Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Mar 6, 2012, 09:41 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

shoman24v is still being judged by the masses

If it really does have no home button you'll never be able to distinguish which is the top and the bottom.

Here's to hoping it's still 4:3
shoman24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2012, 09:45 AM   #62
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman24v View Post
If it really does have no home button you'll never be able to distinguish which is the top and the bottom.
Autorotate FTW?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:30 AM   #63
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Just read its going to be called IPAD HD and from the leaked casing pictures the home button remains.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 6, 2012, 01:09 PM   #64
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

shoman24v is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Autorotate FTW?
lol, it will still be upside down.
shoman24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 03:22 AM   #65
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

8 more hours

Anyone have a good link to a site that follows the event?

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 06:26 AM   #66
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Now rumors say the A5X is only a dual-core chip with a better GPU.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 06:28 AM   #67
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman24v View Post
lol, it will still be upside down.
How so? It's not in any practical sense. Or you could go by which side has a dock connector.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 07:12 AM   #68
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Now rumors say the A5X is only a dual-core chip with a better GPU.
there are 2 chips A5X (faster dual core) and A6 (quad-core)
dont know which they are going to use in ipad 3 but we will find out soon enough.

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

- True Blood
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:25 AM   #69
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'm so ready. I should have listed my iPad on eBay a month ago though...shucks.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:34 AM   #70
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Interesting rumor this one...

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/07/i...ctile-display/

Tactile display? Something to see and touch? Hmmmm...
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:06 AM   #71
badboy
Merc with a mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Interesting rumor this one...

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/07/i...ctile-display/

Tactile display? Something to see and touch? Hmmmm...
I think they are reading to much into it
But it would be cool

- True Blood
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:39 PM   #72
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Wow. I must say, the new iPad is....lacking.

Not even pulling my credit card out for this one.

Did the bother to give it a new name?

Last edited by Razeus : Mar 7, 2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:42 PM   #73
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quadcore, much better display, no loss in battery life, 4G if you want it. What else were you expecting.

I think it's a pretty damn nice refresh.
Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:43 PM   #74
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Wow. I must say, the new iPad is....lacking.

Not even pulling my credit card out for this one.
I don't think they expect people to buy a new model every year.

It's an attractive package.

If someone was going to buy a tablet right now, is there anything that would be more intriguing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamar View Post

Quadcore, much better display, no loss in battery life, 4G if you want it. What else were you expecting.

Yep
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:44 PM   #75
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

I'm just saying there's nothing that would make me update my iPad 2. I don't game much on my iPad, Retina is nice, but still. 4G is of no concern to me.

Seriiously, I'd recommend someone the iPad 2 for $100 less before I recommend "The New iPad". Apple can't be bothered to call it iPad 3, then there's no need for me to pull out my info to buy.

2013 it is.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:45 PM   #76
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I'm just saying there's nothing that would make me update my iPad 2. I don't game much on my iPad, Retina is nice, but still. 4G is of no concern to me.
I wouldn't expect you to upgrade from your iPad 2.

I just don't get the disappointment.

"OMG, the iPad 3 is only an evolutionary leap from the iPad 2. I was expecting something revolutionary even though iPad 2 is only 11-12 months old"

Technology has not changed THAT fast.

Last edited by Clockwork : Mar 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:46 PM   #77
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

2013 it is.
I can respect that. My iPad1 is a bit long in the tooth now. I'd like to upgrade in the near future if I can swing it.
Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:49 PM   #78
BackToPC
Banned

BackToPC is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Apple can't be bothered to call it iPad 3, then there's no need for me to pull out my info to buy.
What? I love Apple products, but that's about the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard someone say.
BackToPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:50 PM   #79
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamar View Post

They didn't actually say it was quad core... They said "quad core graphics"... Quad core GPU, I'm betting CPU is still dual. Still, seems like a solid upgrade. The only thing that could compel me to part with my Xyboard is the screen but that's just not enough for me to go through the hassle of selling the Xyboard and then buy into an entirely different ecosystem.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:52 PM   #80
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
They didn't actually say it was quad core... They said "quad core graphics"... Quad core GPU, I'm betting CPU is still dual. Still, seems like a solid upgrade. The only thing that could compel me to part with my Xyboard is the screen but that's just not enough for me to go through the hassle of selling the Xyboard and then buy into an entirely different ecosystem.
You're converting slowly....
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:55 PM   #81
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I'm just saying there's nothing that would make me update my iPad 2.
I don't think Apple expects you to.
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:56 PM   #82
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I wouldn't expect you to upgrade from your iPad 2.

I just don't get the disappointment.

"OMG, the iPad 3 is only an evolutionary leap from the iPad 2. I was expecting something revolutionary even though iPad 2 is only 11-12 months old"

Technology has not changed THAT fast.
Don't forget that he said the same thing when the iPhone 4S was announced then later bought it. Same thing with the original iPad...
Old Mar 7, 2012, 01:03 PM   #83
badboy
Merc with a mouth

Im sooo getting this next paycheck!

TAKE MY MONEY!!!

- True Blood
Old Mar 7, 2012, 01:15 PM   #84
DigitalDemon
Swordless Mimetown

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Just sold my iPad 2 a couple minutes ago. $200 upgrade is not bad

Hopefully the site doesn't get destroyed from pre-orders.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 01:19 PM   #85
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

iPhoto app looks great.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 01:31 PM   #86
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Just called "the new iPad" That just seems... silly.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 01:42 PM   #87
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Just called "the new iPad" That just seems... silly.
Exactly. It's meh. Unless you don't have one, it's great. But if you have an iPad 2 just wait for the official iPad 3. This is a base hit. Not a home run. I guess it doesn't have to be since they barely have competition in this area.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 01:45 PM   #88
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Don't forget that he said the same thing when the iPhone 4S was announced then later bought it. Same thing with the original iPad...
Not this time.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 01:46 PM   #89
monkeydust
Radeon Arctic Islands

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

The New iPad? We all know how New Coke went over...
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Samsung EVO 1TB SSD
Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX case
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 01:50 PM   #90
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'll probably get one because I don't have a tablet period. If you have an iPad 2, I don't see how this is really a worthwhile upgrade.