Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Mar 13, 2013, 02:08 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Ah, a bit rich for me

Was thinking of a phone for my parents on the islands They aren't so good with tech, or their eyesight anymore

Cheers for the info, hope you get a sale.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 02:20 PM   #92
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Ah, a bit rich for me

Was thinking of a phone for my parents on the islands They aren't so good with tech, or their eyesight anymore

Cheers for the info, hope you get a sale.
It's np. Not really looking to sell till this phone is out anyways, and thats only provided it comes with the 8c.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 02:31 PM   #93
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
It's np. Not really looking to sell till this phone is out anyways, and thats only provided it comes with the 8c.
I think the rumors have the international version having the 8c, I believe.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 13, 2013, 02:35 PM   #94
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
The point is simple. It's not a one hit wonder. Samsung has sold tens of millions of every single Galaxy phone. The GS3 just has more sales than the others. It's like saying "the iPhone 4s was a one hit wonder" before the 5 came out, simply because it had higher sales than it's predecessors.

See?

If you want to make it personal, be my guest.

That's as fair as a response I think we'll see, given how you were shown wrong on what was actually written versus what you think and not just on mine. You again missed/failed to quote me on points that you projected into the dialogue but yet, aren't found anywhere.

Maybe own up to it at some point and say, I don't know something like "I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I don't think it will be viewed like that in the future because... <insert iphone response>" instead of replying with things you think were written and were not. There was nothing personal written, I responded to another poster about how you have a tendency to misread/misinterpret content with your own conjecture. You don't own up to it when that happens and instead just drag it out.

Last edited by AdelphiaX : Mar 13, 2013 at 02:59 PM.
AdelphiaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 02:56 PM   #95
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Settle down gentlemen.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 03:51 PM   #96
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Adelphia, read the posts in this thread. You keep accusing me of doing something I clearly haven't. I was not the only one who was wondering about your "one hit wonder" comment.

Maybe you should take your own advice, given the evidence of your own posts.

I don't have any issues dude He's getting all defensive and personal over his own statement.

You have though, you still can't quote where I've stated what you claimed I have. I'm asking you to quote what you claim are my statements and you repeatedly fail at doing so. What you think are my statements, are actually fabrications that you've projected into this that don't exist. If what I'm saying isn't true, quote it. You can't.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 05:01 PM   #97
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelphiaX View Post
Wonder if the S3 will become known as their one hit wonder
And other mentions of the same in the thread.

Quote:
You have though, you still can't quote where I've stated what you claimed I have. I'm asking you to quote what you claim are my statements and you repeatedly fail at doing so. What you think are my statements, are actually fabrications that you've projected into this that don't exist. If what I'm saying isn't true, quote it. You can't.
My contention was simply that it is not a 1 hit wonder and I said why. We've done this fancy song and dance for the past several posts where you have accused me of all kinds of things. And I have stuck to my point that hang on, it's not a 1 hit wonder, there were other products that sold quite well and I further responded to your questions and expounded what the connotations of what you were saying in terms of sales.

If your intention was to have it mean something else, fair enough. There was no need to go and insinuate all kinds of other things about me personally and muddy the water.

As I said, it really was THAT simple.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 07:23 PM   #98
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Settle down gentlemen.
yeah, just wait till like October for the Iphone5s.
It'll have 8 real cores!

and that's probably it.....
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 07:29 PM   #99
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
yeah, just wait till like October for the Iphone5s.
It'll have 8 real cores!

and that's probably it.....
I deleted a number of posts. No point derailing the conversation. This thread should explode tomorrow.

And then, next month, HTC One
Old Mar 13, 2013, 09:34 PM   #100
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

I love my S3 and I always thought I'd go with the S4 but damn the HTC One is hot.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:26 PM   #101
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Spyhawk is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
I love my S3 and I always thought I'd go with the S4 but damn the HTC One is hot.

I dunno about the HTC ONE. The phone is gorgeous but not being able to swap the battery and the sd card is a big negative for a supposedly flagship smartphone. Also Ive looked at the specs sheat and the phone doesn't have an FM receiver which I use a lot on my S2.
Spyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 01:50 AM   #102
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

eh? One have FM radio, unless you mean FM transmitter?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 02:47 AM   #103
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Spyhawk is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
eh? One have FM radio, unless you mean FM transmitter?

Don't see a FM receiver on the specs sheet. Im talking about the FM you can listen to by plugging in the headphones that are used as an antenna. Not what you get over data(internet)
Spyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 03:13 AM   #104
ZaP911
Come again?!

ZaP911 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyhawk View Post
Don't see a FM receiver on the specs sheet.
Supported according to GSMArena. Also comes with an IR port.

Radio: Stereo FM radio with RDS
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one-5313.php
ZaP911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 08:27 AM   #105
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Wow. This event starts late.

edit: pics

Last edited by Razeus : Mar 14, 2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 09:09 AM   #106
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
And other mentions of the same in the thread.

My contention was simply that it is not a 1 hit wonder and I said why. We've done this fancy song and dance for the past several posts where you have accused me of all kinds of things. And I have stuck to my point that hang on, it's not a 1 hit wonder, there were other products that sold quite well and I further responded to your questions and expounded what the connotations of what you were saying in terms of sales.

If your intention was to have it mean something else, fair enough. There was no need to go and insinuate all kinds of other things about me personally and muddy the water.

As I said, it really was THAT simple.
You still haven't quoted where I called it a one hit wonder. Hilarious! You find the statement that you quoted in bold as current statement of fact? That's what the problem is, it's not my intention, it's you're understanding of the English in that sentence. You still don't own up to reading it wrong. You find a reflective statement of what something could be looked upon in the future, as actually a current statement of fact in the now. As ESPN host Cowherd would say, "This is a you problem, not a me problem."

Back to thread:

Saw this post over at Engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/14/g...touch-and-sma/

The SmartPause feature seems more of a gimmick to me until it can be developed into auto-resuming.

I really do like the thin bezel on the sides and the smaller then other phones bezel on the bottom. I hope that trend continues this year.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 03:03 PM   #107
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
You still haven't quoted where I called it a one hit wonder. Hilarious!
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...6&postcount=97

Please end this farce.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 03:05 PM   #108
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyhawk View Post
I dunno about the HTC ONE. The phone is gorgeous but not being able to swap the battery and the sd card is a big negative for a supposedly flagship smartphone. Also Ive looked at the specs sheat and the phone doesn't have an FM receiver which I use a lot on my S2.
HTC did a decent job with their refresh of the One X. If they can do a similar thing (with a bigger battery perhaps) on the One, that would be fantastic, and right around when I'll be up for a new phone
Old Mar 14, 2013, 03:45 PM   #109
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
BURN!!!!!
Omega53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 03:46 PM   #110
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Humility is a lesson you haven't learned. Actually respond to this:

Quote:
You still haven't quoted where I called it a one hit wonder. Hilarious! You find the statement that you quoted in bold as current statement of fact? That's what the problem is, it's not my intention, it's you're understanding of the English in that sentence. You still don't own up to reading it wrong. You find a reflective statement of what something could be looked upon in the future, as actually a current statement of fact in the now. As ESPN host Cowherd would say, "This is a you problem, not a me problem."
I even helped with the bold.

Live blog for anyone interested:

http://www.androidcentral.com/live-s...-new-york-city

Should be interesting. They are trying really hard to create an Apple like atmosphere for the device. A lot of swing and misses to me, especially the flash mob thing.

Last edited by AdelphiaX : Mar 14, 2013 at 03:48 PM.
AdelphiaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 04:43 PM   #111
Tyler582
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Tyler582 is still being judged by the masses

Your mom's a one trick pony.
ASUS UL30-VT A1 13.3" Notebook w/64GB SSD
Tyler582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 04:52 PM   #112
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Just because you throw a single line in about the phone at the end of each little bitch fest doesn't make it suddenly ok. Knock it the **** off for ****'s sake.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 05:42 PM   #113
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Old Mar 14, 2013, 05:51 PM   #114
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Didn't they have a Galaxy before the Galaxy S? Thought there was an even older phone than that...

edit: Was right... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_i7500

I remember it being on Tmobile. I tried to win one in a contest back when I still had my Pre.

Last edited by Elysian : Mar 14, 2013 at 05:58 PM.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 05:59 PM   #115
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Didn't they have a Galaxy before the Galaxy S? Thought there was an even older phone than that...

edit: Was right... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_i7500

I remember it being on Tmobile. I tried to win one in a contest back when I still had my Pre.
I think they stuck to just the S series (S, S2, S3), but yah, I had totally forgotten about that

Wow, time flies

-edit-

Livestream video link:

http://www.youtube.com/samsungmobile

Enjoy.

Last edited by Sazar : Mar 14, 2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 06:03 PM   #116
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Not expecting too much other what Samsung added to the OS. It is a year old OS afterall.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 06:08 PM   #117
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Not expecting too much other what Samsung added to the OS. It is a year old OS afterall.
4.2 is a year old?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android...PI_level_17.29

I suppose it is from the 2012's
Old Mar 14, 2013, 06:20 PM   #118
ZaP911
Come again?!

ZaP911 is still being judged by the masses

Oh look they reintroduced the S3 again.
ZaP911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 06:26 PM   #119
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Ok, I'll say it, why does that guy have a black belt and brown shoes?

I'm color blind and even I notice it

Phone looks pretty awesome, lots of stuff similar to the HTC One.

Did I hear correctly, the phone is the same or smaller size than the GS3? But bigger/better screen?

Old Mar 14, 2013, 06:28 PM   #120
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I like it, who gives a **** if it looks similar to the GS3.

I also think this whole event is lame as ****, friggin nerds. Just tell me what the damn thing has, stop turning it into a play.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote