Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:33 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

shoman24v is still being judged by the masses

Looking more and more like the competition...
shoman24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:35 PM   #62
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Can Android create a document on my phone and have that same document in its latest form available on a tablet?

Didn't think so.

Does your Android device auto backup all your purchases and content to a Google cloud service? No? Thought so.
I don't do any document crap on my phone so I don't have and answer for that. Oh edit... maybe google docs?

But, all my purchases are readily available whenever I reload a new ROM to my phone or buy a new phone. They don't need to back the app up to some cloud.

You'd be surprised how much stuff your Gmail account holds.

Last edited by shoman24v : Jun 6, 2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:36 PM   #63
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Can Android create a document on my phone and have that same document in its latest form available on a tablet?

Didn't think so.

Does your Android device auto backup all your purchases and content to a Google cloud service? No? Thought so.
QuickOffice HD has DropBox support, so yes, I think so.

Yes, Android devices have auto backed up purchases and content for some time, when you log in to a new device or reload a device, they auto download. Pretty sure that happened in Android 2.1.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:37 PM   #64
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
QuickOffice HD has DropBox support, so yes, I think so.

Yes, Android devices have auto backed up purchases and content for some time, when you log in to a new device or reload a device, they auto download. Pretty sure that happened in Android 2.1.
So it's not native to the OS? I see.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:37 PM   #65
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman24v View Post
Looking more and more like the competition...
I love that Apple sued HTC and Motorola for copying them with Android yet here they are, blatantly ripping off Android(with a smattering of WebOS) and it's alright
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:37 PM   #66
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Pages isn't native to the OS either, it's an app you download, it was recently updated with iCloud support was it not? Without an OS update.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:38 PM   #67
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
The lack of facebook integration is pretty crappy.

And what's up with their keyboard? why is it always in uppercase
I was hoping for this too, but it looks like FB wanted way too much money.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:38 PM   #68
HAL10000
Radeon Arctic Islands

HAL10000 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Hey look, propogate your purchased/downloaded apps/books on a new device....

Just like Android.

How's it feel for the 'most advanced mobile OS'(as stated by Razeus) to finally get some parity with features Android has had forever now?
Actually, before if you bought an app or book (not sure about songs and movies) but if you retried buying the same item, it would tell you you've already made the purchase and will download the item again.

What this Cloud will seem to do is automatically copy the items to all (five?) iTunes account devices automatically, if I'm reading between the lines correctly.

The market can stay irrational longer than you can remain solvent.
HAL10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:39 PM   #69
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
It doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL10000 View Post
Actually, before if you bought an app or book (not sure about songs and movies) but if you retried buying the same item, it would tell you you've already made the purchase and will download the item again.

What this Cloud will seem to do is automatically copy the items to all (five?) iTunes account devices automatically, if I'm reading between the lines correctly.
I remember this with my old iPod touch, never had a way to find out what apps I had purchased.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:39 PM   #70
HAL10000
Radeon Arctic Islands

HAL10000 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I was hoping for this too, but it looks like FB wanted way too much money.
Facebook is a bubble. Dot Com 2.0. Facebook still doesn't have a viable revenue stream to justify their bloated stock price.

All this new streaming is going to be hell for people's 3G data plans, won't it? Unless you do everything at a Starbucks Wifi...

Talking about music streaming. *yawn* Won't complain but whatever floats yer boat...

The market can stay irrational longer than you can remain solvent.

Last edited by HAL10000 : Jun 6, 2011 at 01:44 PM.
HAL10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:40 PM   #71
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
It doesn't matter.
Oh, but it does. You see, before this, Dropbox is the way we worked around iOS. Now we don't have too since it'll be built in natively without the use of yet another app.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:40 PM   #72
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL10000 View Post

Android already does this, it doesn't even matter how many Android devices you have on one account.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:41 PM   #73
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Something tells me iCloud will be available soon, like today soon.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:43 PM   #74
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Enjoy, if you'd have gone Android you'd already be enjoying the bulk of these 'features'

Including this Photo Stream one, that's so easy to do, and you can do it natively with Android and Flickr.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:45 PM   #75
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
now they can get everyone to pay monthly for their devices
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:45 PM   #76
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Enjoy, if you'd have gone Android you'd already be enjoying the bulk of these 'features'

Including this Photo Stream one, that's so easy to do, and you can do it natively with Android and Flickr.
...and Flickr. Yet another app...

In that case, I enjoy the same feature as well too.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:45 PM   #77
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

Has anyone used dropsnap? Uploads your photos and videos straight to your dropbox account after you take the photo. Pretty slick. I have mine set to sync only on WiFi.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:46 PM   #78
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

iTunes now let you download old purchases without the extra charge...
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:46 PM   #79
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
...and Flickr. Yet another app...

In that case, I enjoy the same feature as well too.
Flickr integration is an OS integration, built into Android.

Quote:
iTunes now let you download old purchases without the extra charge...
Extra charge never made sense in the first place.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:47 PM   #80
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

Extra charge never made sense in the first place.
No it didn't.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:53 PM   #81
vitocorleone
Radeon Arctic Islands

vitocorleone is still being judged by the masses

Uh... so... so far I'm completely underwhelmed by anything announced for iOS5 and iCloud. Hmm.

I think it's a combo of my jadedness plus a disappointing (to me) roll-out of little features rather than an updated experience. On the plus side, as Jobs said, I have no doubt that "it'll just work".
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:54 PM   #82
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

iCloud will let you use non-purchased iTunes music via iTunes Match!!!!!!11 For $25 a year. Game. Set. Match.

Last edited by Razeus : Jun 6, 2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:55 PM   #83
vitocorleone
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
iCloud will let you use non-purchased iTunes music via iTunes Match!!!!!!11 Game. Set. Match.

Zero interest on my part, but I know that's just me.

Last edited by vitocorleone : Jun 6, 2011 at 01:57 PM.
vitocorleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:57 PM   #84
Elysian
SCAATSJW

How do they know you didn't just download that music? How will they stop piracy?
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:57 PM   #85
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

What was Elysian saying iTunes scan and match feature would never be allowed for non-iTunes purchases...???

Quote:
How do they know you didn't just download that music? How will they stop piracy?
Doesn't matter.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:58 PM   #86
vitocorleone
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
What was Elysian saying iTunes scan and match feature would never be allowed for non-iTunes purchases...???

Doesn't matter.
I wonder if Amazon and Google will simply match the price. It's not like they can't or don't have the infrastructure to do so. Just hits the margins, I'm sure.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:59 PM   #87
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:

Doesn't matter.
How does it not matter? They are condoning piracy here.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:59 PM   #88
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
How does it not matter? They are condoning piracy here.
Don't be sad Elysian. How are those uploads coming? Besides Apple paid the music industry something like $150 million for these rights last week. It's covered. I'm sure some of that $25 a year fee is going to them as well.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 02:00 PM   #89
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Don't be sad Elysian. How are those uploads coming?
What uploads? There are none, Amazon puts the music directly in the cloud when I buy it. I've uploaded about 18gb, but it took a few hours, not weeks. Same with Google Music, I've got that full up to 20gb, it took hours, and it was automatic.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 02:00 PM   #90
DigitalDemon
Swordless Mimetown

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Quote:
How much money do they get from pirates in the first place? $0

How much money do they get from pirates using iTunes Match? $25yr times the number of accounts that sign up, which is gonna be huge.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote