Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

View Poll Results: Will you be getting a Windows Surface (Tablet)?
Yes 7 9.09%
No 38 49.35%
Maybe 32 41.56%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:24 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
slaWter
Radeon R700

slaWter is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
when it comes to office, im guessing they want to keep familiarity with everything that exists out there already. Office 2011 (or was it 2010?) already scared alot of people with the interface/ribbon reshuffling. I remember hating its guts when i first used it compared to office 2003 i had at home, just because of the reshuffled formatting options.

Win8 UI is already a massive usability shift thats scaring some existing users away.
On the other hand, now it would have been the perfect time to make a drastic interface shift for Office. Because they also made one for Windows and you can explain it because it was necessary to bring Office to Tablets.

This is just lazy or even a sign of insecurity.
MacBook Pro Retina 15" Mid 2012 # Intel Core i7 2.7GHz # 16GB DDR3 1600MHz # nVidia 650M 1024MB # Samsung 830 768GB SATA 3.0 & 512GB USB 3.0 # 27" LED Cinema Display
Fileserver Intel Core i3 530 1.2GHz # 4GB DDR3 1333MHz # Intel X25-V G2 40GB, WDC Scorpio 250GB # 16TB RAID 6 + 24TB RAID 6 # Adaptec RAID 5405 w/ Chenbro CK12804 SAS Expander # Norco RPC 4220
slaWter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:52 PM   #32
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Hmm... some of the asus models that are priced at 599 come with the keyboard dock, that seems more on par.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:13 PM   #33
hordaktheman
Hans... boobie...

hordaktheman is still being judged by the masses

I might, depending on how it feels. It certainly seems like a decent tablet overall.

The 16:9 form factor is my biggest concern and mainly with how it relates to the keyboard cover and touchpad. One review mentions the touchpad being too small which makes-or-breaks any interest I might have in it.
hordaktheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:19 PM   #34
mabran
Wrigley Field Is A Pit

mabran is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
Hmm... some of the asus models that are priced at 599 come with the keyboard dock, that seems more on par.
When I got my acer A500, I tried the transformer but returned 3 units because of nasty light bleeding the acer does not have. Asus used better screen tech but the light bleed killed it for me. Hopefully it is better now but I really like the 10.6 of the surface though so that is what I'm going with.

system spec: HYPER-V
Phenom II 1090T , 8GB X4 Crucial 1666, Samsung SATA Dual Layer Burner, 5x 1TB Samsung HE103UJ SATA HD's, Windows Server 2008 R2
mabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:07 PM   #35
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hordaktheman View Post
I might, depending on how it feels. It certainly seems like a decent tablet overall.

The 16:9 form factor is my biggest concern and mainly with how it relates to the keyboard cover and touchpad. One review mentions the touchpad being too small which makes-or-breaks any interest I might have in it.
I'm curious why they bothered to put a touch pad on the keyboard at all.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:55 AM   #36
painkiller
Radeon Northern Islands

painkiller is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
I'm curious why they bothered to put a touch pad on the keyboard at all.
I would think it is there for old desktop apps that haven't yet been optimized for "tablet" interface.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:19 AM   #37
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I hate my IPAD, its slow, it disconnects randomly even next to a cell tower, I get kicked back to the main screen for no reason etc etc. Not the RT tablet though.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:26 AM   #38
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
It's cool

After chatting more with my dad, I just got him an ultra-book.

The RT tablets are shockingly fast (and functional) in the time I have spent with them. Not bad options at all.

Personally, I went with a convertible tablet (XPS 12). Current ETA for delivery is early November, so fingers crossed

And Windows 8 on a touchscreen is ridiculously fluid, considering it is a proper OS and has full multi-tasking.
I think you will like your XPS12. I love having a convertible. Granted, mine wasn't built for Windows 8 and is now 2 yrs old this Christmas, but I recently installed Windows 8 on it and I have renewed my love for it. I mean, I have an i5 with 8GB ram tablet!
MSI Z87M Gaming|Intel i7 4770k |16GB DDR3 PC3 12800|XFX RX470 4GB | 6TB HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
jimmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:53 PM   #39
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by painkiller View Post
I would think it is there for old desktop apps that haven't yet been optimized for "tablet" interface.
Except, as I understand it, you can only install apps from the Microsoft Store, which requires that apps be developed against the not-Metro-but-still-Metro user interface experience.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:48 PM   #40
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Except, as I understand it, you can only install apps from the Microsoft Store, which requires that apps be developed against the not-Metro-but-still-Metro user interface experience.
maybe cuz the covers also work with the surface pro's with the x86 version of windows.
Which in turn would end up being a tablet/mini-laptop, and would actually have use for the touchpad being the full fledged windows.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:21 AM   #41
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

True multitasking is multiple apps in the foreground which no OS can do stock. There were many times where I wanted to transpose information on a website to a spreadsheet file and it is too cumbersome, when I have to keep switching apps.

Besides floating apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:26 PM   #42
mabran
Wrigley Field Is A Pit

typing this on my surface right now. so far I am impressed. They already pushed the final version of the office software and I am not seeing the resource usage the preview had.

After a day of using the touch cover it is almost the same but still different than a normal keyboard so will have no issues creating documents more effectively than using the touchscreen.

browsing has been flawless with the exception of a couple sites that won't run flash and flash support overall is much better than my android devices. no browser slowness or crashing randomly as with my A500 or Galaxy S2 do more frequently than not.

The interface is fast, fluid and snappy which once again my A500 and S2 get laggy more often than not.

Tried a few apps (Angry Birds Space, Hulu Plus, Netflix and PinballFX2) and so far no issues.

will be hammering on this thing all weekend so more later. I will say the build quality puts the A500 to shame and unlike Asus and the others that love plastic obviously to reduce costs, I do not feel any cheapness in the build of the surface.

Phenom II 1090T , 8GB X4 Crucial 1666, Samsung SATA Dual Layer Burner, 5x 1TB Samsung HE103UJ SATA HD's, Windows Server 2008 R2
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:32 PM   #43
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

thanks for the quick heads up... seems promising. Cant wait to see reviews comparing the surface to other companies versions.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:53 PM   #44
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabran View Post
typing this on my surface right now. so far I am impressed. They already pushed the final version of the office software and I am not seeing the resource usage the preview had.

After a day of using the touch cover it is almost the same but still different than a normal keyboard so will have no issues creating documents more effectively than using the touchscreen.

browsing has been flawless with the exception of a couple sites that won't run flash and flash support overall is much better than my android devices. no browser slowness or crashing randomly as with my A500 or Galaxy S2 do more frequently than not.

The interface is fast, fluid and snappy which once again my A500 and S2 get laggy more often than not.

Tried a few apps (Angry Birds Space, Hulu Plus, Netflix and PinballFX2) and so far no issues.

will be hammering on this thing all weekend so more later. I will say the build quality puts the A500 to shame and unlike Asus and the others that love plastic obviously to reduce costs, I do not feel any cheapness in the build of the surface.
Creating documents would definitely be better with a keyboard/mouse, even touch ones, than typing on the screen, taking up valuable real estate Glad it works well for you.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:26 PM   #45
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabran View Post

nice
i'm just waiting to compare the two in hand, this and Surface with Windows 8 Pro and see the cost of the 8 Pro one
or maybe the asus transformer book

one thing I hate about my ipad2 is screen typing and the keyboard on my asus transformer tf101 is just a little small
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:07 PM   #46
mabran
Wrigley Field Is A Pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
nice
i'm just waiting to compare the two in hand, this and Surface with Windows 8 Pro and see the cost of the 8 Pro one
or maybe the asus transformer book

one thing I hate about my ipad2 is screen typing and the keyboard on my asus transformer tf101 is just a little small
One thing that pushed me to the Surface vs the Asus was the need for the big dock for typing on a real keyboard as I like that the Surface cover does double duty and so far it is doing it very well while keeping the form factor small. Sure the Asus gives one more battery capacity but I am still on my first charge and battery life so far has been excellent and what I expected.

I can see me using this for remote desktop sessions to clients on the road in a pinch vs yanking out the laptop.

Overall though I got it for a sitting on the couch web browser, quick access utility device , surprisingly (at least to me)it is much more functional then I expected it to be after using it. I get so frustrated at my A500 (and I really like it) when pages hang or don't load right or page A loads on the built in browser but I need a third party browser to access another page that won't load on the default then if I needed flash only the built in would work right if at all. I like that it just works.

granted, I hate flash and think it is evil but until it goes the way of the dodo which is not anytime soon better support for it is better than poor support which has been my experience with my A500 and S2.

I joined it to my home group and my music and movies work flawlessly as they should ( I know not really a surprise there) but I am just tinkering and testing everything out and trying to find what won't work and so far all is going well.

More later

Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:56 PM   #47
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

So youre able to stream files from a windows network (explorer like way?)? I thought the RT wasnt going to be able to do this and the pro model was the one to get?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:23 PM   #48
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

I voted no, because their prices are too expensive. I'd wait until they reduce their prices at least 150 bucks off or more than 150 bucks off.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:53 PM   #49
mabran
Wrigley Field Is A Pit

Quote:
So youre able to stream files from a windows network (explorer like way?)? I thought the RT wasnt going to be able to do this and the pro model was the one to get?
you can't create a home group but can join one. I also tested mapping my movies and music drive and setting them up as the file location in the movies and music app and it worked. Homegroup works the same from the desktop, I just select my media PC and the movies stream fine and dandy or if I just opt to map the drive it works either way. No restrictions that I have seen (but of course one is limited to windows supported codecs which is not a problem for me as I encode in windows friendly formats to eliminate any issues)

Last edited by mabran : Oct 27, 2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:05 AM   #50
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

oh wow... thats awesome to hear. This is a HUGE plus for me. Thanks for confirming!
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:15 AM   #51
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I am going for x86. As of right now my eyes were set on the Acer Iconia 700
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:26 AM   #52
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I may go down and look at one tomorrow but I want the Surface Pro I think
I wish they had a gps built in to get garmin and magellan to port their apps for it
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:56 AM   #53
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

So what type of GPS does it have, assisted like many tablets or full gps? Specs dont say and no one has really talked about it.

Last edited by **G.I.BRO** : Oct 28, 2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:47 AM   #54
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
So what type of GPS does it have, assisted like many tablets or full gps? Specs dont say and no one has really talked about it.
Most don't have a GPS built-in AFAIK.

But you can buy a decent USB version for 20 or 30 bucks I think.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:04 AM   #55
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Played with a few at the Microsoft store in Kansas City and I gotta say, I was more impressed than I thought I would be. The Touch Cover with the more mechanical keys (over the Type Cover) seemed pretty easy-to-use and more finger friendly. I was really on the fence about this whole Microsoft tablet thing but after spending a bit of time with one at the store, I'm more convinced now that it's worthwhile. I'm seriously tempted. I don't have the money but really tempted to get one...

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:42 AM   #56
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Will get it if it is 100 bucks or less.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:44 PM   #57
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Played with a few at the Microsoft store in Kansas City and I gotta say, I was more impressed than I thought I would be. The Touch Cover with the more mechanical keys (over the Type Cover) seemed pretty easy-to-use and more finger friendly. I was really on the fence about this whole Microsoft tablet thing but after spending a bit of time with one at the store, I'm more convinced now that it's worthwhile. I'm seriously tempted. I don't have the money but really tempted to get one...
yea I was in scottsdale today and looked at the MS store
I almost got one (here smoke my credit card please)
but I think I want the pro or maybe the transformer book that has about a 3" bigger screen
but I did like both keyboards

they said the same desktop apps will more likely run on the pro
he said about 3 month for the pro no word on price
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:53 PM   #58
nrs421
Radeon Arctic Islands

nrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Yep. I've gone from maybe to yes when the pro comes out.
nrs421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:48 AM   #59
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I just tried a Windows RT device made by Asus, Tegra 3, gorgeous screen... It wasn't bad but I wasn't jitter free like I expected it to be. Might be caused by the touch controller or something but swiping wasn't completely smooth on it, it really wasn't any smoother than my Xyboard with a dual core and ICS. I didn't know RT had desktop mode so that was really interesting to see. It didn't have a network connection so I wasn't able to do a ton but I did see the Office preview on it, it seemed useful. To be honest I was more impressed by Windows 8 on a multitouch all-in-one HP that I tried, much more surprised to like it as much as I did.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:29 PM   #60
noko
Radeon Arctic Islands

noko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete stranger

Surface looks cool but I rather have a touchscreen laptop with Win8 which to me seems to be the perfect match up for the OS. Surface does look more intriguing then the iPad except for the Retina screen which is utterly beautiful on the iPad.
noko is offline   Reply With Quote