Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 17, 2019, 02:29 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Default Batwoman (CW)

Quote:
The origin story sets the stage with Kate, who identifies as a lesbian, desperate to rescue her love Sophie Moore, despite the trepidation of Kate's father who worries about his little girl.
But he need not because she forces her way into her cousin's bat cave and demands the Batman suit be fixed.
When told the suit "is literal perfection," she quips, "It will be -- when it fits a woman."
Quote:
Once Kate starts vanquishing evil in Gotham, the citizens mistake her for the Caped Crusader.
"I'm not about to let a man take credit for a woman's work," she says.
Dear God no. The reboot of Ghostbusters is looking effing PHENOMENAL after reading this nonsense.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 07:07 PM   #2
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Yeah...so this is gonna be a big NO from me, thanks.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 07:35 PM   #3
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 17, 2019, 07:36 PM   #4
wazman
Resident Curmudgeon

wazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete stranger

Wait - is this a reboot of this movie: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wi...ld_of_Batwoman ?

RIP, Hannibal. RIP, Shadow. RIP, Mitchell. RIP, Annie. RIP, Jones.
wazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 07:57 PM   #5
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

INB4 people come in and say "Oh this just HAPPENS to be how the writers of the show want to do things, there's no agenda behind it, you guys are paranoid." Nevermind that all of this stuff is unescapable nowadays in all entertainment. This is perpatuated in almost all CW shows right now. The Flash had the longest run ( ) without much politics going into it and I was enjoying it thoroughly. It had a perfect and diverse cast with male and female heroines. When they create division and resentment due to identities that's when it just bugs the hell out of me. The Flash is now changing rapidly to match the other CW shows in that direction, RIP. I really did enjoy it a lot.

I wonder if going "woke" is profitable. A lot of businesses are following suit. I actually think the people making the business decisions don't give two craps about the politics themselves, but rather are instead thinking they are following trends which will make them more money. Time will tell.

As to me, someone give me a time machine, it doesn't have to take me far, just bring me anywhere in between 90s-early or pre-10s and we're good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 08:35 PM   #6
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Well at least they have the Batwoman look of the comics pretty spot on.

kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 11:41 PM   #7
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

cw lol. that channel for 12 year olds? as if keeping the original character bible would make this something to look forward to with some kind of hope. rofl lmao
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:01 AM   #8
clerick
tfw

clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

These next 10 years are gonna suck with these forced politics everywhere, christ.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:10 AM   #9
Capt. Picard
Radeon Northern Islands

Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I like my human, non-superpower, superheros to be realistically outfitted.

Batman is.

Arrow is ...

Batgirl isn't.

That's a cosplay outfit.
Old Yesterday, 08:56 AM   #10
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
These next 10 years are gonna suck with these forced politics everywhere, christ.
Only 10? Unless the pendulum swings faster the other way, I'd say at least 25. Time to stock the bunker.
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM   #11
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The main reason that the comic books are all becoming tv shows and movies is because Hollywood hasn't had an original idea since 1984.

There is so much written in comics over the last 90 years that they have a lot to work with. It's just too damn bad that most of the people that are stealing these ideas haven't cracked a single comic like ever.

That is the main reason that I like the Marvel stuff. At least they try and understand the comics and the characters. They stay pretty close to the intent of the books.

DC............... Well, they screw up more stuff than they produce. Prime example. Superman DOES NOT KILL. How can you screw that up?

But yeah, as soon as Hollywood starts to get off their high horse and get new stories and ideas then we are in this rut.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM   #12
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Rumor has it that the CW Batwoman's nemesis will be Lesbovine. Think Poison Ivy as a lesbian cow.
Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM   #13
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Rumor has it that the CW Batwoman's nemesis will be Lesbovine. Think Poison Ivy as a lesbian cow.
Not even close. Zer nemesis is AlphaMan.

AlphaMan supports his family economically, guides them morally and farts inappropriately.
Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM   #14
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Nope, couldn't even finish watching the trailer for it. Hard pass, just like with Captain Marvel. Comics these days are little more than yet another hijacked vehicle for the "progressive" message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Only 10? Unless the pendulum swings faster the other way, I'd say at least 25. Time to stock the bunker.
Exactly. Take me back to the 80s, and to my teenaged self again. This time I know much better what to do and not do, and what to appreciate and focus on. And maybe I can nip this modern tendency in the bud, just like good ol' Grumpy Cat did when he was around, RIP.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM   #15
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post

Dear God no. The reboot of Ghostbusters is looking effing PHENOMENAL after reading this nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
The people who pay money for all those movies, toys, and DVDs are to blame. Stop going to this bullshit and it will all go away in 1 year or less.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM   #16
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

...you people do realize she's been this character in the comics for over a decade right?(since 2006)

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib -
4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(Yes, darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM   #17
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
...you people do realize she's been this character in the comics for over a decade right?(since 2006)
What do you mean “you people”?

#KACSLIFEMATTERS

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM   #18
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
This stuff started gaining momentum back in the 90s, really.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:10 AM   #19
ugly
Radeon R520

ugly is still being judged by the masses

The worst thing about these shows that pander to gender and identify politics is that, it's just really bad writing. There's no subtlety to it, there's no nuance.

There are people who rip on Game of Thrones because Jon Snow is just a 'boring white guy' who 'fails upwards' because he's a man. And that is 'lazy writing'.

But what they have there for Batwoman is just plain bad writing. It's not storytelling. It's not even writing that fails to understand the perspective of other people, and makes culturally insensitive errors through ignorance, thus perpetuating society's ingrained biases. What Batwoman is, is just taking potshots. Intent is worse than negligence.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote