the international/NA variants are again suffering from different chipset syndrome. Technically the international with the Exynos will be more powerful but that doesn't mean the S4 in the S4 is no slouch. Plus unless you benchmark your phone constantly you're not going to notice a difference.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:39 AM   #206
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
of course you don't need the fastest, but specs is what people look at and that's how you draw them in.
OMG ITS GOT QUADRA CORES!! WHAT DOES IT MEAN?? IT MEANS ITS SO FAST YOUR MIND = BLOWN!!! BUY THIS FONE CUZ ITS GOT 4 MORE CORES THAN EVERYONE ELSE!!!
Specs only matter when there is a device that is severely lacking a feature.

I had issues with Apple's head in the sand approach regarding widgets, LTE, app management and a few other things, but performance of the device wasn't really a concern. For the GS4, the specs weren't touted much either. It was primarily features. The primary thing called out was storage (user upgrade-able) and battery (likewise). The rest of the stuff wasn't key and the presentation primarily revolved around real world usage scenarios.

Quote:
When it comes to the S4, the international/NA variants are again suffering from different chipset syndrome. Technically the international with the Exynos will be more powerful but that doesn't mean the S4 in the S4 is no slouch. Plus unless you benchmark your phone constantly you're not going to notice a difference.
I have talked to absolutely 0 people in the real world who have cared about the procs since the dual-core's came to market and overall performance became solid industry wide. You have a good point on the overall performance levels
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:33 PM   #207
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Any tests done with the 13MP camera?
I think this is the most important feature in a phone for me. While I like the HTC One over the Samsung 4, the HTC One camera is apparently crap. And that's a damn shame.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 01:23 PM   #208
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
I think this is the most important feature in a phone for me. While I like the HTC One over the Samsung 4, the HTC One camera is apparently crap. And that's a damn shame.
Is it?

If it was, why didn't you buy a Lumia 920? It has the best camera on the market.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 01:34 PM   #209
Zero
Sass hole

Most important doesn't mean only important.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Mar 15, 2013, 01:39 PM   #210
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I've seen several reports stating the exact opposite.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote