Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 22, 2019, 01:08 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
havn't seen (but definitely heard about) the speed hackers. i think if you spectate him after he kills you you can report by pressing "r" but not sure.
No report button yet. Have to record it then manually upload it to an address somewhere.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2019, 01:45 PM   #212
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

oh i see.

i've been landing skulltown more. i used to hate it but when i solo queue it's nice to get some quick action, as well as it makes you gun-play and movement better.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2019, 02:39 PM   #213
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I hate the connected buildings in skull town.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 22, 2019, 03:21 PM   #214
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

To be honest, the rush grab at the start is actually dumb in apex. In other arena games where anyone with a gun has a shot, for sure. I find its far better to land outside that scrum, grab some gear and if you get a decent amount rush in and kill the survivors, if not, head away out towards better gear.

9/10 times i start in the scrum, my team is whiped out and we have spent as much time in menus as we did in the game. 9/10 times i dont land in the scrum i come top 3, often second. Thats also probably only because i hold the team back, so we die to the uber leet other team
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2019, 04:40 PM   #215
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I hate the connected buildings in skull town.
it's really so dependent on your stuff. if you grab armor + shotgun or armor + assault rifle early, you can clean up.

I also think while yeah, you shouldnt normally be dropping usually right next to your team so you're not fighting for resources, in skull town it kindda works because then you can gang up as a squad of 3 in confined spaces.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 05:50 PM   #216
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Had an interesting match. My team members dropped out before we even got to pick characters. Game must have glitched. I decided to just goof around and played solo. Moved around much slower than normal collecting gear and avoiding other teams. Cleaned up after a few firefights ended and generally just snuck around. Playing solo you realize just how noisy other teams are. Just about everyone is stomping around and you can hear them from so far away. It is actually unnatural and disorienting because it sounds like they are right on you when they are far away. Got to the end against one other team and tried to pick them off but once I gave away my position they were all on me.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2019, 04:23 AM   #217
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

been playing more... couple interesting things happened...

i downed someone at longer range, and then began fighting another who ran at me at a closer range (from another squad). while were were fighting, the first guy's squad was wiped, and i got the message of kill confirmed. I stopped shooting for a moment because I thought that meant the guy I was currently fighting died. i couldn't see very well because had devotion. he ended up getting the better of me but then my squad picked me up

that said, the devotion absolutely MELTS if you hit your shots and have a turbocharger on it. spitfire does too though. just about every weapon is capable with attachments...
Old Mar 24, 2019, 04:27 AM   #218
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Spitfire is my fav weapon.

I got a gold R301 yesterday and melted everyone. Got like 8 kills and won. That thing is op.

Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:35 AM   #219
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Yea fully kitted 301 is a beast. R99 is a little faster tho I think, but the range isn’t as great. Both = easy mode
Old Mar 24, 2019, 02:51 PM   #220
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

My consistency is awful in this game lol. Either I'm killing everyone or I'm shooting like a potato. I do have tons of punch-kills though... early game, watch out for my fists and feet!
Jet Black is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2019, 03:32 PM   #221
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
My consistency is awful in this game lol. Either I'm killing everyone or I'm shooting like a potato. I do have tons of punch-kills though... early game, watch out for my fists and feet!
This is me aswell. Also, a lot of people underestimate goode punch game. It's hard to shoot your gun at someone punching you in the face.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 04:36 PM   #222
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
one reason i think it's so hard to be consistent is because early and mid game relies on loot SO much. sure VERY skilled players maybe rely on loot less but eventually I think you need it. also, a team working in sync together is VERY hard to defeat, regardless of loot. i've definitely been on little rolls before with randoms or premade teams and others just cut through us like we're not there. literally downing all 3 of us in a matter of seconds. maybe some are hackers but a lot of time if they work well together it's hard to stop.

Last edited by bob saget : Mar 24, 2019 at 04:45 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 07:59 PM   #223
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
one reason i think it's so hard to be consistent is because early and mid game relies on loot SO much. sure VERY skilled players maybe rely on loot less but eventually I think you need it. also, a team working in sync together is VERY hard to defeat, regardless of loot. i've definitely been on little rolls before with randoms or premade teams and others just cut through us like we're not there. literally downing all 3 of us in a matter of seconds. maybe some are hackers but a lot of time if they work well together it's hard to stop.
If we all still have white armor mid to late-game I think it's basically over. Those extra 25-50 HPs are huge.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 08:36 PM   #224
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Got a win with jet and a random friend who's the literal embodiment of death itself. good times
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:06 AM   #225
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Got a win with jet and a random friend who's the literal embodiment of death itself. good times
Yep. Got my first Winning Kill lol Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 03:33 AM   #226
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

It's why i friggen hate it when players run off by themselves, or wont wait for the other team members. Literally every single game where 1 or 2 players split up, has been a loss for my team.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 09:08 AM   #227
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
It's why i friggen hate it when players run off by themselves, or wont wait for the other team members. Literally every single game where 1 or 2 players split up, has been a loss for my team.
Yeah, I played with some randoms before bed last night, and this one dude I swear only took Octane so he could run away from us faster. I don't understand the point of that.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:59 AM   #228
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Yeah, I played with some randoms before bed last night, and this one dude I swear only took Octane so he could run away from us faster. I don't understand the point of that.
These are the worst guys with octane. Run off fast and grab everything and leave nothing for teammates. I dont understand why people cant comprehend that you cant solo and win 99% of the time. Share the weapons and share the load and you will have a way higher percentage of winning.

I have been switching legends during this season to keep my battle pass bonus going. I have tapped out Caustic bonus, so Ive been playing Pathfinder and then Octane will be next. Hopefully the week restarts(I dont know when the week restarts) and I dont have to use any other legends.

Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:29 PM   #229
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

A lot of people are not interested in playing the game. They just want a quick deathmatch. It was the same with pubg and fortnite originally. They come from cod and the new battlefield games and they cant understand the difference.

It's something that occured to me a while back. We hit a generation gap in the middle of our gaming, and a lot of todays players dont even know that real games exist. pvp shitcalling and phone games are all they know.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 03:04 PM   #230
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
I have been switching legends during this season to keep my battle pass bonus going. I have tapped out Caustic bonus, so Ive been playing Pathfinder and then Octane will be next. Hopefully the week restarts(I dont know when the week restarts) and I dont have to use any other legends.
I've been doing the same. I didn't mind Caustic though haven't put many hours in him. Octane and Lifeline are my two highest played... I even tried Gibraltar for a few rounds but sucked hard.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 03:25 PM   #231
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Idk if anyone here is still playing this but i am quite a bit. Season 2 comes out tomorrow and along with a new map (modified current map) there will be ranked mode and anew character. I didn't get season 1 as it was pretty literally a waste of money (just mostly crappy skins), I will be getting this season pass i think.

Old Jul 1, 2019, 03:29 PM   #232
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Been playing the crap out of it. Just solid mechanics and I like the map allot.

*edit* Oh and I don't find I have to spend any money to be competitive which is nice.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2019, 08:30 PM   #233
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Idk if anyone here is still playing this but i am quite a bit. Season 2 comes out tomorrow and along with a new map (modified current map) there will be ranked mode and anew character. I didn't get season 1 as it was pretty literally a waste of money (just mostly crappy skins), I will be getting this season pass i think.

I dont know why youll buy season 2 its the same thing. Skins for money over time if you can play enough to get them?

Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:15 PM   #234
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
I dont know why youll buy season 2 its the same thing. Skins for money over time if you can play enough to get them?
yeah you dont need to spend money for the major things and you could probably unlock the new hero just like caustic and octane (with the ingame tokens) but i kindda want to reward them for actually putting out a meaningful update with ranked mode and a newish map.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:46 AM   #235
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

looking forward to it. its a fantastic game
Old Jul 3, 2019, 07:26 PM   #236
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
yeah you dont need to spend money for the major things and you could probably unlock the new hero just like caustic and octane (with the ingame tokens) but i kindda want to reward them for actually putting out a meaningful update with ranked mode and a newish map.
No money needed. You can unlock the characters pretty easily just by playing normally. Hell you can unlock plenty of skins just playing normally.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2019, 09:05 PM   #237
logical
What is my purpose?

Ill probably get the season pass. I got the last season pass but this one looks better. I might even spring for the 25 level jump.

Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:38 PM   #238
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

i've been enjoying the ranked mode but it's honestly SOOO sweaty. people play super carefully and there are no easy kills at all... the new hero doesn't seem THAT great. very situational, along the lines of caustic. her finisher is epic though
Old Jul 4, 2019, 09:49 AM   #239
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

I definitely have the bug to play this again, though haven't seen many of my usual squad mates playing which sucks. It took me a few hours to get some of my rhythm back after 2+ months off, but now I'm anxious to play more.

As for the season: I'll probably pick it up if I level up a few. I don't mind supporting Respawn even if I don't actually have to spend money to be competitive or care about fancy skins.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 07:04 PM   #240
logical
What is my purpose?

New Solo update is out with a bunch of skins. Looks like its a big money grab. It will cost 160-170 bucks to get all the skins.

https://kotaku.com/new-apex-legends-...cks-1837247954

Also best game ever: