Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Aug 26, 2019, 03:28 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Default Corsair RMA

Without going into to much details (to be frank, I'm kinda wore out from them). Has anyone else experienced their customer service recently? It's atrociously bad to say the least.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2019, 03:50 PM   #2
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

It's been a while since I had to do an RMA with them, but in the past it was pretty painless. I think it's been a little over a year since my last RMA, so if they went downhill it would have been fairly recent.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2019, 03:54 PM   #3
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Few years ago I had to RMA a Corsair HX750 PSU that started failing on me. I remember it being a pretty smooth process. They exchanged it for an HX750i since the regular HX750 was EOL. Only thing was they put a hold on my CC for the MSRP amount of the replacement PSU until they received the failing PSU in the mail from me.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 26, 2019, 03:56 PM   #4
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Few years ago I had to RMA a Corsair HX750 PSU that started failing on me. I remember it being a pretty smooth process. They exchanged it for an HX750i since the regular HX750 was EOL. Only thing was they put a hold on my CC for the MSRP amount of the replacement PSU until they received the failing PSU in the mail from me.
Thats one of my issues, EVGA, and Asus both put a tag on the card, but they don't actually charge it. Corsair straight up bills you full retail. I think they forget who they are inconveniencing when their product fails. But there's a magnitude of other issues I'm having with them on top of it.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2019, 09:19 PM   #5
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Want to elaborate a little on your current experience and product you're wanting to RMA?

I contacted Corsair to RMA an ll series fan which was slightly faulty....they gave two options, return the product and they'll ship me a new one, but would only do it once they received mine first or option 2 was to purchase an ll series fan at full price so they could ship it out immediately while mine was in transit.

I ended up cancelling the RMA process as I found a work around for my issue and couldn't be fooked for the whole process.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 09:58 PM   #6
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Didn’t need an RMA recently but last time they sent me a return label and a new CLC within a week. It was the 110i that died less than 7 days of install.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:47 AM   #7
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

did an rma on a cooler didn't have an issue
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2019, 08:34 AM   #8
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Did a power supply a few months back. The first guy I talked to was a moron. I could tell he was reading from a script and I get that it wasn't all his fault. It was the script that was flawed. Apparently telling the tier 1 guys that you went through the pins with a multi-meter and found dead pins isn't something that most people do these days.

I asked to speak to his supervisor because it was like the guy either didn't know what I was talking about or was flat out telling me that I was wrong and that the power supply was supposed to do that. Sorry, when the main line is supposed to be sending out 12v and it is sending out 0v there is a problem. At one point the guy told me that testing the PSU might have invalidated the warranty. That made no sense at all.

Anyway, the dudes boss understood what I was saying. I told him that I replaced the PSU with another and the system booted up fine. Told him the values on the pin-out that I got. At that point he was really cool with it and processed the RMA.

I really think it's all who you get on the initial call. If you are having issues with the first guy ask to speak to their supervisor. Those guys usually are tons more knowledgeable anyway.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2019, 08:43 AM   #9
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Thats one of my issues, EVGA, and Asus both put a tag on the card, but they don't actually charge it. Corsair straight up bills you full retail. I think they forget who they are inconveniencing when their product fails. But there's a magnitude of other issues I'm having with them on top of it.
Oh, Megaman's post reminded me of another detail that I forgot. They did give me the option to not have the hold charge put on my credit card if I could wait until they received the bad PSU before they shipped the new one, but I needed it right away so I opted for the hold so they would cross ship.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2019, 01:26 PM   #10
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Didn’t need an RMA recently but last time they sent me a return label and a new CLC within a week. It was the 110i that died less than 7 days of install.
why didn't you just exchange it back at the store you got it from? lol
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:01 AM   #11
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
why didn't you just exchange it back at the store you got it from? lol
Newegg return was a pain in the ass and I told them that. Cost of me shipping CLC back to newegg was $150 on a $100 item.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote