Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 24, 2020, 05:44 PM   #841
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Hmm...I've never had that problem. Most of my flights aren't longer than one hour though. I use VS mode to achieve whatever altitude I want and it automatically goes into altitude hold when the altitude selected is reached. Never seen it bug out after that.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2020, 06:42 PM   #842
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Was there a dev update notice today? I can't seem to find it, and they said every Thursday they'd have an update listed.

"America is not divided by race. color, gender, or sexual orientation.
America is divided into wise people and fools.
And fools divide themselves by race, color, gender, or sexual orientation."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2020, 09:56 PM   #843
Sabadin
Radeon R520

Sabadin is still being judged by the masses

Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 24, 2020, 10:32 PM   #844
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabadin View Post
Thanks.

EDIT: Still no mention of 747, 787, or AP fixes. It's almost like they are avoiding the issue entirely...

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Sep 24, 2020 at 10:45 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM   #845
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Newest patch supposedly is going to be released today. No patch notes so far so I have no idea what it's supposed to "fix".

Old Yesterday, 10:40 AM   #846
Loser-P
Radeon HD 4850

Loser-P is still being judged by the masses

Japan world update just dropped. Patch notes here.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...ailable/287453

Got some nice fixes in there I was just expecting the Japan world update and maybe a few if any fixes. I'll have to wait till I get home from work to see if it's actually an improvement.

Last edited by Loser-P : Yesterday at 12:41 PM.
Loser-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:44 AM   #847
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

For anyone that wants tweak and mod freedom, is it better to buy from the MS Store or Steam?
Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM   #848
Sabadin
Radeon R520

Sabadin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
For anyone that wants tweak and mod freedom, is it better to buy from the MS Store or Steam?
For installing mods it's the same with either version, for tweaking things yourself the Steam version is friendlier.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM   #849
John C Flett
Grumpy Bunny

John C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete stranger

Any ETA yet on the VR update?

John C Flett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM   #850
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Tried the tour, first 5 or so minutes and the 1000ft pair of trees near the start are amazing, didnt realise they had that in Japan. QC needs to be a little better I feel.
Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM   #851
xCLAVEx
Not gone

AP still jacked up, and now they've introduced this charming new bug...

lol...

Some players are reporting crashing while flying randomly too (as in the game thought they crashed into an object). Not a problem I suppose if you have crashes disabled, but if you have them enabled it could stop your flight cold.

Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM   #852
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Has anyone flown the mountains much? One of the new features was realistic modeling of the terrain effecting wind, which none of the older versions even tried to do.

irl most of my flying has been over relatively flat land. I've flown deep into the Ozarks twice. (Seems too big to call "hills," but too small to call "mountains"-- the ridges can be 1-2,500 feet above the surrounding terrain) I got knocked around pretty good flying down to Mena, AR. (Hot Springs is a pretty neat destination)

In the sim, I recently flew from Lamarie WY to Telluride CO in moderate wind, in the TBM 930 at 16,500 ft. I got rocked around the deeper into the mountains I went. Another new feature is the airplane seems to be making commensurate noise in turbulence.

I doubt we'll see any lenticular clouds, but who knows . . .

----

Edit: Almost forgot, ordered a 1TB Sabrent Rocket NVMe m.2 that should arrive tomorrow. I figure I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling on that.

Last edited by JZL : Yesterday at 06:23 PM.
JZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM   #853
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
----

Edit: Almost forgot, ordered a 1TB Sabrent Rocket NVMe m.2 that should arrive tomorrow. I figure I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling on that.
Just move the install and modify the config file with new location. If I remember later I’ll post where I got the instructions from when I moved mine to my new nvme.

Here you are :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
Found this and trying :

Inside folder \Microsoft Flight Simulator is the folder \Packages. It contains most of those 91GB of the game.

UserCfg.opt links to them. You can move packages where you want and then adjust path in config file

*seemed to work fine, loaded and started fine, had to just adjust where my cache was but all good. Will see if the update works...
Still working fine btw.

Last edited by Thr0tt : Today at 02:13 AM.
Thr0tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:46 AM   #854
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
I’ve seen sparse discussion here and there regarding the patch and the bugs introduced, but hardly any discussion on how Asobo, with their patch notes, included a list of known bugs.

What people don’t realize, I think, is that these bugs weren’t present before the patch. The A320 broken PFD and VFR map CTD? Those were introduced in this patch and are listed as known issues. Asobo, who doesn’t do hot fixes and makes us wait for the end of their 2 week sprints before patches, knew these bugs existed and would be introduced with this patch and still decided to release it anyways.

That means their testers saw these bugs, which are game breaking for many, and decided it was okay to push it to release probably saying that they’d just get ahead of the curve and address that they know the bugs exist in the patch notes and that they are working on them.

Now, I’m a software engineer, but not a game developer. However, I have a general idea of how the gaming industry works and I assume based on contextual clues that they do 2 week sprints, with patch releases being released at the end of those two weeks. You NEVER okay something for release if you know it causes product breaking bugs, ESPECIALLY if your consumer will have to wait 2 weeks for a fix. If you can’t locate the bug, but you know it was introduced that sprint. You delay the release until you can find the bug and at least identify what thing broke it, then not release the thing that broke it.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I love this game and I understand that this game is basically a paid Alpha and am fine with that. However, you can’t just introduce product breaking bugs and admit you’re aware there are product breaking bugs with the newest patch when your product is on the market!! Not to mention they force you to download the latest patch when you start the game, so you’re forced to download this patch and can’t even revert back to an old one.

I think by far the worst thing about this is Asobo’s refusal to do hot fixes. Ideally what would happen is Asobo releases a patch, gets quick feedback from the customer on bugs, and within a day releases a hot fix to fix the various bugs. Instead, we’re forced to wait at least 2 weeks for the next patch which will introduce more bugs, based on the current pattern.

Deadlines be damned, if there is something that breaks the product in your release and you’re aware of it, delay the release a couple of days until you can fix that issue and then release it! You don’t have to fix every bug, just the ones like the PFD, or VFR Map CTD that cause the game to be unusable for a lot of people. Only then should you release the patch. I’ve seen that exact thing happen at my work, a release be delayed a couple of days to iron out a high priority bug that was introduced.

It’s much much much better PR and a good way to keep your customers happy by doing this. We wouldn’t mind waiting an extra couple of days for you to iron out the huge game breaking bugs. It means we wouldn’t have the product we paid for be broken and then practically unusable for two weeks.

I’ve been a pretty staunch defender of Asobo before this and I completely understand the stress of software development and how unforgiving deadlines can be, and I know it’s much worse in the gaming industry. But this isn’t the way to go about this and it’s freaking ridiculous. Hello Games released a brand new update to No Man’s Sky last Tuesday and there’s already been 3 hotfixes for that release since then. It is possible.

So people in charge at Asobo, if you’re reading this: Either delay your patches so you stop freaking introducing new game breaking bugs that you’re very clearly aware we’re introduced in the patch, or start freaking doing hot fixes and addressing these concerns ASAP. It is not impossible for you to say “hey, that bug was fixed today and even though the sprint ends in 12 days and the release is then, we can release this bug fix today as a hot fix since it was a major bug causing a lot of people to not be able to play”. I promise you that things will go a lot smoother if you do this and everyone will be a lot happier.

[END RANT]

https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftFl...involving_the/
It's the highest rated thread right now on reddit (in the forum) and I can't say I disagree. Releasing patches that break more things than they fix is unacceptable, and they released some game breaking bugs (though I only encountered one so far personally). The entire lack of communication and the vagueness of what it was that they fixed is a problem as well.

Old Today, 06:25 PM   #855
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser-P View Post
Japan world update just dropped. Patch notes here.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...ailable/287453

Got some nice fixes in there I was just expecting the Japan world update and maybe a few if any fixes. I'll have to wait till I get home from work to see if it's actually an improvement.
Water elevation has been updated to improve rivers (Missouri river and around Toronto for example) and lakes (center of Canada)

Alright, the Credit River is fixed in Mississauga. What an eyesore that was.
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:41 PM   #856
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
Just move the install and modify the config file with new location. If I remember later I’ll post where I got the instructions from when I moved mine to my new nvme.

Here you are :
Still working fine btw.
Thanks, but mine is a Steam install and the folder structure is different. That may work anyway because the UserCfg.opt does pint to my install folder, and especially if there's also a way to tell Steam where the files are.

You may've read I've had CTD issues. I was thinking of un- and reinstalling regardless. If there's a way to port the control settings, that would be awesome.