Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 4, 2011, 01:56 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
Oh well, Apple just shot themselves in the foot. I welcome our Android overlords.
but it has the a5 chip! its 2x faster with its dual-core graphics!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 01:57 PM   #122
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Wtf apple. What kind of Mickey mouse **** is this??!!
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2011, 01:58 PM   #123
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

They've only announced the iPhone 4S, doesn't mean they're not about to announce the iPhone 5 with (hopefully) Sprint exclusivity!
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 4, 2011, 01:59 PM   #124
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangFu View Post
but it has the a5 chip! its 2x faster with its dual-core graphics!
OMG 2x faster with it's dual core graphics! There was nothing wrong with the iPhone 4's performance.

But compared to Galaxy S2's amazing screen and incredible thin-ness, the iPhone design is incredibly bad now.

I welcome my Nexus Prime in a month, and Android 4.0
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:03 PM   #125
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
They've only announced the iPhone 4S, doesn't mean they're not about to announce the iPhone 5 with (hopefully) Sprint exclusivity!
Just give it up already and quit making us wait on these over paid suits!!!
Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:04 PM   #126
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

JUST SHOW ME WHAT THE DAMN THING LOOKS LIKE!!!!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:06 PM   #127
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

iPhone is more popular than any one DSLR on flickr.

NO ****ING ****. It uploads directly to flickr.

stupid comparison is ****ing stupid.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:06 PM   #128
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

So Apple, in the last 16 months has

a) Made a white iPod touch
b) Fixed the antenna a bit, added a new chip / camera
c) pushed out a new version of iOS 5
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:06 PM   #129
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

so they are now able to fit a5 chip in iphone . which is really great.

but same design for 3 years, that is kinda boring
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:07 PM   #130
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
So Apple, in the last 16 months has

a) Made a white iPod touch
b) Fixed the antenna a bit, added a new chip / camera
c) pushed out a new version of iOS 5
It'll be bad if that is how this end, but there is still time left. Not to mention Shrike's evil hints!!!
Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:07 PM   #131
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

I think Johnny Ive is on vacation
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:09 PM   #132
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

the damn feed craps out at the important parts. jesus.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:10 PM   #133
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

Damn Apple for knowing what people really want! All I wanted was a ridiculous camera on my phone and yeah pretty much they got me with this one.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:10 PM   #134
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

That camera is nice. I've been looking to ditch my S95 anyway to simpify my photo taking life.

Last edited by Razeus : Oct 4, 2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:12 PM   #135
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
the damn feed craps out at the important parts. jesus.
http://live.thisismynext.com/Event/A...vent_live_blog
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:12 PM   #136
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

guess what i think this should be it..

the iphone 4gs.., so not even a ipod touch 4gs?

Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:13 PM   #137
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thanks. Ars Technica is ****.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:13 PM   #138
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

Before I replace my 2nd gen iPod Touch, I want to see if the new one has a camera that hits the one-megapixel mark. I'm not optimistic.

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:13 PM   #139
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
That camera is nice. I've been looking to ditch my S95 anyway to simply my photo taking life.
I've said it before. I can't understand the p&s anymore. Between an iPhone 4 and a DSLR there's no need for a P&S. Especially since a P&S is marginally as portable as a phone and doesn't do half the social media stuff on the fly.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:14 PM   #140
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Good to see Nikon is still king of DSLR's.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:16 PM   #141
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
I've said it before. I can't understand the p&s anymore. Between an iPhone 4 and a DSLR there's no need for a P&S. Especially since a P&S is marginally as portable as a phone and doesn't do half the social media stuff on the fly.

s95 is one of the best PS camera, and i dont' think any phone can much its image quality, not even close

Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:16 PM   #142
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

And here comes the voice stuff!
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:16 PM   #143
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Great for low light in bars and clubs...

This is my next went down too....
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:17 PM   #144
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
s95 is one of the best PS camera, and i dont' think any phone can much its image quality
IQ or not, for me, the p&s would be dead weight. If I am going out with the intention of taking photographs, I'll have my 5D. If I am not planning on taking photographs I'm not going to carry around a second device.
I use my phone camera for facebook, instagram, all that kinda crap. Not real photography.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:19 PM   #145
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
IQ or not, for me, the p&s would be dead weight. If I am going out with the intention of taking photographs, I'll have my 5D. If I am not planning on taking photographs I'm not going to carry around a second device.
I use my phone camera for facebook, instagram, all that kinda crap. Not real photography.
This is the move I'm moving towards. I rarely use my S95 only when I'm at a night spot in a party or group of friends because those places are dark and the S95 performs well in that lighting. Everything else, I use instagram or hipstamatic for facebook on my phone...

Last edited by Razeus : Oct 4, 2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:19 PM   #146
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

This Siri voice stuff they're announcing is brilliant.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:20 PM   #147
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
This Siri voice stuff they're announcing is brilliant.
I hope they don't require an iPhone 4S for this feature. That's the rumor I've been hearing.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:20 PM   #148
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

A yawn fest so far.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:21 PM   #149
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
I hope they don't require an iPhone 4S for this feature. That's the rumor I've been hearing.
Probably.

like "Voice control" 3GS only! buy now while supplies last!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 02:21 PM   #150
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

i am totally opposite. i always travel around china, and always have my compact xz-1 with me. so usually i will only take photo with my compact since the image quality is really great, much better than on my mobile device.

it just fits for difference in needs.

but yup camera is just so 90's.............. but it still give me much better iq so i prefer to use them as main photo taken device.