Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jul 26, 2020, 03:28 AM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicalking View Post
Are those the ones that spawn a bunch of animals around you? Frogs, fireflies, dragonflies? I found a bunch of them but do they have a purpose other than spawning said critters?
Yup. They are just tied to the achievement and nothing else.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2020, 08:53 AM   #182
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So I completed the main mission this morning. Solid 8/10 for me.

Art/set design (as opposed to graphics) 9.5/10
Story 10/10
Voice acting 9/10
Combat 7/10
Side quests 9/10
Music 10/10

I usually enjoy less story driven/more combat oriented 'instant gratification' games like Nioh/Souls etc, so an overall 8/10 out of me is really high. This game's overall direction and set won me over.

The combat began to feel gimmicky, not very challenging towards the end, but I have to give high marks for some of the mechanics they implemented, like the terror mechanic.

NPCs ( the important ones) were well thought out and very engaging, and that final battle was super satisfying, primarily because they built a villain that I just loved to hate lol.

Small nits killed the flow for me at times, like the inability to simply step off a ledge - having to jump to get off a 2' high ledge seems silly, among a couple of other things, all minor though.

Truth of the matter if those are my only gripes, then it's a stellar game for me. I still have lots of side missions to do before DLC drops on another favorite game next week, and I'm hoping they release some DLC for this at some point.

Well worth the purchase
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2020, 10:29 AM   #183
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Glad you enjoyed it homie

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 26, 2020, 10:36 AM   #184
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Glad you enjoyed it homie
These Sony games are killer dude...PS all the way.

My main, really only regret is not seeing them the first time on a premium panel. That'll change soon enough though.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 10:43 AM   #185
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I cleared the first area of Mongols and shite now have 20 question marks to do. At that point I literally lost interest in doing side exploration. Will stick with tales and finish them off. I don’t have patience for question marks and similarly never did them in Witcher or Ass Creed games. I wish more devs would look at organic ways to find these things rather than going out of your way to get the stuff.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2020, 10:49 AM   #186
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I cleared the first area of Mongols and shite now have 20 question marks to do. At that point I literally lost interest in doing side exploration. Will stick with tales and finish them off. I don’t have patience for question marks and similarly never did them in Witcher or Ass Creed games. I wish more devs would look at organic ways to find these things rather than going out of your way to get the stuff.
It's the sheer number of them that turns me off at times. In Ghost though, I thought the fox dens and golden birds were a fantastic way to tie in those items with Japanese folk lore and get the players to explore more.

The fox dens are in your face enough that you know it's got something more to it the first time you stumble across one, but I didn't realize I was supposed to follow the birds the first couple of times I saw them. Pretty cool imo.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 03:07 PM   #187
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
It's the sheer number of them that turns me off at times. In Ghost though, I thought the fox dens and golden birds were a fantastic way to tie in those items with Japanese folk lore and get the players to explore more.

The fox dens are in your face enough that you know it's got something more to it the first time you stumble across one, but I didn't realize I was supposed to follow the birds the first couple of times I saw them. Pretty cool imo.
And the wind is such a cool way to guide you too. I love the minimal HUD strategy they used. I am the opposite and love exploring every nook and cranny to find cool stuff. Which is why I am only 50% done with the first chapter. I'll probably put 80+ hours into the game. Especially if the story gets me hooked.
SD-[Inc] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2020, 03:35 PM   #188
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
And the wind is such a cool way to guide you too. I love the minimal HUD strategy they used. I am the opposite and love exploring every nook and cranny to find cool stuff. Which is why I am only 50% done with the first chapter. I'll probably put 80+ hours into the game. Especially if the story gets me hooked.
Yep, I love how they used the wind

The other thing that struck me as odd, because of my gameplay preferences, is that having basically a single set of weapons didn't bother me. They made the movesets work with everything else you could add to combat without dumping a ton of different weapon types on the player. Very creative
Old Jul 26, 2020, 10:04 PM   #189
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I still haven’t found a hidden alter. I don’t think there is anything new to find tbh. Even fox dens are now giving me charms that I don’t need. Also I am a nub for not using my increase supplies charm. I am still running around boning idiots and trying to do the tales. Still need to find the last mythic tale and do all the sides from companions before I call it.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 10:27 PM   #190
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
I still haven’t found a hidden alter. I don’t think there is anything new to find tbh. Even fox dens are now giving me charms that I don’t need. Also I am a nub for not using my increase supplies charm. I am still running around boning idiots and trying to do the tales. Still need to find the last mythic tale and do all the sides from companions before I call it.
Hidden altars don't show up on the map.

The fox upgrades the charm of silence and charm of izinamis might to massive increases. Check those they are worth it to find all the dens.

Old Jul 27, 2020, 02:14 AM   #191
KAC
That postcount though...

Yes I may use a guide for that if I do intend to plat this. For now just doing the tales and the odd shrine or haiku.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 12:47 AM   #192
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Really getting into the atmosphere of this game. I decided to set the UI from Normal to Expert and really enjoying the experience even more. Expert settings removes all the flashing foliage and resources, waypoints, and stagger meters during attack. It really helps with the immersion as now you actual have to look around for stuff you want to scavenge. The game is so beautiful, but these subtle UI elements were annoying. So glad they gave you an option to remove them. Blinking foliage sucks. Plus the stagger meter was huge. You don't really need it because the player animations are so good you can completely tell whether what shape the person is in you are attacking. I think it is even easier because there isn't a big blocky meter in your way. Highly recommended if you haven't already tried it.

Also, this game is a work of art. Look how peaceful this screen shot is:

Old Jul 28, 2020, 05:28 AM   #193
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Really getting into the atmosphere of this game. I decided to set the UI from Normal to Expert and really enjoying the experience even more. Expert settings removes all the flashing foliage and resources, waypoints, and stagger meters during attack. It really helps with the immersion as now you actual have to look around for stuff you want to scavenge. The game is so beautiful, but these subtle UI elements were annoying. So glad they gave you an option to remove them. Blinking foliage sucks. Plus the stagger meter was huge. You don't really need it because the player animations are so good you can completely tell whether what shape the person is in you are attacking. I think it is even easier because there isn't a big blocky meter in your way. Highly recommended if you haven't already tried it.

Also, this game is a work of art. Look how peaceful this screen shot is:

That's a gorgeous shot. This game is truly a work of art, so far the only one that's really making me regret not buying an OLED, even though it's not in the budget right now.

I might actually do a replay later in the year....with an OLED lol.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 08:04 AM   #194
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Game is gorgeous all around. I also love all the small details, like clothes getting dirty and can be cleaned by moving into water, or the sheeting sequence with all the different animations depending on if the Katana has blood on it or not, the rain flowing down the roofs and other stuff.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2020, 10:57 AM   #195
KAC
That postcount though...

The absolutely best animation is after a duel how he cleans the blood from the Katana by jerking it. A bit like how I clean my katana after I spent the night with your mum last night
Old Jul 28, 2020, 06:31 PM   #196
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
The absolutely best animation is after a duel how he cleans the blood from the Katana by jerking it. A bit like how I clean my katana after I spent the night with your mum last night
... if your resume doesn’t read like your posts you’re doing the world a disservice

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Old Jul 28, 2020, 08:46 PM   #197
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
That's a gorgeous shot. This game is truly a work of art, so far the only one that's really making me regret not buying an OLED, even though it's not in the budget right now.

I might actually do a replay later in the year....with an OLED lol.
It’s my new desktop background.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 11:23 PM   #198
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
... if your resume doesn’t read like your posts you’re doing the world a disservice

Seems like I am going for platinum in this one. It is going to be long and tedious but I am trying to move my PS tier from 13 to 14 and this plat can knock me over. It has been a very long journey on tier 13 ffs. Finally am at 97% done.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 06:20 AM   #199
KAC
That postcount though...

Almost there. Need 1 record, perfect parry, shrines and springs etc and then I should have plat. Definitely cheating my way through the hidden altars.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 10:17 AM   #200
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

I’m still fking around in act 2

I love this game. Sometimes I just ride around and look for standoffs/fights to get into. Scared to check how many hours I have played, lol.

Alpha

Omega

Old Aug 1, 2020, 12:07 PM   #201
KAC
That postcount though...

Plat the shite out of this one baby.

Living legend mofos!
Old Aug 1, 2020, 05:04 PM   #202
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Quote:
Plat the shite out of this one baby.

Living legend mofos!
Nice! Did it give you the boost you needed to level up?

Alpha

Omega

Old Aug 1, 2020, 09:03 PM   #203
KAC
That postcount though...

Yes I got to PS4 ePenos level 14. But that I did by finishing Days Gone.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 12:30 PM   #204
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Yes I got to PS4 ePenos level 14. But that I did by finishing Days Gone.
Nice. I can see how you got plat on this game. They make the undiscovered places valuable (sometimes). Plus the map isn’t as large as other games and fast travel is plentiful. I find myself wanting to visit everywhere on the map. I am deep into chapter 2 and probably will finish the game close to platinum also. I really like how main quests are story driven around characters themselves. It’s something I hadn’t seen in past games. I like the formula as its about learning each character’s story to advance the main story.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 01:18 PM   #205
KAC
That postcount though...

Actually all the side tales are also worth it. There is a lot to discover about mongols and Japanese during the invasion. The companion tales were totally worth it as well and they make subtle changes if you have or have not completed the game.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 01:38 AM   #206
KAC
That postcount though...

Having withdrawals from not playing this game. I sold it off since I plat the damn thing. Now I got nothing to play that is exciting. The whole experience cost me about 15$ given how quickly I bought and sold it. .

Can't complain about the cost but in hindsight should have kept it longer and done all the ? marks.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:27 AM   #207
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Having withdrawals from not playing this game. I sold it off since I plat the damn thing. Now I got nothing to play that is exciting. The whole experience cost me about 15$ given how quickly I bought and sold it. .

Can't complain about the cost but in hindsight should have kept it longer and done all the ? marks.
Got to wonder if DLC is coming though. Might have jumped the gun to soon.

Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:36 AM   #208
KAC
That postcount though...

If DLC does come I may pick it up again used for definitely lesser than what I sold it for.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:47 AM   #209
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
If DLC does come I may pick it up again used for definitely lesser than what I sold it for.
Such a hassle lol. I dont resale cause sucker punch deserves not to have sale taken away from a used copy.

Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:52 AM   #210
KAC
That postcount though...

Honestly it is no hassle. I bought it because a dude delivered it to my house 1 day in advance. I sold it to a dude who came to my house to pick it up and paid me for it.

Now the only hassle would be I may need to go somewhere to get the copy. Worst case I may go digital by the time DLC comes as I may find it cheap.