Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jun 23, 2012, 01:23 PM   #301
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Does CM release stable builds or is it all about the nightlies?

The last alpha has been running fine in my Touchpad so I have been waiting for a stable build.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 01:32 PM   #302
Pr3tty F1y
Radeon Arctic Islands

Pr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
Does CM release stable builds or is it all about the nightlies?

The last alpha has been running fine in my Touchpad so I have been waiting for a stable build.
I haven't seen any new stable releases, but if you get the unofficial nightlies they come with GooManager which alerts/installs new unofficial rom updates.

The microphone fix was added about 6/15 or so, so any official nightly since then should have it worked. I've upgraded through several unofficial builds with no issues.

You're dead.
Your friends are dead.
Your family's dead.
Your f**king pets are being skinned alive.
Your mom's a f**king whore.
You suck at life.
The whole world hates you.
You're going to hell.
Live with it.

GAME OVER
Pr3tty F1y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2012, 08:09 PM   #303
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

I'm running the latest CM9 release on my HP TouchPad, and I'm very pleased with the results.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:59 PM   #304
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'm on the 6/12 nightly and installed the mic fix separately because it wasn't merged yet, but I've had no issues. Use my tablet daily and love it! Can't thank the CM team and others enough.

I'm sure the camera fix will come in due time, the mic fix did.

edit: Yeah, they have stated that there will probably not be another another "alpha" and to treat the nightlies as such.
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:14 PM   #305
Hogrider
Radeon Evergreen

Hogrider is still being judged by the masses

Finally updated one of our Touchpads to Android thanks to someone giving me instructions on how to do the Cyanogen mod. Updated it to the latest nightly from Oct 28 and it seems to run pretty good. Only thing not working is the camera.

I've put quite a few games for the kids on it and they love it. They actually have been fighting over it today while leaving the ipads alone, which my wife is thankful for.
Not bad for a $99 buy over a year ago. Also this thing is built pretty sturdy, it has survived over a year of 2 young kids dropping it, bashing it etc.

Last edited by Hogrider : Nov 11, 2012 at 07:17 PM.
Hogrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:48 PM   #306
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogrider View Post
Finally updated one of our Touchpads to Android thanks to someone giving me instructions on how to do the Cyanogen mod. Updated it to the latest nightly from Oct 28 and it seems to run pretty good. Only thing not working is the camera.

I've put quite a few games for the kids on it and they love it. They actually have been fighting over it today while leaving the ipads alone, which my wife is thankful for.
Not bad for a $99 buy over a year ago. Also this thing is built pretty sturdy, it has survived over a year of 2 young kids dropping it, bashing it etc.
Indeed. Though for an adult, I find it a bit bulky and heavy. Great tablet for the kids though.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:02 PM   #307
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

CM10? Does it run pretty well on it? I'd imagine it does, I love it on my phone.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:04 PM   #308
Hogrider
Radeon Evergreen

Hogrider is still being judged by the masses

CM9.

Also they just put up a new 11/11/12 nightly build. I wonder how I can find out what the changes are in each update.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:11 PM   #309
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
CM9.

Also they just put up a new 11/11/12 nightly build. I wonder how I can find out what the changes are in each update.
Oh, didn't know they were still doing nightlies of CM9... Hope you get CM10 some day, it's a big jump IMO.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:49 AM   #310
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Oh, didn't know they were still doing nightlies of CM9... Hope you get CM10 some day, it's a big jump IMO.
CM10 is available for HP TouchPad, but it's still in the "preview" state and not easy to find, very unofficial. You can look for it on the RootzWiki forums.

As for the camera, this has been worked on for a long time and there is also an unofficial release available, but from what I've read it's really ready for mass deployment yet, very unstable.
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:28 AM   #311
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Looking forward to CM10. I am still rocking one of the early CM9 Beta builds. It is working fine (don't know about the camera, cause I don't use it) so I am just leaving it alone until CM10 is in good shape.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:20 PM   #312
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I rescued my parents xmas touchpad after a year of near non-existent usage Got that badboy CM9'd and OC'ed to 1.7Ghz the new NFS runs pretty good on it. Certainly alot better than the pc version does.. I do hope they don't ever ask for it back! They both have laptops these days so its not like they are being deprived right?!?
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote