Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 11, 2020, 05:48 PM   #421
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Damn this game. It had to be moved off of a dedicated 250gb ssd drive back on to a HDD cuz it dont fit no more

RIDICULOUS

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Zotac Amp gtx 1080 - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2020, 06:35 PM   #422
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
You’re all going to need a 1TB hard drive for this title soon.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2020, 07:12 PM   #423
Nascar24
Future RTX 3080 Owner

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Polished Turd!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 5, 2020, 01:27 AM   #424
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That 40 or 50 GB patch is out. Don't really care as it is downpumping at a decent 40 MB/sec. Should be done in a few mins.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2020, 02:11 AM   #425
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
That 40 or 50 GB patch is out. Don't really care as it is downpumping at a decent 40 MB/sec. Should be done in a few mins.
Cool. What hacks and cheats are you using to keep up with the community to keep a level playing field ?
Old Aug 5, 2020, 02:36 AM   #426
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I never use hacks in any game. However, in this game compared to other COD I have rarely come across any cheaters. It has one of the best anti-cheats in any game I have ever played online. The community is also amazing since you can always find games because of multi platform and all servers get filled up fast so the matchmaking is also one of the best. For me living in Dubai, being able to find a match in seconds and having latency of 30-60 is a "never before seen" event. The best I used to be able to get was ~80-100 latency in BFV and typically 120-140 in BF1 or any games prior. Also number of servers was always restricted, servers would get full and ping would jump to 150-160 and that was the best online gaming I could do sitting here.

This specific COD has totally changed how I game on PC online FPS compared to everything else. That is also why I am still playing this game almost 8 months after release and have bought all season passes. For 30 bucks purchase plus another 10 bucks for first time season pass, it is value that can't be beat like EVER.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 04:52 PM   #427
Rummy
Radeon R700

Rummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I never use hacks in any game. However, in this game compared to other COD I have rarely come across any cheaters. It has one of the best anti-cheats in any game I have ever played online. The community is also amazing since you can always find games because of multi platform and all servers get filled up fast so the matchmaking is also one of the best. For me living in Dubai, being able to find a match in seconds and having latency of 30-60 is a "never before seen" event. The best I used to be able to get was ~80-100 latency in BFV and typically 120-140 in BF1 or any games prior. Also number of servers was always restricted, servers would get full and ping would jump to 150-160 and that was the best online gaming I could do sitting here.

This specific COD has totally changed how I game on PC online FPS compared to everything else. That is also why I am still playing this game almost 8 months after release and have bought all season passes. For 30 bucks purchase plus another 10 bucks for first time season pass, it is value that can't be beat like EVER.
Game is dope..
Old Aug 7, 2020, 07:53 AM   #428
RSViper
Radeon R520

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

I seem to run into cheats every other match. At least playing on Eastern US times. At least it feels that way. Some are subtle, like the guy that always seems to know exactly where I'm at. Others, are blatant, with guys watching and tracking me literally through the walls. I don't often see an obvious aimbotter, but there are guys that quick scope 4 x in a row with the K98 with head shots and don't miss. Hard for me not to think there's some additional help going on there.

Still, I haven't bought a COD game since advanced warfare and I still have fun playing even though there are times It feels like I see the guy just for a split second on my end and before I can even aim I'm dead and on the replay, they've seen me for a half a second or longer it seems.

The only thing that would make this better would be dedicated servers. My friends and I that have been playing together since the original modern warfare were commenting that we would have never gotten together without the dedicated servers back then since we started playing together on the same server every night.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 07:59 AM   #429
KAC
That postcount though...

Funnily enough right after I posted I came across 2 cheaters across another 10-12 matches I played. In one match person was shooting through walls and killing. In second one a person was able to call in kill streaks irrespective of kills so there was a VTOL always on top lol.

I think I may have jinxed myself after that post.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 06:16 PM   #430
Nascar24
Future RTX 3080 Owner

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

This polished turd now gets its own news stories, It should be more about their ridiculous every other day 50GB patches though.

https://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-duty...0HPZCeFlY3J6mM
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 06:52 PM   #431
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Cheating is apparently out of control in the game now too. Cheaters blatantly posting youtube videos on their real accounts and not getting banned.

"America is not divided by race. color, gender, or sexual orientation.
America is divided into wise people and fools.
And fools divide themselves by race, color, gender, or sexual orientation."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 10:19 PM   #432
KAC
That postcount though...

I thought that was because of the free weekend. Will try today to see if cheaters still plaguing the game.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 01:18 AM   #433
KAC
That postcount though...

Yay, didn't come across any cheaters since free weekend is over. Nice.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 02:24 AM   #434
Rummy
Radeon R700

Rummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
not as many cheaters as people claim, just crappy console kids crying
Old Aug 15, 2020, 02:39 AM   #435
KAC
That postcount though...

Came across 2 during free weekend. I am pretty sure those assholes are taken care of. On a normal day I usually don’t come across any. Just punching my way through right now. Hit level 21 on SP. Need to at least get the new gun at 31.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 03:25 PM   #436
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
not as many cheaters as people claim, just crappy console kids crying
Quote:
Warzone players remain frustrated by cheaters even after Infinity Ward asked everyone to please stop cheating
By Aron Garst 5 days ago

Infinity Ward pledged more ban waves in July, but many players are unsatisfied with the anti-cheat efforts so far.

A squad of alleged aimbotters has trapped a guy behind his riot shield. The particular suspected cheater we're spectating, captured in the video below, continues firing at the shield guy's protected head. Tiring of that, he finally tries to run up on him with a thermite grenade—but the shield wins out. It's a lovely bit of schadenfreude, although the riot shielder's victory against cheating is short-lived. The rest of the squad gets him in the end.

Infinity Ward worked to address Call of Duty: Warzone's cheating problem earlier this year with a big ban wave and new reporting features, but many players don't think it's doing enough. Despite the issuance of another stern anti-cheat warning at the end of July, Warzone players continue to report cheaters with superhuman aim and the apparent ability to see through walls.

"I have 12,000 games played of Fortnite across 3 years. I’ve died to cheaters 3 times," said former Call of Duty pro player and current Warzone streamer Jack "CouRage" Dunlop in a tweet. "I’ve played Warzone for 4 hours today. I’ve died to cheaters 6 times."

While it's difficult to find concrete proof that a player is cheating, Warzone fans claim that they can tell by how the player behaves. If they're getting kills by shooting seemingly randomly into buildings, or appear to know where enemies are before they can see them, that's taken as a sign that they're using third-party software.

Posts about encounters with cheaters and other oddities—such as a guy named AlejandroH who has 661,568,246 wins according to the leaderboard—are common on Reddit, Twitter, and elsewhere. High ranking lobbies are especially affected as cheaters are able to rack up dozens of kills per game, sometimes killing more than a third of a 150-player lobby before the final few circles.

"We were in the final 15. I'm behind a counter and my friend is in a corner. Suddenly I got shot and killed through a wall and my friend died soon after," said Redditor krFrillaKilla. "We spectated the guy and he killed me by walking by into our building, staring at the exact spot I was in and shooting through the wall, then he snapped at my friend and did the same thing ... It's sad how he can be max rank with Damascus weapons while clearly hacking and still be active in this game."

"Cheaters are in pretty much every game," said Redditor BerdxD. "Some of them are full squads of cheaters. Breaking kill records. Ruining games. If Infinity Ward doesn't get their **** together by season 5, that's it for my relationship with Call of Duty."

Cheaters have gone as far to stream and post their exploits on places like YouTube and TikTok—sometimes mocking people who call them out. "I stream this **** on the same account every single day brother," said YouTuber Jamain-Matton in a stream of him cheating on July 17. "He thinks I'm going to get banned. [I've had this account] for over four months."

Please don't cheat
Infinity Ward was gung-ho about its fight against cheating after Warzone launched in mid-March. The developer had banned over 70,000 players by April. It even pitted players who were cheating against one another in the same lobby to make them suffer their own medicine.

"It is something that's really high on our list," said Joe Cecot, multiplayer director and design director at Infinity Ward in an interview with US Gamer in May. "We have a team at Activision that's dedicated to [anti-cheat] and finding those people, but it's an arms race."

Infinity Ward added a player reporting feature that notifies players when an account they've reported has been banned. It also included a block function that gives players a warning if they enter a lobby that has someone they've blocked in it. But these efforts clearly haven't been enough to create the feeling that Warzone is relatively safe from cheaters compared to competing shooters.

Fortnite and PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds feature similar reporting tools, two-factor authentication, as well as anti-cheat software (Easy Anti-Cheat and BattlEye). Riot Games, meanwhile, uses an even more aggressive (and more intrusive) anti-cheat program called Vanguard for its team-based shooter Valorant. The program makes use of a "kernel mode driver" that runs as soon as Windows starts. Vanguard has been controversial: Many players don't believe a game should have that level of access to your computer. The battle between game developers and cheaters is also a conflict between privacy and security.

Infinity Ward hasn't made any announcement about implementing a countermeasure like Vanguard, or of any major changes to its strategy. In its July statement, the developer said that "cheating will not be tolerated" and that "more banwaves are coming."

"Please do not use unauthorized 3rd party software to mod or hack," the company wrote. "[This includes but is not limited to] aimbots, wallhacks, trainers, stats hacks, texture hacks, injectors, hex editors or any software used to deliberately modify game data or memory."

On the Warzone subreddit, players gently mocked the statement as ineffectual. "If you don’t stop we will be very angry!“ wrote one poster.

We've contacted Activision to find out if there's a new anti-cheat strategy ahead for Warzone, or if we'll see one of the promised ban waves soon, and we'll say so if we find out more.

https://www.pcgamer.com/warzone-play...stop-cheating/

Old Aug 16, 2020, 03:26 PM   #437
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
The multiplayer is free all the time...unless you mean some specific game modes.

Old Aug 17, 2020, 09:04 AM   #438
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
The multiplayer is free all the time...unless you mean some specific game modes.
Only War Zone is which I don't play.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 01:18 PM   #439
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I have seen cheaters all this week playing ground war. Yesterday was the most blatant shooting people thru walls. The day before was a kill streak cheat.. less than a minute into the match on the international airport map, their was a gunship already in the air, and was constantly in the air for most of the match.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2020, 01:39 AM   #440
KAC
That postcount though...

Double XP weekend for them bitches.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 01:54 AM   #441
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Have they started bundling this game with 4TB hard drives yet?
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2020, 02:28 AM   #442
Rummy
Radeon R700

Quote:
I have seen three cheaters in warzone since release. Not sure what your point is. Yes there are cheaters just not as many as people think.lol
Old Aug 29, 2020, 08:43 AM   #443
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Have they started bundling this game with 4TB hard drives yet?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2020, 11:40 AM   #444
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Call of Duty streamer accidentally reveals he's cheating, loses his Twitch channel.

MrGolds was bragging about how good he is in Call of Duty: Warzone while the EngineOwning cheat was clearly visible.

"Just because I have good recoil [control], I'm good at the game," MrGolds says during the fateful moment. "The first time you see someone good at the game—now I'm talking with you guys because you really—I play, and I look at the chat, and it's like, what's going on? You know what I'm saying? What's going on, guys? Have you ever seen anyone play like me?"

https://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-duty...witch-channel/
What a dumbass! This is evidence that these cheaters even think that they are good and badass, even though they are dumber than a bag of rocks. They convince themselves that they are the best ever and enjoy the praise they get...even though they aren't doing the work. This is why they cheat, to get false praise. This one just got caught.

Old Aug 31, 2020, 11:41 AM   #445
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
I have seen three cheaters in warzone since release. Not sure what your point is. Yes there are cheaters just not as many as people think.lol
I'm thinking there are more than you think there are. Many more.

Old Aug 31, 2020, 11:56 AM   #446
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Why do the devs not get the cheat work out how it works and use its program to call home and record the cheaters and perm ban them. Doesn't make any sense and even better these online streamers all getting caught, this isnt the only [email protected] doing it and getting paid lots to pretend to be good.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 01:13 PM   #447
KAC
That postcount though...

Sure there are cheaters. Doesn’t take away from the fact that it is the best COD ever and expectations are sky high for Cold War.

Should’ve seen BF1 and BFV cheaters. Reason why I stopped playing.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 04:33 PM   #448
Rummy
Radeon R700

Quote:
I'm thinking there are more than you think there are. Many more.
LOL nope sorry.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 05:41 PM   #449
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
LOL nope sorry.
Deny it all you want, but they exist and aren't going away. I can see you are a fanboy of the game and that is fine, everybody has to like something right? But to deny that cheaters are a problem is akin to sticking your head in the sand. They weren't at first, but inevitably as the game gained popularity they infested the game. A shame.

Old Aug 31, 2020, 05:48 PM   #450
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
LOL nope sorry.
I think there are more than most realize. But there is also network issues (lag compensation), hit detection, and prediction failures that put you out in the open when you never left cover, which also causes sync issues that can look like cheating. But if you believe that the guns have 100% no recoil with every shot like a laser with no variation, people targeting/following you thru walls from 100 yards away with no UAV or perk that you can't be seen, and people getting max kill streak rewards in under a minute with the cycle continuing the whole game, as being normal. Than I guess there aren't many cheaters.

There is a reason that Blizzard/Activision sued one of the predominate creators of of such cheats today, as well as banned over 70,000 cheaters in April:

https://phonemantra.com/activision-s...ent%20CXCheats.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote