Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jun 22, 2019, 09:17 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Default Computer Cases 2019

When I built my current system in 2013, I decided that I'd just get another HAF 932 b/c it worked so well in my 2010 build. Fast forward six years and I have decided it is UGLY as Hell and I'm sick of looking at it. So I'm going in the opposite direction on my upcoming build....big, black, monolithic look.

If I could find a new or used (in like-new condition) Corsair 900d, I 'd get it. The 1000d is too $$$ for me. The 750d has the look I want but like its big brothers it's an older design...which has led me to the Fractal Define R6. I love the way it looks and it seems that even someone unskilled as I could do a decent looking wiring job in it (because it hides everything).

The Phanteks Luxe 2 might be an option, but release dates is unknown.

Suggestions appreciated. Going with the R6 unless someone can convince me why I shouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2019, 09:26 AM   #2
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

I have the Fractal R6 myself. ****ing amazing case, whisper quiet yet amazing cooling capability. Highly recommended.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:17 AM   #3
deadite_9
random and/or senseless

deadite_9 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydeadite_9 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Go with the R6. Unlike a lot of sub-$200 cases, it doesn't feel cheap/janky, and it's built like a tank.

:: HDTV
Samsung Q8FN (4K QLED, 65") :: A/V Onkyo TX-RZ830 ::
:: UHD
Sony UBP-X700 :: BD Oppo BDP-83 :: CD Onkyo DX-C390 ::
:: PHONO
Technics SL-1200MK2 :: GAME Xbox One X + PS4 Pro ::
:: FRONT
JBL SCS300SAT + FS1000 :: SW HSU Research STF-2 ::
:: CENTER
JBL EC35 (Black Ash) :: LFE HSU Research VTF-2 MK5 ::
:: SURROUND L/R
JBL SCS300SAT :: SW HSU Research STF-2 ::
:: SURR BACK L/R
JBL SCS300SAT :: SW HSU Research STF-1 ::

:: CPU
Core i7 7820X (4.5GHz) :: MB ASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming ::
:: BIOS
1704 :: AIO Corsair H115i PRO + (2x) Noctua NF-A14 chromax ::
:: DDR4
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3000MHz (15-17-17-35) ::
:: GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition :: LCD Acer Predator XB241H ::
:: AUDIO
ROG SupremeFX (S1220A) :: SPEAKERS Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 ::
:: OS
Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903) :: NVME Samsung 960 PRO M.2 (512GB) ::
:: SSD
(1x) Samsung 850 PRO (512GB) + (3x) 850 EVO (1TB/1TB/1TB) ::
:: INPUT
Logitech G413 Silver + G MX518 + Xbox One Controller (wireless) ::
:: PSU
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 + CableMod Pro series (black/white) ::
:: CASE
Corsair Carbide Air 540 (silver, DEMCiflex intake filters) ::
:: FANS
(2x) Noctua NF-P14s redux + (1x) NF-P14r redux ::
deadite_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:20 AM   #4
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Big fan of my Corsair 750D. Classy looking, tons of space, and cools great. It’s getting older in design but I still love it.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:31 AM   #5
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

If you can deal with the slightly more gamer-y look, then there's also an airflow version of the r6 called the meshify s2.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:32 AM   #6
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

i have the corsair graphite 760. insane airflow. i would say just as much if not more than the beefy cooler master HAF cases, but none of the dust. the inside of my case is pretty much spotless because all the intake fans come with filters.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2019, 04:06 PM   #7
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Apparently most of the S2, S2 meshify and Vision s2 parts will work on an R6 as well. (They are after all R6's at heart, same tooling)

So while the R6 doesn't come with a psu top cover, you can buy them and use them in an R6.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2019, 04:22 PM   #8
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

I've had the R5 for about four years and love it. Another vote for the R6.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Corsair MP510 480GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2019, 09:56 PM   #9
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I think I have the 760T graphite as well.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2019, 08:28 AM   #10
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Appreciate the responses. I'm guessing this next build will be with me for a few years (at least), just want to make sure there isn't any "OMG must get" feature that has come out in the last year I hadn't heard of. One of the things I like about the R6 and S2 is the ability to hide the drives completely.

Also...why is the R6 Black (with white fans) about $30 less than the Blackout (with black fans)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2019, 05:59 PM   #11
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Still have my CaseLabs case from 2013.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34003634

EDIT: The case still looks brand new. It's built like a tank.

It's a damn shame that CaseLabs went out of business last year.

Last edited by andino : Jun 23, 2019 at 06:11 PM.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2019, 06:33 PM   #12
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
Still have my CaseLabs case from 2013.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34003634

EDIT: The case still looks brand new. It's built like a tank.

It's a damn shame that CaseLabs went out of business last year.

first I heard about it

no more parts for my monster

sure hope they don't change the MB back panel again if I can't get new draws now
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...&postcount=192
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2019, 06:49 PM   #13
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post
Appreciate the responses. I'm guessing this next build will be with me for a few years (at least), just want to make sure there isn't any "OMG must get" feature that has come out in the last year I hadn't heard of. One of the things I like about the R6 and S2 is the ability to hide the drives completely.

Also...why is the R6 Black (with white fans) about $30 less than the Blackout (with black fans)?
I guess because people want all black?

Old Jun 23, 2019, 06:57 PM   #14
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Basically unless you want glass, or built in RGB stuff, nothing much has changed.

Hell my Raven 2 is still one of the air cooling kings all these years later.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2019, 08:27 PM   #15
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

first I heard about it

no more parts for my monster

sure hope they don't change the MB back panel again if I can't get new draws now
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...&postcount=192
Not to get all political here but they blamed the increased costs in materials due to the tariffs.

It's a shame really. They made great cases. They were pricey but they were built like a tank. I can wholeheartedly see myself using this SM8 case for 10 more years. So in that regard, it was WELL worth the price I paid.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 08:56 PM   #16
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Work on my new baby InWin 928

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2019, 09:45 PM   #17
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
Not to get all political here but they blamed the increased costs in materials due to the tariffs.

It's a shame really. They made great cases. They were pricey but they were built like a tank. I can wholeheartedly see myself using this SM8 case for 10 more years. So in that regard, it was WELL worth the price I paid.
more like they were using cheap china dumped aluminum

if they can't use metal made here and stay in business they had more problems than just tariffs .
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:03 PM   #18
deadite_9
random and/or senseless

deadite_9 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydeadite_9 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
So while the R6 doesn't come with a psu top cover, you can buy them and use them in an R6.
You mean the top plate at the front of the shroud to block off the opening? No idea why they left that option out on the R6, but it would've been nice to have that from the beginning. I think the panel where the 3.5" drives mount on the R6 looks a little more elegant, but I have to admit that I like the horizontal brackets on the S2 better.

:: HDTV
Samsung Q8FN (4K QLED, 65") :: A/V Onkyo TX-RZ830 ::
:: UHD
Sony UBP-X700 :: BD Oppo BDP-83 :: CD Onkyo DX-C390 ::
:: PHONO
Technics SL-1200MK2 :: GAME Xbox One X + PS4 Pro ::
:: FRONT
JBL SCS300SAT + FS1000 :: SW HSU Research STF-2 ::
:: CENTER
JBL EC35 (Black Ash) :: LFE HSU Research VTF-2 MK5 ::
:: SURROUND L/R
JBL SCS300SAT :: SW HSU Research STF-2 ::
:: SURR BACK L/R
JBL SCS300SAT :: SW HSU Research STF-1 ::

:: CPU
Core i7 7820X (4.5GHz) :: MB ASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming ::
:: BIOS
1704 :: AIO Corsair H115i PRO + (2x) Noctua NF-A14 chromax ::
:: DDR4
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3000MHz (15-17-17-35) ::
:: GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition :: LCD Acer Predator XB241H ::
:: AUDIO
ROG SupremeFX (S1220A) :: SPEAKERS Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 ::
:: OS
Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903) :: NVME Samsung 960 PRO M.2 (512GB) ::
:: SSD
(1x) Samsung 850 PRO (512GB) + (3x) 850 EVO (1TB/1TB/1TB) ::
:: INPUT
Logitech G413 Silver + G MX518 + Xbox One Controller (wireless) ::
:: PSU
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 + CableMod Pro series (black/white) ::
:: CASE
Corsair Carbide Air 540 (silver, DEMCiflex intake filters) ::
:: FANS
(2x) Noctua NF-P14s redux + (1x) NF-P14r redux ::
deadite_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:14 PM   #19
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Like I said, I didn't want to get this political but all steel and aluminum prices increased across the board with the tariffs. Not just the stuff coming in from China. Larger companies like GM, Alcoa, and Sonoco felt the pain and had to decrease outlooks. Harley-Davidson did as well. Companies like Whirlpool just passed the increases on to the consumers. Smaller companies like CaseLabs just had to close because the cost increase outweighed the profits on the outstanding orders.

By the way, CaseLabs was a true Made In America company.

Their statement on their website was, "The tariffs have played a major role raising prices by almost 80 percent (partly due to associated shortages), which cut deeply into our margins. The default of a large account added greatly to the problem... We reached out for a possible deal that would allow us to continue on and persevere through these difficult times, but in the end, it didn’t happen.".

Shortages and increased prices killed them. In the end they had 16 people working on making cases. When the prices on metal increased they couldn't stay in business.

Still sucks. They made great products.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:36 PM   #20
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite_9 View Post
You mean the top plate at the front of the shroud to block off the opening? No idea why they left that option out on the R6, but it would've been nice to have that from the beginning. I think the panel where the 3.5" drives mount on the R6 looks a little more elegant, but I have to admit that I like the horizontal brackets on the S2 better.

Yea, they now sell the S2 version of that plate (the plain cover) on their spare parts page.

but the Vision S2 version is superior for utility.

They also sell the "S plate" or whatever you want to call it where you could mount water etc. That may be a drop in as well that would work in the R6, haven't heard of anyone trying but the PSU covers apparently work in the R6 no problem.

https://www.fractal-design-shop.de/D...-S-Plate-Black

https://www.fractal-design-shop.de/D...ud-Plate-Black

No vision s2 parts yet but it usually takes them a couple of months to have parts for the newest cases listed afaik.

Prices are not to crazy but shipping is a killer to north america it looks like

Old Jun 24, 2019, 03:24 PM   #21
Och
ATI Champion

Och is still being judged by the masses

They should start making more compact cases that no longer have slots for HDD/SDD, but still accommodate ATX motherboard with full height video card and high power PSU.
Och is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2019, 03:27 PM   #22
howard stern
Radeon Northern Islands

howard stern can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyhoward stern can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Corsair 780T is a fantastic case. Many options for water cooling and the power supply sits at the bottom of the case.
howard stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:20 PM   #23
Rummy
Radeon R700

Rummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:07 AM   #24
kaarel
Radeon R700

kaarel is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Och View Post
They should start making more compact cases that no longer have slots for HDD/SDD, but still accommodate ATX motherboard with full height video card and high power PSU.
Fractal Design Define C is more compact ATX case with no HDD rack. You have plenty of places to install 2.5" SSD-s though.
I have used several of these cases and own two of these. Good fit for WC and AIO. High quality minimalist design. I also considered R5 and R6 but they are unnecessary if you don't need extreme amounts of 3.5" HDD-s installed.
kaarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2019, 08:17 PM   #25
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird sings

I have the Fractal Meshify C TG, I really like it.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:05 PM   #26
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

I've been using a loan like pc-7hx for quite a while now. It's pretty basic but does a good job keeping my video card cool while being surprisingly quiet.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2019, 05:57 AM   #27
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

guys, what's the top 3 mid tower case now? and aside from obvious size difference what's the advantage or disadvantage by using just mid size tower vs full size? is it still make sense to use full size now or mid size is enough for a gaming build?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 06:35 AM   #28
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
guys, what's the top 3 mid tower case now? and aside from obvious size difference what's the advantage or disadvantage by using just mid size tower vs full size? is it still make sense to use full size now or mid size is enough for a gaming build?
Think it really come down to your cooling plan. Most mid towers can hold a single 240 radiator, but the full tower is going to give you more options on sizes and placements. Other consideration, some mid tower cases have a shorter GPU length based on the way it is built.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2019, 06:58 AM   #29
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
Think it really come down to your cooling plan. Most mid towers can hold a single 240 radiator, but the full tower is going to give you more options on sizes and placements. Other consideration, some mid tower cases have a shorter GPU length based on the way it is built.
I've narrowed it down to NZXT 700i and Corsair Carbide 678C, both have the white color option that I like...

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nzxt-h700i-atx-case/
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/c...-carbide-678c/

both can handle 3x140 fans on the top, that should be enough for the biggest CLC AIO isn't it? I Mean my current Obsidian 750D list the same fan compatibility...

I'm leaning more to the NZXT because it give me 4 free fans while the Corsair only give 3, the Corsair have much more flexible internal though.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 07:08 AM   #30
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
I've narrowed it down to NZXT 700i and Corsair Carbide 678C, both have the white color option that I like...

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nzxt-h700i-atx-case/
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/c...-carbide-678c/

both can handle 3x140 fans on the top, that should be enough for the biggest CLC AIO isn't it? I Mean my current Obsidian 750D list the same fan compatibility...

I'm leaning more to the NZXT because it give me 4 free fans while the Corsair only give 3, the Corsair have much more flexible internal though.
So you've gotta watch clearance values. They may hold a fan, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they can hold a fan + radiator in the same spot. Depending on your motherboard, the 6pin may be at the top of the board and cause issues with whatever cooling you're looking at as well.

I haven't really looked too much into the cases you linked, so can't comment on those two, but these are just more things to remember when choosing.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote