Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jul 27, 2019, 07:13 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Stick to the 750D. Still one of the best cases out, especially for the sleek appearance.

The NZXT H710i does look nice though.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Last edited by Nunz : Jul 27, 2019 at 07:57 AM.
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2019, 08:18 AM   #32
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I have to say I am less than 100% thrilled with my define R6. I converted it to open layout so I could see all the pretty RGB on my front mounted h115i, and it was beyond difficult, IDK what the problem was. One of the included fans doesn't work, and while I love the way the front panel detaches w/o all the ports/wires.....it makes moving the case a pain. After finishing the build and testing, I picked it up to move it....and my hand that was on the bottom slid out with the filter and then off with the bottom of the front panel, causing the whole thing to drop a foot or so onto the carpet-on-concrete floor. Scared the **** out of me (and shook the gpu power cable loose).

Also, the "snap on" glass side panel doesn't want to stay snapped in, I have the thumbscrews it ships with in there to keep it secured. Don't know if it was like that before that drop or not.

I heard/read great things about this case, I feel like must have got the token bad one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2019, 08:34 AM   #33
deadite_9
random and/or senseless

deadite_9 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydeadite_9 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post
Also, the "snap on" glass side panel doesn't want to stay snapped in, I have the thumbscrews it ships with in there to keep it secured. Don't know if it was like that before that drop or not.

I heard/read great things about this case, I feel like must have got the token bad one.
Dunno. My TG side panel snaps on with a pretty resounding "thud" and feels very secure. I also put the thumb screws in, but that's only because I'm weird and want it to match the other side (and not because they're needed).

I do agree that the open layout can make things a pain, though.

:: HDTV
Samsung Q8FN (4K QLED, 65") :: A/V Onkyo TX-RZ830 ::
:: UHD
Sony UBP-X700 :: BD Oppo BDP-83 :: CD Onkyo DX-C390 ::
:: PHONO
Technics SL-1200MK2 :: GAME Xbox One X + PS4 Pro ::
:: FRONT
JBL SCS300SAT + FS1000 :: SW HSU Research STF-2 ::
:: CENTER
JBL EC35 (Black Ash) :: LFE HSU Research VTF-2 MK5 ::
:: SURROUND L/R
JBL SCS300SAT :: SW HSU Research STF-2 ::
:: SURR BACK L/R
JBL SCS300SAT :: SW HSU Research STF-1 ::

:: CPU
Core i7 7820X (4.5GHz) :: MB ASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming ::
:: BIOS
1704 :: AIO Corsair H115i PRO + (2x) Noctua NF-A14 chromax ::
:: DDR4
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3000MHz (15-17-17-35) ::
:: GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition :: LCD Acer Predator XB241H ::
:: AUDIO
ROG SupremeFX (S1220A) :: SPEAKERS Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 ::
:: OS
Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903) :: NVME Samsung 960 PRO M.2 (512GB) ::
:: SSD
(1x) Samsung 850 PRO (512GB) + (3x) 850 EVO (1TB/1TB/1TB) ::
:: INPUT
Logitech G413 Silver + G MX518 + Xbox One Controller (wireless) ::
:: PSU
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 + CableMod Pro series (black/white) ::
:: CASE
Corsair Carbide Air 540 (silver, DEMCiflex intake filters) ::
:: FANS
(2x) Noctua NF-P14s redux + (1x) NF-P14r redux ::
deadite_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 27, 2019, 09:25 AM   #34
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Stick to the 750D. Still one of the best cases out, especially for the sleek appearance.

I wish it had a psu shroud though... ugh
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2019, 09:36 AM   #35
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I have the Fractal R6 myself. ****ing amazing case, whisper quiet yet amazing cooling capability. Highly recommended.
For the money, it's hard to beat FD IMHO. I have a define S which has been perfect for me. Even picked up an aftermarket tempered glass window for it off amazon not that long ago.

Excellent air flow for a mid tower.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:17 AM   #36
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

well can't do that as I plan to use both, besides I'm bored with black fugly case lol...

is the smart case thing any good? I mean on the reviews reviewers talked about integrated apps that can work with other nzxt products, but I honestly don't want that, I want the old school style, all fans regulated by motherboard... and as evident that I never use that kind of stuff before, heck I still haven't had any of those new age RGB stuff, I can't help but wonder.

wouldn't those fans and rgb apps conflicts with the motherboard functionality that control the same stuffs (at least the fans behavior)??? don't we also have these motherboards/rog/msi dragon apps thing controlling the same thing? with all this confusion for me, I'd prefer to stick to the old school way, bios control, at most I'd just use the Ryzen Master app (does it even also have the fan controlling functionality? gosh-damn it.).

so am I better using the H700 or is the H700i easily controllable in traditional way?

On that corsair carbide thing, I noticed that the side window panel is not entirely detachable? if so I'd scratch that off my list.