Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 25, 2018, 04:59 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Default Pathfinder: Kingmaker out

Searched for a thread about this but came up empty. So...

https://owlcatgames.com/

Anyone tried it yet?
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2018, 07:55 PM   #2
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

First I heard about it. Chris Avellone. Trailer is in german :/

Looks okay, bit floaty maybe.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2018, 08:48 PM   #3
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Looks interesting, but don't want to play another Real Time with Pause RPG at this time.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:06 AM   #4
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

I watched this game ever since its original anouncement. Was so excited for it, cause pathfinder is essenccially free use, so there was literally no reason not to make it similar to the pnp version.... then they ****ed it up by making a ****ing baldurs gate clone. I loved baldurs gate, but i am so sick of the real time turn based combat ****. its awful, its always been awful. Its as slow as regular turn based, with 3 times as many flaws and issues.

Was excited. Saw the beta before release... no longer care. such a shame. i mean, seriously, the pool of radiance game they made used real time map movement as well as turn based combat and it was excellent. Not a single game has tried it again since... wtf?
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2018, 06:32 AM   #5
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2018, 07:24 AM   #6
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I love CRPGs but I agree this one is too much of a clone of existing games as far as mechanics go. I wonder if the story is any good. I'm not familiar with the Pathfinder material.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 06:16 AM   #7
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

to get a better idea of the game, i'd advise to watch some streams like this one on Twitch

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Old Sep 27, 2018, 07:31 AM   #8
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

game has some strange difficulty spikes, needs a patch or two.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2018, 07:56 AM   #9
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

yeah, some fights are ridiculous hard

Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:07 PM   #10
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
yeah, some fights are ridiculous hard
someone mentioned they missed hitting the same wolf 50 times

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 01:11 PM   #11
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

yeah, wait until you encounter the spiders ^^

Old Sep 27, 2018, 04:02 PM   #12
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

hotfix 1.0.1 is live.

Quote:
The following major issues were fixed:

Issue with saves loading on Linux and Mac builds. Resolution: fixed.
Occasional exits to Main Menu while loading locations ("Error Message, Return to Title Screen"). Resolution: fixed.

Other improvements\fixes:

Quests
Romances with two companions simultaneously may cause an issue (never-ending loading). Resolution: fixed.

Areas
Oleg's Trading Post: oil trap is not visible. Resolution: fixed.

User Interfaces
Party companions can't be selected by ALt+N. Resolution: fixed.
The first game launch may take several minutes. Resolution: As a quick improvement added a warning about this issue on the initial loading screen. We will try to improve the first loading time in the upcoming hotfixes.
It's difficult to distinguish newly revealed areas on Global Map. Resolution: add FX and question symbol for recently revealed locations.
Issues with custom companion: the character model may be not visible in the Character UI. Resolution: fixed.
"Crow" (kingdom "messenger") may break Global Map UI. Resolution: fixed.
Specific combination of graphic options may break UI decals on several areas. Resolution: fixed.

Classes
Some tooltips with class descriptions have unclear wording. Resolution: improved.

System
Random crash on computers with specific time zone settings. Resolution: fixed.
Issue with switching game window between several displays. Resolution: fixed.
General game client stability improvements.

Localization
Several strings are missed in German localization. Resolution: fixed.
Special Characters were not visible (French and Turkish system localization settings). Resolution: fixed.
Several non-localized German strings. Resolution: fixed.

We are watching the situation with the balancing issues and listening to your comments and suggestions. We will address these issues in the upcoming hotfixes (some fixes for specific encounters will be available in the next hotfix which we are going to release in a day).

Quote:
Old May 13, 2019, 07:54 AM   #13
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Thread necro. I picked them game up for cheap and started playing. I love the old-school-style rules and the graphics are terrific. Filled with D&D tropes and cliches, but that's part of its charm. Can't comment on the difficulty yet. So far so good.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 08:27 PM   #14
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Thread necro 2. I got this game today and it seems really well made, like of comparable quality to Obsidian and Larian. I guess that's the benefit of waiting for a year of patches and polish. So far I'm loving every minute of it.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 12:04 AM   #15
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
Thread necro 2. I got this game today and it seems really well made, like of comparable quality to Obsidian and Larian. I guess that's the benefit of waiting for a year of patches and polish. So far I'm loving every minute of it.
It was quality from the start, just had some bugs. Though one of the reasons some pathfinder fans (myself included) never bothered with the game, was they had the chance to make a proper table top conversion to a video game, something like shadowrun and instead of that, or even going hybrid like original sin, they just made another ****ing crpg clone of the same game we've seen a million times already, and has sucked most of the time since they began.

Yeah it's quality, but so what.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 07:55 PM   #16
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

So your issue is with the combat?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 08:32 PM   #17
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
So your issue is with the combat?
more or less
Old Sep 2, 2019, 08:04 AM   #18
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
more or less
have you tried the turn based mod for it? Both pillars 2 and pathfinder have one now if you dont like the real time system
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2019, 09:24 AM   #19
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

no, i'll look into that. that would be cool! Thanks for letting me know.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:02 AM   #20
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
no, i'll look into that. that would be cool! Thanks for letting me know.
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/109

looks pretty good
CFX 290
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Old Sep 3, 2019, 12:07 AM   #21
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

hmm, watched some vids and the people in them make a goode point. The combat snt designed for it, and so it slows the game game way to much.

I'll keep looking in case there is one that also lowers the health of enemies, in order to speed up the game though.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 07:23 AM   #22
Andy22
Radeon R600

Andy22 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
hmm, watched some vids and the people in them make a goode point. The combat snt designed for it, and so it slows the game game way to much.

I'll keep looking in case there is one that also lowers the health of enemies, in order to speed up the game though.
Give it a shot...I started from the get go using the turn based mod and do not find it slows the game down at all because I am used to it. You can hot key it on/off very easily if you need to. I absolutely love the turn based mod and how it adds so much more strategy to combat. I have put in almost 200 hours to the game now and like it more than both POE games and put it right there with DOS 1/2.
Andy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2019, 08:03 AM   #23
Brainstew
The Nameless One

The combat is frustrating and I agree that turn based would have been infinitely better. Is there a way to make your people hold position to control a choke point? I also find myself having to keep going into the inventory mid fight to drag another single alchemist fire onto my belt so I can throw it. Surely there is a more efficient way of doing this? I have debuffs that say I need to rest to remove them, so I set up a camp fire and rest, but they are still there.

I feel like half the people that play this game must quit at the stupid ****ing spiderling cave.

Last edited by Brainstew : Sep 5, 2019 at 08:30 AM.
Brainstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2019, 06:15 AM   #24
Andy22
Radeon R600

Quote:
The combat is frustrating and I agree that turn based would have been infinitely better. Is there a way to make your people hold position to control a choke point? I also find myself having to keep going into the inventory mid fight to drag another single alchemist fire onto my belt so I can throw it. Surely there is a more efficient way of doing this? I have debuffs that say I need to rest to remove them, so I set up a camp fire and rest, but they are still there.

I feel like half the people that play this game must quit at the stupid ****ing spiderling cave.
Yeah I find that only having one of the items go to your belt is annoying. But the alchemist fire knocks down the swarms pretty easily. Game is definitely worth investing your time into. I can't believe how long it is and how much I don't want it to end.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 07:09 AM   #25
Higgy10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy22 View Post
Yeah I find that only having one of the items go to your belt is annoying. But the alchemist fire knocks down the swarms pretty easily. Game is definitely worth investing your time into. I can't believe how long it is and how much I don't want it to end.
its next up on my list, just finishing up poe2 now(insanely hard on potd with level scaling) I dont know squat about the pathfinder rules system tho
CFX 290
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Old Sep 6, 2019, 09:58 AM   #26
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
its next up on my list, just finishing up poe2 now(insanely hard on potd with level scaling) I dont know squat about the pathfinder rules system tho
its dnd 3.5 edition
Old Sep 11, 2019, 07:00 PM   #27
Brainstew
The Nameless One

I tweaked a bunch of options in the difficulty and game play settings and am having much more fun now.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 08:57 PM   #28
Brainstew
The Nameless One

This game would have been so much better if it had turn based combat (actually designed for it, not modded in).
Old Sep 28, 2019, 12:40 AM   #29
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
This game would have been so much better if it had turn based combat (actually designed for it, not modded in).
Right! They missed the mark completely trying to clone shitty dnd crpg mechanics instead of copying better ones or making their own.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 06:18 AM   #30
Andy22
Radeon R600

Quote:
There is an awesome mod which adds in turn based combat that completely changes the game for the better. I played the whole game with it. You can easily bring it up and turn it off in game for bigger "easy" battles.

Edit...I see you said "non modded". But really it works as well as if it were part of the game.