Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Aug 16, 2019, 06:10 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Unhappy Win10 Network Weirdness (please help)

I changed out my work desktop and everything works fine except I can't access the USB storage on my Linksys router. All the other comps can see, read, write, etc to them just fine. One clue: All the other computers have the name of the router "BIRES50AC" as the network name but this desktop lists it only as "Network"

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
My computer? I've put its specs in the box to the left.
There are many people on the Rage3D forums.
They're very proud of their computers.
Bires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2019, 07:47 AM   #2
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

What is the workgroup or domain set too?
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2019, 06:38 PM   #3
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bires View Post
I changed out my work desktop and everything works fine except I can't access the USB storage on my Linksys router. All the other comps can see, read, write, etc to them just fine. One clue: All the other computers have the name of the router "BIRES50AC" as the network name but this desktop lists it only as "Network"

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Microsoft quit installing an older version of SMB which is the file sharing stuff. Try this to enable it and see if you get it then.

https://winaero.com/blog/enable-smb1...ol-windows-10/

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 18, 2019, 01:26 AM   #4
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
Microsoft quit installing an older version of SMB which is the file sharing stuff. Try this to enable it and see if you get it then.

https://winaero.com/blog/enable-smb1...ol-windows-10/
Yeah I had to do this recently with a Harddrive connected to my asus rt ax88u.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote