Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

View Poll Results: Are you a Fanboy?
Nope. I buy whichever card gives me the best performance for the money. 33 68.75%
Yep. ATI fanboy. 9 18.75%
Yep. nVidia fanboy. 6 12.50%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 26, 2007, 05:03 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
genci88
lololololol

genci88 is still being judged by the masses

Red face Are you a Fanboy?

Yep, I can safely say that I'm an ATI fanboy. There is no way in hell I would buy an nVidia card even if it offered more performance for the money (which it currently doesn't IMO).

For example: If I had the choice of getting either a top of the line 8800gtx or an HD2900XT for the same price, I would get the HD2900XT even though I know that it is slower.

It may seem stupid, I know, but I like to support ATI more.

I have had an ATI card since I first started using PCs almost a decade ago (my first GPU was a 8mb Rage IIc), and I will continue to do so until ATI ceases to exist.

EDIT: Also I am a hardcore AMD fanboy too.

- The hardest thing about getting a Mac is telling your parents that you're gay.

- If I had the choice between being gay and owning a Mac, I would rather be gay, because if I owned a Mac I would be both gay and own a horrible computer.

- Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests comfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Mac OSX is like.

Last edited by genci88 : Jul 26, 2007 at 05:06 PM.
genci88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 05:10 PM   #2
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

The main reason I stood by ATI for all these years was because of their IQ. I've had GeForce 2s, and they didn't come close to the IQ offered by ATI, even in the Mach64/Rage LT chips.
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 05:15 PM   #3
genci88
lololololol

genci88 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViCyniC View Post
The main reason I stood by ATI for all these years was because of their IQ. I've had GeForce 2s, and they didn't come close to the IQ offered by ATI, even in the Mach64/Rage LT chips.
One of my reasons too.

When I was using a 9600Pro as my primary card, for some reason I had to temporarily replace it with a Geforce4 MX440 I had lying around. And holy crap the desktop picture was very blurry when compared to the 9600. Same with a Geforce2 I tried later on.

Sure people say that these days IQ is the same, but still...

- The hardest thing about getting a Mac is telling your parents that you're gay.

- If I had the choice between being gay and owning a Mac, I would rather be gay, because if I owned a Mac I would be both gay and own a horrible computer.

- Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests comfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Mac OSX is like.
genci88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 26, 2007, 05:29 PM   #4
pixie69
Not in the face!

pixie69 is still being judged by the masses

Fanboy - marketing mans wet dream.

Whats the difference?
Old Jul 26, 2007, 05:33 PM   #5
vazel
Banned

vazel is still being judged by the masses

I'm so used to x360 fanboys it's almost come as a shock that there's still fanboys left for other things.
vazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 06:19 PM   #6
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i think i may be an nvidiot

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 06:25 PM   #7
phial
no things

phial is still being judged by the masses

Ive matured in my recent years.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 06:26 PM   #8
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

I'm ATI fanboy...but sad, I still had green card. I have to wait for upgrade yet.

EDIT: I'm also Intel fanboy.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 06:28 PM   #9
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

next set will probably be dual 8800's, i've generally stuck with ati though, this round they seem to have lost hard though.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 06:30 PM   #10
Hordsak
Radeon Sea Islands

Hordsak is still being judged by the masses

By being a fanboy, your just kicking yourself in the nuts. I buy whatever product will give me the best results for my money. And that's just not computer hardware, it's also things like clothes and cars ect.
Secondly, it would be more amicable to omit 'OFN' and like phrases which appear to carry some sort of inter-pragmatic content designed to be offensive, jarring, chastising, or otherwise infelicitous in a manner contextually relevant. If it's just that it's old or old news to you, go find something else to read.
Any Violators of Filburts rule will be reported by me.
Hordsak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 12:01 AM   #11
infowar
Banned

infowar is still being judged by the masses

i am an nvidia fan because of a long running issue with ati catalyst drivers that caused me to lose data.
i don't really care who has the fastest card.
infowar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 12:06 AM   #12
ADVERSiTY
lolwtf

ADVERSiTY is still being judged by the masses

I buy based on what I like or what benefits me, I don't care what name is stamped on it. That applies to everything, not just electronics.
ADVERSiTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 12:07 AM   #13
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Used to, then I grew up.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 12:30 AM   #14
Cloud
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Cloud is still being judged by the masses

I've owned four ATI cards in my life:
9200: quickly returned after it sucked hard
9600: good card, didn't keep it long though
9800: Defective when received
9800: Defective again when received.

After that, I jumped to a 5800, which was a terrible mistake. Finally, I got a 6800GT to which I use today... and I still love it.

But my system is oooolllldddd....

I was a fan of the 9x00 series even though I received two defectives in a row... but the 6x00 series is my favorite generation.

I've never owned a computer on an AMD platform for some reason... dunno why.
» 8GB GeIL Black Dragon DDR2 RAM
» SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4850
» Microsoft Windows 7 Build 7100
» 2x Hanns·G 28" Monitors 3840x1200
Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 12:47 AM   #15
WarChilde
Radeon R520

WarChilde is still being judged by the masses

I've liked ATi since I bought a 7500. Before that I was a 3DFX'er hardcore, 4500 RIP.

I prefer intel to AMD, does that make me evil? nah, didn't think so.

Last edited by WarChilde : Jul 27, 2007 at 12:47 AM. Reason: spelling
WarChilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 12:52 AM   #16
Ryoko
Excessively retarded

Ryoko is still being judged by the masses

used to be a softcore nvidia fanboy when i bought my gf3... but i've since lost the company favoritism.
Ryoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 12:57 AM   #17
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Whatever is best bang for the buck for quality/performance.
Used to have a Radeon 8500, then I bought the Geforce4TI4400...then I read reveiws on the X1950pro so I bought that for my new system. If I was to buy a card right now, it would probably be a Nvidia 8800 series.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 12:59 AM   #18
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

I can be considered a fanboy I guess. But heres how it works. I will buy whoever has the better performance/IQ at the time for the $ if its equal or close, I will easily go ATI.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote