Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:35 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
Am i the only one who's not impressed
yes

They pretty much made every aspect of the iphone 4s better

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:35 PM   #32
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Depends what you're looking for. I'm not impressed with the specs on the screen and lack of features found on other platforms, but I'm psyched about the camera and battery life (high ranking priorities for me).

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:35 PM   #33
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Idiot-proof panorama mode?
I thought it was idiot proof already.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:35 PM   #34
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellix_bg View Post
Cortex A15 -- finally an out-of-order architecture in smartphone.
Isnt the snapdragon s4 "krait" A15 based?
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:36 PM   #35
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Depends what you're looking for. I'm not impressed with the specs on the screen and lack of features found on other platforms, but I'm psyched about the camera and battery life (high ranking priorities for me).
My 4s battery life was nothing special but the camera does have me intrigued. Would like to see review takes on the camera. Also, they need to go into detail if the actually cared about sq this time and placed a decent audio dac in there.

Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:38 PM   #36
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

New connector. It's that small one we've seen leaked. Called Lightning. It's reversible.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:39 PM   #37
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

this is what the Iphone 4s SHOULD of been

Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:41 PM   #38
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
I thought it was idiot proof already.
Don't think panorama mode exists in iOS officially. Even unlocked I don't think it stitches and removes artifacts the same as in iOS 6/iPhone 5.

Quote:
My 4s battery life was nothing special
Maybe you use more than me in a day, but my old iPhone 4 could go several days without charge and medium usage. That's what I've been looking for since and have yet to find it.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:42 PM   #39
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
this is what the Iphone 4s SHOULD of been
but that would have resulted in a lack of a year's worth of isheep sales......
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:43 PM   #40
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Spyhawk is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Cant say Im at all impressed. It looks like a scailed up Iphone 4s. Was hoping for something truly unique and different but this version of the iphone is just evolutionary. If I was looking for a phone atm I would strongly be leaning towards the GS3 which in my books, just going by the esthetics alone looks a hell of alot better.

Last edited by Spyhawk : Sep 12, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
Spyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:45 PM   #41
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

so far I like the form factor and size. Do think it should of been 4.2 at least though. The new connector is a total scam to make money. Show the new connector which looks flimsy followed by adapter right after lol. If it wasn't a glorified app drawer again and 4.2 I would consider daily driver. Might pick one up to mess around with and a few ofc to sell to the isheep lol.

Sidenote: where's raz to say gods gift to man came again lol.

Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:47 PM   #42
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

I'm surprised they introduced the new connector without mentioning anything about what it offers. They pointed out that it was smaller and reversible which I suppose is pretty awesome. But Apple typically talks about the experience and what it "does" not what it is. This time they just said "hey it's smaller which is good for phones and reversible" without talking about anything new it brings to the experience.

At least if they did, I missed it.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:47 PM   #43
fellix_bg
Don't lettuce on me!

fellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

CNN has a delayed live streaming of the event.

Life has more imagination than we carry in our dreams...
fellix_bg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:48 PM   #44
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I am not impressed either but i'm tired of my iphone 4 so i would be upgrading anyways.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:48 PM   #45
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyhawk View Post
Cant say Im at all impressed. Was hoping for something truly unique and different but this version of the iphone is just evolutionary. If I was looking for a phone atm I would strongly be leaning towards the GS3 which in my books, just going by the esthetics alone looks a hell of alot better.
but its just an evolution of the iphone 4s...which itself was an evolution of the iphone4.....
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:48 PM   #46
Zero
Sass hole

Something I really would like seeing in Maps (and is consistent with the Apple ethos imo) is freaking BICYCLE navigation. No dice with iOS 6/iPhone 5.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:49 PM   #47
Zoolok
The Fly

Zoolok is still being judged by the masses

Lumia 920 is a much better looking phone than this. I also find it a better phone overall. Oh well, I guess I know what my next phone will be
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:49 PM   #48
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Sidenote: where's raz to say gods gift to man came again lol.
We have slawter for that now

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:50 PM   #49
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolok View Post
Lumia 920 is a much better looking phone than this. I also find it a better phone overall. Oh well, I guess I know what my next phone will be
Except it's a windows phone phone

(disclaimer, owns WP7 beater phone as daily driver)

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:51 PM   #50
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

So iOS 6 is uh... new Maps and Siri got a bit smarter?

Quote:
"The most advanced operating system in any mobile device."
Honestly after seeing WP8 I'm thinking they win right now. At least the icons on WP8 are dynamic, even if arranged in a "grid" pattern.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:52 PM   #51
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I've been happy with my iphone 4, it's just been getting slow and dated. There's really nothing too crazy I want in a new phone, just for it to be faster, better on the battery life, and the large screen is a plus.

The improved front and rear cameras are nice and I do like the design. I am satisfied.

NFC would have been a nice feature but it's still a ways out.

4G LTE is a huge bonus. After using my ipad3 side by side with the iphone the 4G just blows it the living **** out of the water. It's like 56k vs a 10meg broadband.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:52 PM   #52
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
So iOS 6 is uh... new Maps and Siri got a bit smarter?
they have already gone through ios 6 in a past event thats why they didnt talk about it that much

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:53 PM   #53
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

"iOS 6 is the most advanced OS for any phone. And it powers the iPhone 5."

I would be so ashamed to say that crap lord. Features that were built into android phones last year are new to ios.

Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:54 PM   #54
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:

WP8 has everything WP7 has been missing.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:55 PM   #55
Zoolok
The Fly

Quote:

Well, I love Windows Phone, I think it's the only truly innovative thing to hit the market in recent years. This, to me, is yet another iPhone, nothing special. For instance, I'd never give voice commands to my phone, so Siri is pretty much of no interest to me. Everything else is more or less already present in other operating systems?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:55 PM   #56
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
WP8 has everything WP7 has been missing.
like apps?

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:56 PM   #57
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Wtf did they just justify the new connector by saying they needed space to fit the lte chip. Anyone else thinking the new connector looks flimsy?

Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:58 PM   #58
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
like apps?
it should get the app support that wp7 was missing also like native code support. i think alot of app development was held back because WP7 was limited in the code compatibility department.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:59 PM   #59
Zoolok
The Fly

Lol, well, I use my phone for talking, messaging, sometimes surfing (rarely, once you have a tablet, you forget about your cellphone's browser), sometimes taking pictures and GPS (rarely). The screen on a mobile phone is far too small for any serious usage, and the battery can't take it, anyway. Tablets are the way to go, as for cellphones, I want a good screen, a good camera and a good battery. Lumia 920 has all that, and it looks a lot better than iPhone 5. The OS is also much more modern and better looking IMHO.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:59 PM   #60
slaWter
Radeon R700

slaWter is still being judged by the masses

I love the new design and case dimensions! Finally an iTouch-sized iPhone
MacBook Pro Retina 15" Mid 2012 # Intel Core i7 2.7GHz # 16GB DDR3 1600MHz # nVidia 650M 1024MB # Samsung 830 768GB SATA 3.0 & 512GB USB 3.0 # 27" LED Cinema Display
Fileserver Intel Core i3 530 1.2GHz # 4GB DDR3 1333MHz # Intel X25-V G2 40GB, WDC Scorpio 250GB # 16TB RAID 6 + 24TB RAID 6 # Adaptec RAID 5405 w/ Chenbro CK12804 SAS Expander # Norco RPC 4220
slaWter is offline   Reply With Quote