Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jun 15, 2010, 02:05 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Tizen
Custom User Title

Tizen is still being judged by the masses

**** that :|

Analog and D-pad are the same as the PSP only reversed. Hand cramps inbound when using the d-pad.

And one analog pad? Makes me want to cry. On the other hand it does have a gyro and accelerometer Those could probably be used to simulate something.

On a similar note:
Once homebrew hits the 3DS, one of the first things to show up will be a boobie shaking brew
Old Jun 15, 2010, 04:26 PM   #32
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

They didnt demo any games or gameplay footage... even at their booth the demo people wouldnt let engadget get any footage of their demo at work... weak. It also seems their prototype was pretty stripped down... the cameras didnt even work.

I was expecting a different shape for the 3ds... but I guess this isnt bad.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 04:32 PM   #33
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

It'll be interesting to see in person...not sure how well it'll show on camera.

Kinda weird how the top screen is bigger than the other. I'm curious to find out what kind of specs the hardware has.
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 15, 2010, 04:38 PM   #34
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTMouse View Post

Kinda weird how the top screen is bigger than the other. I'm curious to find out what kind of specs the hardware has.
The 3d effect will be fine on camera, there were demo videos earlier in the year showing how it works. I just wanted to see something official from nintendo themselves.

Hopefully it has some better hardware for so more graphic intensive game... IMO that was the only thing the DS lacked, enough power to push AAA games(not made by nintendo).

Old Jun 15, 2010, 04:39 PM   #35
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:

Well, the top screen is the main gameplay screen and it is the 3d one. I am glad it is bigger since that is where my eyes will usually rest during play. I never much liked the aspect ratio of the DS, so I am happy to see the change.
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 05:06 PM   #36
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
Well, the top screen is the main gameplay screen and it is the 3d one. I am glad it is bigger since that is where my eyes will usually rest during play. I never much liked the aspect ratio of the DS, so I am happy to see the change.
I figured they'd have made the bottom one match the top.

Kinda sad it isn't a bigger and higher res but battery life and $$$ had to be considerations.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 05:40 PM   #37
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

You are behind, gays:

Sounds hot, but I hope the games are awesome too.
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 05:51 PM   #38
Tizen
Custom User Title

****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Ocaria of Time, Starfox64, Pilotwings and Mario Kart are getting their own 3DS versions.

Nintendo should be sued, they are guaranteed to steal my money now

Edit:

I can't wait to see any more games they haven't announced yet. If only they would make a 3DS Super Smash Bros. If only

Last edited by Tizen : Jun 15, 2010 at 05:53 PM.
Tizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 05:53 PM   #39
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Don't forget a new MGS in 3D!!!
Old Jun 15, 2010, 05:57 PM   #40
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisti View Post

Ocaria of Time, Starfox64, Pilotwings and Mario Kart are getting their own 3DS versions.

Edit:

I can't wait to see any more games they haven't announced yet. If only they would make a 3DS Super Smash Bros. If only
Those are going to be huge games... but I want to see what kind of games come from 3rd party. Man, I loved pilotwings and mariokart. Id have to say Id put in well over a few months actual game time in mariokart alone. Nothing beats battle mode with a few friends.

Now lets see what the cost is... hopefully they drop the price of the NDS and put the 3DS at its price point.

Old Jun 15, 2010, 06:01 PM   #41
Tizen
Custom User Title

Third party will be interesting since they now have a ton of new peripherals to play with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
Don't forget a new MGS in 3D!!!
Stop it Though, I've never played MGS //puts on protective suit
Never had a playstation tbh.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 07:29 PM   #42
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Edit:

pilot wings/kid icarus/ocarina of time, tears of joy
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 07:54 PM   #43
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

Subscriber

Quote:

Edit:

Well, looks like they're getting my money too
Old Jun 15, 2010, 08:06 PM   #44
Serotonin
Lacking details

Serotonin is still being judged by the masses

Final Fantasy 7 remake in 3D. If only...
Serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 08:50 PM   #45
Debello
Not built for speed

Debello is still being judged by the masses

How hard is it to add dual analog controls to a handheld, I do not want to use the touch screen for the other analog stick.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 02:04 AM   #46
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

time to get me one of these.
my DSlite's touchpad isnt accurate at the bottom anymore and recalibrating doesnt do anything to fix it.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2010, 02:12 AM   #47
Farmer_BOB
Radeon Northern Islands

Farmer_BOB is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Those are going to be huge games... but I want to see what kind of games come from 3rd party. Man, I loved pilotwings and mariokart. Id have to say Id put in well over a few months actual game time in mariokart alone. Nothing beats battle mode with a few friends.

Now lets see what the cost is... hopefully they drop the price of the NDS and put the 3DS at its price point.
http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/

Take a look at the "more titles" section. There's some really awesome games coming out from third party. For those that are lazy, I took a screen shot...

Farmer_BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2010, 03:18 AM   #48
Tizen
Custom User Title

It's the DS all over again. Only a tenfold increase in launch awesomeness.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 07:27 AM   #49
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_BOB View Post
http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/

Take a look at the "more titles" section. There's some really awesome games coming out from third party. For those that are lazy, I took a screen shot...

Check out those in-game screenshots. Is it just me or is that Wii quality?

I'd definitely be picking of these up, even if it was US$300.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2010, 09:21 AM   #50
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

Subscriber

I'm expecting around GameCube level for the hardware
Old Jun 16, 2010, 09:24 AM   #51
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Wow, that out does the PSP and is approaching iPhone 3gs land as far as power goes. I'm glad they decided to go for so much capability.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:06 AM   #52
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

Subscriber

I have no idea what kind of hardware they have in there (cause they're not saying anything) but judging from some of the screenshots, videos, and timeframe we're in I'd say it may be possible.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:30 AM   #53
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

everything looks awesome but the article on kotaku worries me, they said the device has to be held in a certain angle to maintain the 3d, or else you get blurry images, hopefully it will be able to be calibrated and they have time to work it out
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:41 AM   #54
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangFu View Post
everything looks awesome but the article on kotaku worries me, they said the device has to be held in a certain angle to maintain the 3d, or else you get blurry images, hopefully it will be able to be calibrated and they have time to work it out
Most LCDs have a fairly narrow "sweet spot" and I'm curious to see how it affects the 3D effect.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 11:14 AM   #55
Tizen
Custom User Title

Last edited by Tizen : Jun 16, 2010 at 01:18 PM.
Tizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2010, 11:54 AM   #56
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Most LCDs have a fairly narrow "sweet spot" and I'm curious to see how it affects the 3D effect.
Well, being a handheld device should keep it from being much of an issue.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 01:18 PM   #57
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Quote:
Doubt it. Nintendo has been following the "graphics quality doesn't really matter" train the last few years and it has paid off very well. Expect them to slack in that dept now too.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 01:31 PM   #58
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Doubt it. Nintendo has been following the "graphics quality doesn't really matter" train the last few years and it has paid off very well. Expect them to slack in that dept now too.
I'm not so sure, it actually looks like it is pretty capable from what I've seen.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 01:46 PM   #59
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

Subscriber

Quote:
Well see for yourself:

A lot of what I've been hearing/seeing leads me to believe that it's quite possible.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 04:11 PM   #60
Serotonin
Lacking details

Serotonin is still being judged by the masses

Graphically it looks like something sitting in between ds and gamecube
Serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote