Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jul 2, 2019, 06:36 PM   #3451
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

After seeing the reviews, the 1080 Ti is still a champion Man I should have picked up one of those ****ers when they were on sale here.

Oh well, I'll wait for the 3080
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2019, 08:19 PM   #3452
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

It's still cuckoobananapants that we're getting 1080ti performance three years later for $500, but it's a whole lot easier/gayer to swallow.

AMD needs to realize Nvidia is playing by prison rules. No rings, no shoes, let's dance jacket boy.

Lower the XT to $350 and watch Nvidia shat a baby.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2019, 08:31 PM   #3453
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Yes, release after release, NV just shits on AMD. They just need to make a proper flagship card and be done with it.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 2, 2019, 09:20 PM   #3454
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

2070 Super with 2 games on release for 500 is great value.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2019, 09:26 PM   #3455
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Yes, release after release, NV just shits on AMD. They just need to make a proper flagship card and be done with it.
AMD is busy currently kicking intel nuts up into their nostrils give them time

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34049583

they seem to be working on the gpu side now
but I don't think we will get a flagship card till next year
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2019, 06:45 AM   #3456
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
2070 Super with 2 games on release for 500 is great value.
If SLI was what it used to be I'd have gotten 2 of those.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2019, 07:05 PM   #3457
Megaman
Packing heat!

Old Jul 4, 2019, 04:23 PM   #3458
SSXeon
CAPS CAPS CAPS

SSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Hmm, I might have to wait then. April release to coincide with cyberpunk?

Thermaltake Core V51
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7Ghz (1.23V)
Wrath Spire HSF w/ MX4 @ 2500RPM
MSI B350 Tomahawk
16GB Corsair LPX 2400Mhz 14-16-16-31
500GB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD (OS)
2TB WD Red HDD
4TB WD Red HDD
Nvidia RTX 2080 SUPER FE 8GB @ 1650/1935/7751Mhz
Dell 27" S2716DG 1440p @ 144Hz
Razor DeathAdder 6400dpi Mouse
Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard
Xbox One Wireless Controller
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WHQL 436.15

Coolermaster N200
Intel Core-i3 4170 @ 3.7Ghz
Xigmatek 1283 HSF + Thermaltake CL-F005
MSI H81M-P33
8GB Corsair Vengence 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24
500GB WD Blue HDD (OS)
2TB WD Red HDD
2TB WD Red HDD
Intel HD 4400 350/1150Mhz
Corsair CX600 PSU
Dell 21.5" S2209WB 1080p @ 60Hz
Razor Lachesis 5400dpi Mouse
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
WHQL 15.36.28.4332

Thermaltake Versa H15
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X @ 3.5Ghz
Wrath Stealth HSF w/ MX4
8GB Corsair LPX 2400Mhz 14-16-16-31
1TB WD Blue HDD (OS)
EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB @ 1216/1367/3500MHz
Oculus Rift Touch
Samsung 55" MU6290 HDR 2160p @ 60Hz
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
WHQL 388.00

Dell Latitude 5270
Intel Core-i5 6300u @ 2.4Ghz
4GB DDR4 2133Mhz
Intel HD 520 300/1050Mhz
Dell 12.5" 768p @ 60Hz
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WHQL 20.19.15.4390

SSXeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2019, 04:32 PM   #3459
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

didn't Samsung work on the first Vega with globalfoundries ?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 08:34 AM   #3460
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

What are the top 3 2080Ti's out there right now Non Watercooled versions?
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2019, 09:40 AM   #3461
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
What are the top 3 2080Ti's out there right now Non Watercooled versions?
I bet I know what Bill will say to this!

yoz
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:23 AM   #3462
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I am looking at the Strix or possibly the Matrix
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:01 PM   #3463
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Hapa I thought you were waiting for 2080 Ti Super.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:02 PM   #3464
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
I am looking at the Strix or possibly the Matrix
Yeah, both great. Same price?

yoz
Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:02 PM   #3465
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
No such thing is coming.

yoz
Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:28 PM   #3466
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
There's nothing coming for a Ti Super.

More then likely there will not be anymore releases until Spring/Summer 2020.

The 2080Ti is it for now.

Supposedly there is supposed to be a $200 price drop on the Ti when the 2080 Super is released. I am holding out for my Bday in a few weeks and might get myself something then.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 01:26 PM   #3467
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

price drop may come to Ti FE's

but I don't think it will hit the likes of the Strix or Matrix

there is a 120 promo on a watercooled right now

RTX 2080 TI SEA HAWK EK

https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-r...82E16814137353

tempting but I don't know if the NVlink would match my strix
with a game I already preordered

Last edited by bill dennison : Jul 6, 2019 at 01:37 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 01:33 PM   #3468
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
price drop may come to Ti FE's

but I don't think it will hit the likes of the Strix or Matrix
If that, I dont see why nv would drop prices on any of the Tis.

yoz
Old Jul 6, 2019, 01:40 PM   #3469
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
If that, I dont see why nv would drop prices on any of the Tis.
true

looks like we were the smart ones got near a years worth of 2080 ti game play the late comers won't

by the time the 3080 ti hits it will be near 2 years of use
Old Jul 6, 2019, 02:35 PM   #3470
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
true

looks like we were the smart ones got near a years worth of 2080 ti game play the late comers won't

maybe but i still dont feel great about what i paid for the 2080
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2019, 02:43 PM   #3471
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
true

Yeah, there won't be any substantial price drops on a 2080Ti until next gen hits. I already got my money's worth, as did the rest of the early adopters. Those that held out due to price and were vocal about it, well it's amusing to see them buy a 2080ti one by one.

I will say a 2070 Super or 2080 Super will be a good buy for those who've had a 1080 class GPU or similar and did wait it out until now.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2019, 02:55 PM   #3472
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I will say a 2070 Super or 2080 Super will be a good buy for those who've had a 1080 class GPU or similar and did wait it out until now.
Agreed.

yoz
Old Jul 6, 2019, 02:57 PM   #3473
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Damn that seahawk is cheaper than air cooled cards after that discount.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2019, 03:52 PM   #3474
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Damn that seahawk is cheaper than air cooled cards after that discount.
yea if sli worked better and they had a flexible nvlink
Old Jul 6, 2019, 06:24 PM   #3475
SSXeon
CAPS CAPS CAPS

SSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
There's nothing coming for a Ti Super.

More then likely there will not be anymore releases until Spring/Summer 2020.

The 2080Ti is it for now.

Supposedly there is supposed to be a $200 price drop on the Ti when the 2080 Super is released. I am holding out for my Bday in a few weeks and might get myself something then.
$200 price drop??? OOOOOOO really? so the MSRP would be $799, and better binned chips will be $999? I really hope so. I still think the 2080 super should be $599, the ~20% performance over the 2070 super isn't worth the 40% increase in cost. Lets wait and see, that sounds too good to be true.

Thermaltake Core V51
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7Ghz (1.23V)
Wrath Spire HSF w/ MX4 @ 2500RPM
MSI B350 Tomahawk
16GB Corsair LPX 2400Mhz 14-16-16-31
2TB WD Red HDD
4TB WD Red HDD
Nvidia RTX 2080 SUPER FE 8GB @ 1650/1935/7751Mhz
Dell 27" S2716DG 1440p @ 144Hz
Razor DeathAdder 6400dpi Mouse
Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard
Xbox One Wireless Controller
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WHQL 436.15

Coolermaster N200
Intel Core-i3 4170 @ 3.7Ghz
Xigmatek 1283 HSF + Thermaltake CL-F005
MSI H81M-P33
8GB Corsair Vengence 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24
500GB WD Blue HDD (OS)
2TB WD Red HDD
2TB WD Red HDD
Intel HD 4400 350/1150Mhz
Corsair CX600 PSU
Dell 21.5" S2209WB 1080p @ 60Hz
Razor Lachesis 5400dpi Mouse
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
WHQL 15.36.28.4332

Thermaltake Versa H15
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X @ 3.5Ghz
Wrath Stealth HSF w/ MX4
8GB Corsair LPX 2400Mhz 14-16-16-31
1TB WD Blue HDD (OS)
EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB @ 1216/1367/3500MHz
Oculus Rift Touch
Samsung 55" MU6290 HDR 2160p @ 60Hz
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
WHQL 388.00

Dell Latitude 5270
Intel Core-i5 6300u @ 2.4Ghz
4GB DDR4 2133Mhz
Intel HD 520 300/1050Mhz
Dell 12.5" 768p @ 60Hz
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WHQL 20.19.15.4390

SSXeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2019, 06:53 PM   #3476
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSXeon View Post
$200 price drop??? OOOOOOO really? so the MSRP would be $799, and better binned chips will be $999? I really hope so. I still think the 2080 super should be $599, the ~20% performance over the 2070 super isn't worth the 40% increase in cost. Lets wait and see, that sounds too good to be true.
I don't see that price drop happening to be honest. What reason would nv have to do this?

yoz
Old Jul 6, 2019, 08:26 PM   #3477
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
I don't see that price drop happening to be honest. What reason would nv have to do this?
To sell more Ti's? I refuse to spend that money on a card, and I could easily afford it. I'm not letting them think that price point is acceptable.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2019, 08:34 PM   #3478
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
More sales, its obvious that the entire line was overpriced as the Super's are being released at lower or equal to the original line that they are replacing.

It would make sense to drop the Ti as well and try to sell more.

Watch the latest JaysTwoCents video, he discuss' the prices and drops in it. I hope its true.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 09:27 PM   #3479
KAC
That postcount though...

I think a 2080 Ti at 799 would be a steal.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 09:30 PM   #3480
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

EVGA FTW3 Ultra has the highest power limit OOB of any 2080TI variant. It’s cooling better than the STRIX my dad had. He replaced a non-A STRIX with a FTW3 Ultra as well. It’s running as cool as a cucumber at higher speeds w/ more wattage.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote