Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:36 PM   #961
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Supposedly these materials are used in I device displays as well as the other parts such as battery and housing.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:35 PM   #962
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
It's not that they're only available in China, it's just that it's cheaper and easier to extract them due to lax environmental laws.
Oh.... this makes sense. Heavy metals, etc probably in that case.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:43 PM   #963
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Saw my first 2 shattered screen iphone 5's. Was at a luncheon with some colleagues, 1 was a girl who dropped it getting out of her car. It had a case on. Entire front shattered.

The other was a buddy of mine, apparently over-tightened screws at the bottom. He said he put it on his table at home and it just splintered. When he showed me the screen (both of them had contacted their Apple stores as both had insurance), it had a crack starting around the right screw on the bottom and heading up. No damage to the frame, no scratches, nothing.

How fragile are these things? And replacements are what? $100-200, even with insurance?
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:29 AM   #964
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Well I have dropped mine on the floor in a club. It was there the whole night with people stepping and kicking it around. They found it the day after and it had just a few little scratches on the back not even visible.

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:56 PM   #965
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Well I have dropped mine on the floor in a club. It was there the whole night with people stepping and kicking it around. They found it the day after and it had just a few little scratches on the back not even visible.
You are a lucky guy

Btw, is it just me or does iTunes 11 take FOREVER to transfer purchases?

-edit-

Over half an hour in, still waiting on this thing to finish transferring apps over. Holy mother****ing christ this thing is slow. Feels like I am back in 1999.

Last edited by Sazar : Dec 7, 2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:46 AM   #966
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
You are a lucky guy

Btw, is it just me or does iTunes 11 take FOREVER to transfer purchases?

-edit-

Over half an hour in, still waiting on this thing to finish transferring apps over. Holy mother****ing christ this thing is slow. Feels like I am back in 1999.
millennium bug

whole thing has been F up

any easy way to roll back to 10
I wish I wouldn't have up graded this but lost 10 with windows 7

http://www.slate.com/articles/techno...am_to_die.html

Last edited by bill dennison : Dec 7, 2012 at 12:57 AM.
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:57 AM   #967
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
millennium bug

whole thing has been F up

any easy way to roll back to 10
I wish I wouldn't have up graded this but lost 10 with windows 7
It took almost 2 hours to transfer purchases from my phone to my computer. 2 ****ing hours for 30 apps.

Act of congress to find the "transfer purchases" options in this ridiculous POS software in the first place if you don't know what you're doing. And people give Windows 8 a hard time.

It's a good thing that there are other, free ways to backup all your apps and songs. Oh wait.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 01:16 AM   #968
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
It took almost 2 hours to transfer purchases from my phone to my computer. 2 ****ing hours for 30 apps.

Act of congress to find the "transfer purchases" options in this ridiculous POS software in the first place if you don't know what you're doing. And people give Windows 8 a hard time.

It's a good thing that there are other, free ways to backup all your apps and songs. Oh wait.

if I could get the apps I need for work
Garmin StreetPilot Onboard and magellan roadmate and Boa mobile pay on windows phone and a tab I would switch right now

most everything else I can get apps for but so far the two best gps apps with onboard maps I have found are ios only
Old Dec 7, 2012, 05:51 PM   #969
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:

if I could get the apps I need for work
Garmin StreetPilot Onboard and magellan roadmate and Boa mobile pay on windows phone and a tab I would switch right now

most everything else I can get apps for but so far the two best gps apps with onboard maps I have found are ios only
Garmin Streetpilot and BOA are both in the Windows Store (official apps), I did not find Magellan when I searched but (at least on Lumia's), the Nokia and Bing map apps are quite spectacular for free products.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 06:35 PM   #970
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Garmin Streetpilot and BOA are both in the Windows Store (official apps), I did not find Magellan when I searched but (at least on Lumia's), the Nokia and Bing map apps are quite spectacular for free products.
by the 16mb size of Garmin Streetpilot it must be streaming maps not the on board maps of the 1.8gb Garmin StreetPilot Onboard ios app maybe soon I hope, I keep data lock off and just use wifi

I only turn data on to take credit cards
and the boa app is for your bank account not mobile pay to take credit cards
only ios and android so far
http://merchant.bankofamerica.com/mobilepay
Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:44 PM   #971
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
by the 16mb size of Garmin Streetpilot it must be streaming maps not the on board maps of the 1.8gb Garmin StreetPilot Onboard ios app maybe soon I hope, I keep data lock off and just use wifi

I only turn data on to take credit cards
and the boa app is for your bank account not mobile pay to take credit cards
only ios and android so far
http://merchant.bankofamerica.com/mobilepay
The small size doesn't include maps you download and run from the device. Looking at the description, seems like Nokia maps or navigon style downloads.

You got me on the BOA thing.