Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

View Poll Results: Will you be getting a Windows Surface (Tablet)?
Yes 7 9.09%
No 38 49.35%
Maybe 32 41.56%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:13 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I want to see surface pro but depending on price i may go for the asus book

http://www.asus.com/vivo/en/transformerBook.htm
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:59 AM   #62
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i was in the middle of buying win rt or win 8 tablet, but have chosen win8 i5 tablet instead.

if you think about it, if you get the win rt, why not just get ios ipad, or android tablet. you can do much more with ipad or android at this time.

but as for win 8 tablet, it is one special device. full window system on the go.

CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

Last edited by wc326 : Nov 24, 2012 at 12:09 PM.
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:39 PM   #63
mabran
Wrigley Field Is A Pit

mabran is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
i was in the middle of buying win rt or win 8 tablet, but have chosen win8 i5 tablet instead.

if you think about it, if you get the win rt, why not just get ios ipad, or android tablet. you can do much more with ipad or android at this time.

but as for win 8 tablet, it is one special device. full window system on the go.

I would disagree about doing more on Android or IPad. Other than a larger app store which is growing consistently for Microsoft, Surface has fully replaced my Acer A500 for Tablet duties and light business work the Android tablet just couldn't cut it in that dept. Business and office work are not what Android tablets or IPad specialize in. They are great consumption devices with little else for getting work done if one so chooses to.

While on the topic of app stores, MS needs to start filtering or I see the same bloat of useless apps that plague IOS and Android. I want quality not quantity. Sadly I think MS will cater to those that think the quantity is a deciding factor if something is considered successful.

One of the things that annoys me with Android is having to search through a mountain of crap to find something worth a damn.

Surface is much more well rounded IMO.

system spec: HYPER-V
Phenom II 1090T , 8GB X4 Crucial 1666, Samsung SATA Dual Layer Burner, 5x 1TB Samsung HE103UJ SATA HD's, Windows Server 2008 R2
mabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:39 PM   #64
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabran View Post
I would disagree about doing more on Android or IPad. Other than a larger app store which is growing consistently for Microsoft, Surface has fully replaced my Acer A500 for Tablet duties and light business work the Android tablet just couldn't cut it in that dept. Business and office work are not what Android tablets or IPad specialize in. They are great consumption devices with little else for getting work done if one so chooses to.

While on the topic of app stores, MS needs to start filtering or I see the same bloat of useless apps that plague IOS and Android. I want quality not quantity. Sadly I think MS will cater to those that think the quantity is a deciding factor if something is considered successful.

One of the things that annoys me with Android is having to search through a mountain of crap to find something worth a damn.

There are several great office solutions on Android and Apple. I own all the major ones on Android and they're quite good.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:46 PM   #65
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

why my win 8 tablet does not include ms office

Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:49 PM   #66
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
why my win 8 tablet does not include ms office
AFAIK, the Surface had it installed with RT. Some other OEM's installed it with RT as well but YMMV. I don't know anyone including it with the full version though.

And it's not the complete version of Office 2013 anyways.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:53 PM   #67
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
AFAIK, the Surface had it installed with RT. Some other OEM's installed it with RT as well but YMMV. I don't know anyone including it with the full version though.

And it's not the complete version of Office 2013 anyways.
yea the rt has it. but win 8 the more expensive true PC OS does not include office. at least not on my acer iconia w700

Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:55 PM   #68
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
yea the rt has it. but win 8 the more expensive true PC OS does not include office. at least not on my acer iconia w700
My XPS 12 also did not include it, but I have an MSDN account so it doesn't matter
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:39 AM   #69
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

It appears that MS has officially said it will support Surface for 4yrs, thats mighty impressive seeing how so many fairly recent tablets are no longer getting anymore, or at least unknown, updates.
Source

mabran, hows the wifi performance on the surface? i may bight the bullet tomorrow, finally getting the chance to head over to the new MS store to see how it feels in my hand. Ive played around with the Asus model at BB and was impressed, tho it didnt feel all the robust materially.

Last edited by **G.I.BRO** : Nov 25, 2012 at 01:42 AM.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:23 AM   #70
Yaboze
Radeon R420

Yaboze can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyYaboze can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Nope, I have a iPad 4th Gen (newest) with 64GB.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:54 PM   #71
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Can I change my vote to yes Just picked up the 32gb surface with touchpad at the MS store. (Sidenote; really impressed with MS's store, very crowded but enough people to help you out. Made for a pleasant experience.) After playing around with it for an hr on location i was really impressed with it. Even tho its the RT it really feels like an legit extension for my desktop. Just setting everything up now and cant wait to really see how this will fit into my life style. I will admit that i will miss the silly apps that android has, but im sure the MS store will fill up with some fun stuff down the rd. Again its not what i really want it for, but it would be fun to fart around once in a while.

Just some quick pics

Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:27 AM   #72
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Is this better than the iPad Retina or iPad mini?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:50 AM   #73
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Is this better than the iPad Retina or iPad mini?
Hell no. The lack of apps...

Give it 6 months for apps to be made. Then just wait for Surface 2.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:57 AM   #74
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post

haha lol. I am thinking hard about picking up an iPad mini. It has the right size, lots of games (primary reason for purchase), includes a good browser and such.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:05 AM   #75
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:

give it 1 to 3 and get Surface pro and run the same programs as your desktop
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Surfa...h-309377.shtml
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:58 AM   #76
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
give it 1 to 3 and get Surface pro and run the same programs as your desktop
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Surfa...h-309377.shtml
been using my acer w700

i won't be using my ipad2 for a long time.

but data wise, android or ios is much better.
i used 30MB in 2 minutes, even without doing anything on my tab w700 acer...

Last edited by wc326 : Nov 26, 2012 at 03:31 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:53 AM   #77
mabran
Wrigley Field Is A Pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
It appears that MS has officially said it will support Surface for 4yrs, thats mighty impressive seeing how so many fairly recent tablets are no longer getting anymore, or at least unknown, updates.
Source

mabran, hows the wifi performance on the surface? i may bight the bullet tomorrow, finally getting the chance to head over to the new MS store to see how it feels in my hand. Ive played around with the Asus model at BB and was impressed, tho it didnt feel all the robust materially.
It has worked well on both 2.4 and 5 ghz bands. I get consistent signal where other devices drop out or get such poor reception it isn't worth it. My A500 has horrible wireless as does my galaxy s2.

I'll address a couple other things brought up earlier. WinRT comes with Office and it is a "Full" of Home and Student so it lacks Outlook but Word, Excel, Powerpoint and One Note are present.

I know Android has office applications but in my work, open source free office does not cut it, and don't even get me started on the plethora of crap RDP client packages on Android. Why should I settle for lackluster "because it can" when I can have a device that was built from the ground up with that in mind with no tweaking, just take it out of the box and run with it as it already has the standards installed and designed around the platform.

I got the android tablet because I have a disdain for Apple as MS did not have a viable tablet OS. Things have changed and the quality shows.

Phenom II 1090T , 8GB X4 Crucial 1666, Samsung SATA Dual Layer Burner, 5x 1TB Samsung HE103UJ SATA HD's, Windows Server 2008 R2
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:59 AM   #78
mabran
Wrigley Field Is A Pit

Quote:
Can I change my vote to yes Just picked up the 32gb surface with touchpad at the MS store. (Sidenote; really impressed with MS's store, very crowded but enough people to help you out. Made for a pleasant experience.) After playing around with it for an hr on location i was really impressed with it. Even tho its the RT it really feels like an legit extension for my desktop. Just setting everything up now and cant wait to really see how this will fit into my life style. I will admit that i will miss the silly apps that android has, but im sure the MS store will fill up with some fun stuff down the rd. Again its not what i really want it for, but it would be fun to fart around once in a while.

Just some quick pics
Congrats, let me know how you like it. I was never in a MS store until I got the Surface but appreciated that the air was not filled with pretensiousness as my experience with Apple stores.

MS store was nice indeed with normal people not holier than thou types.

Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:55 PM   #79
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Congrats, let me know how you like it. I was never in a MS store until I got the Surface but appreciated that the air was not filled with pretensiousness as my experience with Apple stores.

He was able to play with it for that long most likely because he was the only one in the store.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/11/...pad/?iid=HP_LN

I am pulling for MS though. If they can get their apps together and hardware bugs worked out, they will have a respectable 3rd place share of the market. Now is the time due to Apple's supply issues of late. Unfortunately, MS may have priced themselves out of the market with this. Why buy this when I have and iPad with all the mature apps?

It could give Android a run for its money, but those things are damn near free, and you can't beat free. Android is so fragmented and has become a ridiculous widget farm. It's not like people actually use their Android devices anyway given the 75% market share, yet only 20% of online browsing.

Last edited by Razeus : Nov 26, 2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:38 PM   #80
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Nah, the store was super busy actually but they had more than enough units on display. Granted some were behind me waiting, but i wasnt done nor rushed through it. If im going to be spending this type of money i wanted to test it really well. BUT its only been open for about a week so its still really new for everyone, it should remain busy for the next few months but i can see it falling off... UNLESS MS can increase its "coolness" factor which will help keep bringing people in. What really annoyed me was when i was walking out some broads came walking in and muffled, so whats all the fuse about, Apple store is better.... I really hope one day this type of attitude, for any platform, will diminish.

I must agree that there's a part of me that keeps hoping for more fun apps like Android and iOS, but for the long haul i dont think i will really care. Im more tickled with mapping drives and using it like the OS that im used to so i can access my files easily and quickly from anywhere in the house. Its nice not having to scope through tons of apps hoping that one will suite my needs when it comes to this specific use. This is what im used to and want, thankfully it works very well so far.

Quote:
It has worked well on both 2.4 and 5 ghz bands. I get consistent signal where other devices drop out or get such poor reception it isn't worth it. My A500 has horrible wireless as does my galaxy s2.

I'll address a couple other things brought up earlier. WinRT comes with Office and it is a "Full" of Home and Student so it lacks Outlook but Word, Excel, Powerpoint and One Note are present.

I know Android has office applications but in my work, open source free office does not cut it, and don't even get me started on the plethora of crap RDP client packages on Android. Why should I settle for lackluster "because it can" when I can have a device that was built from the ground up with that in mind with no tweaking, just take it out of the box and run with it as it already has the standards installed and designed around the platform.

I got the android tablet because I have a disdain for Apple as MS did not have a viable tablet OS. Things have changed and the quality shows.
Wifi works REALLY well, i was getting 2-3 bars with my playbook in the farthest point in the house but with the surface im getting full bars maybe one less let alone seeing more wifi networks in my list.
Office is pretty sweet on this, its very refreshing to have proper word/excel on a quick tablet. Agreed, other office apps on other platforms arent up to snuff when it comes to moderate to heavy use. Like i said, with this and its OS a lot of apps are not needed anymore seeing that it does it by default.

Quote:

So far so good, when i come home im on it asap. Im finding that im using my PC less and less or for specific reasons (photo work, game...etc).
Yeah the people at the store seemed pretty simple really, but again people may not be looking for this and want that whole Apple cultre RAH RAH RAH attitude... i think there's a definite divide between the two cultures and i dont think it can be gapped.

Last edited by **G.I.BRO** : Nov 26, 2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:26 PM   #81
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
He was able to play with it for that long most likely because he was the only one in the store.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/11/...pad/?iid=HP_LN

I am pulling for MS though. If they can get their apps together and hardware bugs worked out, they will have a respectable 3rd place share of the market. Now is the time due to Apple's supply issues of late. Unfortunately, MS may have priced themselves out of the market with this. Why buy this when I have and iPad with all the mature apps?
Because it is a far superior product and can actually be used for productivity. The app store is only part of the equation and will be fleshed out over time.

Quote:
It could give Android a run for its money, but those things are damn near free, and you can't beat free. Android is so fragmented and has become a ridiculous widget farm. It's not like people actually use their Android devices anyway given the 75% market share, yet only 20% of online browsing.
If android wasn't doing so well, why did Apple release a competing product in the mini and a larger screen on the 5?

And widgets are amazing. Seeing information at a glance instead of using an aging app launcher makes a huge difference. When you join the rest of the world in a year or two, however long it takes Apple to catch up, remember your comments.

Anyways, going way off topic into reality distortion field land.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:10 PM   #82
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Because it is a far superior product and can actually be used for productivity. The app store is only part of the equation and will be fleshed out over time.

If android wasn't doing so well, why did Apple release a competing product in the mini and a larger screen on the 5?

And widgets are amazing. Seeing information at a glance instead of using an aging app launcher makes a huge difference. When you join the rest of the world in a year or two, however long it takes Apple to catch up, remember your comments.

Anyways, going way off topic into reality distortion field land.
Anything that can be done on the Surface can be done on an iPad. Anything.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:20 PM   #83
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
on the surface,, i mgiht agree.
but on win 8 tab, i dont' think any android or ios can match..

I5, i7 cpu .. say hi..

Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:24 PM   #84
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Nope. One can actually be used for REAL productivity. For example, office.

The iPad is a good consumption device and passable productivity device. Surface is good for both.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:45 PM   #85
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Nope. One can actually be used for REAL productivity. For example, office.

The iPad is a good consumption device and passable productivity device. Surface is good for both.
You can't tell an Apple fanboy about productivity. As long as it has the cool factor who gives a flying fark about productivity.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:56 PM   #86
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Windows 8 Pro on Surface would take a big advantage of having a full OS and you could have any programs such like third-party programs and etc unlike the Windows 8 RT have some limited access. But...I don't understand why there are two versions for that? They should just make full OS Windows 8 on Surface and priced it at $300-$400. Call it a day...?

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:23 AM   #87
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
Windows 8 Pro on Surface would take a big advantage of having a full OS and you could have any programs such like third-party programs and etc unlike the Windows 8 RT have some limited access. But...I don't understand why there are two versions for that? They should just make full OS Windows 8 on Surface and priced it at $300-$400. Call it a day...?
looks more like $850 to $1050 for windows surface pro
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/11...t-to-cost-870/

and from what I can find the asus transformer book w/ a i7 will be close to $1300+ to 1500

Last edited by bill dennison : Nov 27, 2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:37 AM   #88
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

wtf man...that's already expensive for that just a little toy! Meh, I'll stick with my lappy and it's wayyy simple to use.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:59 AM   #89
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
wtf man...that's already expensive for that just a little toy! Meh, I'll stick with my lappy and it's wayyy simple to use.
well they are more of a win8 laptop that can be a tablet too with a i5 or i7
I think i'll go for the asus book unless the surface pro runs a lot cooler than it and can take more heat (like in my work truck)

http://www.asus.com/vivo/en/transformerBook.htm
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:10 PM   #90
slaWter
Radeon R700

slaWter is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Looks great! Enjoy!

Would be my non iOS tablet of choice as well
MacBook Pro Retina 15" Mid 2012 # Intel Core i7 2.7GHz # 16GB DDR3 1600MHz # nVidia 650M 1024MB # Samsung 830 768GB SATA 3.0 & 512GB USB 3.0 # 27" LED Cinema Display
Fileserver Intel Core i3 530 1.2GHz # 4GB DDR3 1333MHz # Intel X25-V G2 40GB, WDC Scorpio 250GB # 16TB RAID 6 + 24TB RAID 6 # Adaptec RAID 5405 w/ Chenbro CK12804 SAS Expander # Norco RPC 4220
slaWter is offline   Reply With Quote