Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Aug 13, 2019, 03:22 PM   #3571
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Maybe the AMD Navi code named "Nvidia killer" will be out before 10 months.
then the RTX 3080 ti will drop a week later
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 04:36 PM   #3572
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
then the RTX 3080 ti will drop a week later
Not if it’s released soon It wont. They should release in the next 2 months if they can. And if anything it should drop these ridiculous prices.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 04:50 PM   #3573
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Not if it’s released soon It wont. They should release in the next 2 months if they can. And if anything it should drop these ridiculous prices.
the "Nvidia killer" is said to be 2020 and so is the 3080 ti

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...&postcount=254

and unless the Navi 21 and Navi 23 are out first and is as fast as a 3080 and 3080 ti NV will not drop prices one bit, if they don't raise them and blame tariffs

Last edited by bill dennison : Aug 13, 2019 at 04:57 PM.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 13, 2019, 04:57 PM   #3574
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
the "Nvidia killer" is said to be 2020 and so is the 3080 ti

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...&postcount=254

and unless the Navi 21 and Navi 23 is as fast as a 3080 and 3080 ti NV will not drop prices one bit, if they don't raise them and blame tariffs
In any case I think if you have not paid the price for the 2080 ti yet your much better off waiting on the next cards at this point.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 05:00 PM   #3575
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
In any case I think if you have not paid the price for the 2080 ti yet your much better off waiting on the next cards at this point.

true

as you have wasted a full year of the 2080 ti's product life cycle

and NV is mostly of a 18 to 20 month cycle
Old Aug 13, 2019, 09:18 PM   #3576
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Quote:
true

as you have wasted a full year of the 2080 ti's product life cycle

and NV is mostly of a 18 to 20 month cycle
I beg to differ, I think we have another 9 months of the 2080Ti being king of the hill.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 09:54 PM   #3577
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I beg to differ, I think we have another 9 months of the 2080Ti being king of the hill.

18 to 20 month cycle is 6 to 8 months more ……

…… so you want to add one … ok

but I think Q1 next year
Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:29 PM   #3578
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:

18 to 20 month cycle is 6 to 8 months more ……

…… so you want to add one … ok

but I think Q1 next year
I'll meet you half way: late March to mid April 2020?

yoz
Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:40 PM   #3579
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I'll meet you half way: late March to mid April 2020?
with a free cyberpunk 2077 I already bought

now if NV will stay on target

…..

looking at cyberpunk 2077 this 2080 ti Strix is looking a little slow for 4k
Old Aug 14, 2019, 01:16 AM   #3580
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I really think Cyberpunk might be the only game worth upgrading for. There is literally nothing else on the horizon. This time even the Q4 season doesn’t have any games I am interested in.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 08:17 AM   #3581
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Thinking about going from my 1080Ti Strix to a 2080Ti Strix. Really dont want to wait another year.

Someone help talk me into it.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 09:11 AM   #3582
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I really think Cyberpunk might be the only game worth upgrading for. There is literally nothing else on the horizon. This time even the Q4 season doesn’t have any games I am interested in.
OK, I better not catch you buying any of the games I mentioned then.

Don't you like shooters?

Oh wait! I see you got Control......

yoz
Old Aug 14, 2019, 09:11 AM   #3583
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Thinking about going from my 1080Ti Strix to a 2080Ti Strix. Really dont want to wait another year.

Done, say 9 months but same difference.

yoz
Old Aug 14, 2019, 09:12 AM   #3584
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

Sell the Vette and you can buy as many 2080Ti's as you'd like.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 09:15 AM   #3585
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Sell the Vette and you can buy as many 2080Ti's as you'd like.
OK, let's not talk crazy now!

yoz
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:03 AM   #3586
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
OK, I better not catch you buying any of the games I mentioned then.

Don't you like shooters?

Oh wait! I see you got Control......
Hey acroig, I do like a lot of games. The only game with some remote possibility of pushing a 1080 Ti is GR BP. I may get it next year anyways since I am boycotting buying Ubi games on release as they get marked down quite fast. Unless GR is bundled and I can nab for a 30.

Other than that please do tell which games require a 2080 Ti. I have no interest in older games like Metro or BFV since for latter I need to play above 100 FPS in MP which the 1080 Ti provides.

Control seems like a good demo for RTX but we will see when we get there at end of the month.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:51 AM   #3587
Nascar24

Quote:

Use that cash for the next card, don't pay over $1200 for a card that's obsolete in 9 months if that.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 01:10 PM   #3588
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Use that cash for the next card, don't pay over $1200 for a card that's obsolete in 9 months if that.
You really think the next card will be CHEAPER?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 02:25 PM   #3589
Nascar24

Quote:
You really think the next card will be CHEAPER?
Definitely will be ONLY if AMD gets it right this time. If not Nvidia will continue to rape us. I’m more thinking performance wise though. Should not be anymore then the prices are right now for I’m sure better performance in RTX on and off.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 02:46 PM   #3590
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Definitely will be ONLY if AMD gets it right this time. If not Nvidia will continue to rape us. I’m more thinking performance wise though. Should not be anymore then the prices are right now for I’m sure better performance in RTX on and off.
ok same price or higher for 30% more performance
Old Aug 14, 2019, 03:41 PM   #3591
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Isn't it better to wait then because 30% more Ray Tracing performance is surely worth it than buying now with 30% less. Seems logical to me.
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon Pulse 5700XT, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 03:54 PM   #3592
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Isn't it better to wait then because 30% more Ray Tracing performance is surely worth it than buying now with 30% less. Seems logical to me.
depends if you feel like waiting a year for it or want it now
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 04:02 PM   #3593
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

I've been thoroughly pleased with my 2080Ti performance since the day I got it.

If no new cards until next year, it's still not too late to get one if highest performance is what matters to you. These new low and mid tier cards from AMD/Nvidia aren't really aimed for high end gamers.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 04:37 PM   #3594
Nascar24

Quote:
I doubt it, if there is competition cards are not going to be going for $1300 to $1800, I laughed at the kingpin price. Total joke what high end pricing is at right now.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 04:39 PM   #3595
Nascar24

Quote:
Exactly, and it’s going to be shorter then a year with AMD high end coming out. There is intel coming as well but doubt they will be high end.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 04:57 PM   #3596
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I've been thoroughly pleased with my 2080Ti performance since the day I got it.

If no new cards until next year, it's still not too late to get one if highest performance is what matters to you. These new low and mid tier cards from AMD/Nvidia aren't really aimed for high end gamers.
Most of the people on this site don't game at 4K so don't really need a 2080ti. We tend to make our purchases at the resolution we game at be it 1080/1440p so yeah we aren't enthusiast gamers. I have zero interest in spending >$£1,000 for a graphics card let's call it my 'Red Line'. I can but I won't as I don't need that level of performance but that's an individual thing and if you do then congratulations.

What I was intimating was there are a lot of 1080ti owners on here who haven't bothered upgrading to the 2080ti so why would they spend $£1,000 now and in <12 months a card comes out that is 30% faster? Surely you'd just wait because if you spent $£1,000 on a 2080ti now what do you do when the new card comes out? Spend another $£1,000 so essentially you've spent $£2,000 in less than 12 months, seriously?
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon Pulse 5700XT, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 05:45 PM   #3597
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

god how many uninformed people are going to continue spreading this BS that a 2080TI is only needed for 4K. It’s the perfect 1440P high refresh rate card. The 2080 doesn’t push enough frames at 1440P to make 144-165Hz possible.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 08:45 PM   #3598
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I doubt it, if there is competition cards are not going to be going for $1300 to $1800, I laughed at the kingpin price. Total joke what high end pricing is at right now.

but there won't be from what I read AMD is shooting for 2020 H1 and beating the 2080 ti not the 3080 ti or even the 3080 non ti ( that will beat the 2080 ti also)
or whatever they call the next top two RTX cards

it may help a bit if they release at the same time with the 3080 non ti and they are close to it and AMD can price it lower (they may not )

but the 3080 ti will be over the 1k price point

unless AMD stops trying to beat NVidia last card and not the new one .
this was fine when CFX worked and you could get two AMD cards and blow away a single top NV card
not now

Last edited by bill dennison : Aug 14, 2019 at 08:51 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 09:05 PM   #3599
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
What I was intimating was there are a lot of 1080ti owners on here who haven't bothered upgrading to the 2080ti so why would they spend $£1,000 now and in <12 months a card comes out that is 30% faster? Surely you'd just wait because if you spent $£1,000 on a 2080ti now what do you do when the new card comes out? Spend another $£1,000 so essentially you've spent $£2,000 in less than 12 months, seriously?
This entire paragraph makes zero sense to me. Cards have been somewhat released once every year, and a lot of us have been upgrading every single year since the late 90's. Sometimes a generation or two is skipped, but generally that's how I've been doing it. It's not absurd for people to go from one card to another in 12 months. The only thing that's changed is the price. And people aren't going to spend $1000, then another $1000 12 months later. They're going to sell the old card and spend $400 or whatever the difference is. Either way, substantially less. I've been doing that with hardware since 1999. What are people doing with the card that's only a generation old?

In my case, I have a 1080Ti. I wouldn't be spending $1240 cash for a Strix, I'd sell the 1080Ti.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 09:28 PM   #3600
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
This entire paragraph makes zero sense to me. Cards have been somewhat released once every year, and a lot of us have been upgrading every single year since the late 90's. Sometimes a generation or two is skipped, but generally that's how I've been doing it. It's not absurd for people to go from one card to another in 12 months. The only thing that's changed is the price. And people aren't going to spend $1000, then another $1000 12 months later. They're going to sell the old card and spend $400 or whatever the difference is. Either way, substantially less. I've been doing that with hardware since 1999. What are people doing with the card that's only a generation old?

In my case, I have a 1080Ti. I wouldn't be spending $1240 cash for a Strix, I'd sell the 1080Ti.
I don't I move cards down to other systems or give them to my sister

In my case, I have a 1080Ti Strix and a RTX 2080 TI Strix

the 1080 ti is going in my shed for my bike trainer as soon as the 3080 ti hits

and NV has been on about 18 month cycles or more for years not counting the small chip cards

780 ti November 2013

980 ti June 2015

1080 ti March 2017

2080 ti September 2018

Last edited by bill dennison : Aug 14, 2019 at 09:47 PM.