Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:31 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default Battery Backup / Surge Protection

Sup homies?

Since the loss of my NAS here a few weeks ago I am looking at a power backup with surge protection.

Currently for my PC I am using some POS surge protector, something from Belki:

https://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-BV108200-06/

That to be exact. My PC, monitor, modem, NAS and router are attached too it.

For my Home Theater I am using the following:

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX64072

Which I am no longer liking. I can hear a buzzing sound coming from it all the time. The readout shows 124v and moves up and down radically from time to time. Attached too it is a Optoma UHZ65 Projector, Yamaha CXA5100, Apple 4K TV, Nintendo Switch, Shaw Bluesky Box, Sony UBPX800M2 Bluray Player.

I know I have power issues in my home so I am looking at replacing all the surge protectors for my critical devices with battery backups.

I am looking at a UPS from Cyber Power. one of these:

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX32714

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX32745

Depending on my needs.

I had a power outage here as soon as I got my new NAS, huge storm came through so I am getting a little concerned.

Anyone can chime in with thoughts or suggestions if this is a good idea or if there's are good products too use.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2019, 01:17 PM   #2
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2019, 01:20 PM   #3
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

I have their 1350 model for 2.5yrs and without any problems. The software doesn't accurately log all the events but the unit itself does.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 30, 2019, 02:07 PM   #4
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
APC went to crap after the buyout by Schneider Electric; go CyberPower instead.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2019, 02:17 PM   #5
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Ya I bought 2 of the same ultra power on sale and the one on the home theater buzzed like mad so I had to operate on it... Its way down now but can still hear it. The other unit is fine tho.

Having a batt backup on top of LC might be useful, tho power outages are rare here. Are they finally making batt backups with lithium tho?

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2019, 03:35 PM   #6
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Ya I bought 2 of the same ultra power on sale and the one on the home theater buzzed like mad so I had to operate on it... Its way down now but can still hear it. The other unit is fine tho.

Having a batt backup on top of LC might be useful, tho power outages are rare here. Are they finally making batt backups with lithium tho?
I will probably get rid of the Ultra Link. I don't particularly like it, and I have to do some weird setup to get everything plugged in. If I go with the Cyberpower I can fit everything just fine without issue, plus it would look cleaner.

I've been re-doing all the cables on my PC and Home Theater all morning trying to make everything clean. Just about to step out and grab some Blue-Diamond HDMI cables so everything matches and maybe grab the Cyberpower UPS.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2019, 03:42 PM   #7
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
APC went to crap after the buyout by Schneider Electric; go CyberPower instead.
A "crap" APC is better than 90% of the cheap unresearched crap that is put into the market. APC is still the brand of choice in the corporate space.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 04:14 PM   #8
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
A "crap" APC is better than 90% of the cheap unresearched crap that is put into the market. APC is still the brand of choice in the corporate space.
I have a large pile of dead APC UPS units at the office that says otherwise. Most recent was a SmartUPS 1500 with less than a year on a genuine APC battery cartridge. Power supply sharted and clicked on and off rapidly knocking out my main switch stack and firewall. Maybe their industrial line is still good but their small and medium business products are junk.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2019, 05:17 PM   #9
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Can't say I've had the same problems. I'm not saying you haven't had your own issues, but they aren't one's I've experienced (and we use their small business models for our remote locations).
Old Jun 30, 2019, 09:29 PM   #10
Babel-17
Radeon R300

Babel-17 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBabel-17 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I've got two CyberPower UPS, but neither are pure sine wave. They've worked in a PC with a 550 watt Rosewill Photon, and then a 650 watt EVGA SuperNova P2.

Supposedly they last a long time if you don't constantly have blackouts/brownouts and repeatedly run down the batteries.

They've handled well the occasional power surges in my area that make the lights flicker, and they handled the occasional short power losses I've had. Just have to disable their alarms, in case you lose power!

Amazon usually has good deals on replacement batteries for them, and the units themself go on sale from time to mine. That's how I got my newer/more powerful one.

Lol, my older one would hit its limit when I would benchmark Shadow of the Tomb Raider with my overclocked RTX 2080. I was using the monitoring feature on a second monitor to capture the power usage. Right at the end my UPS would hit its 390 watt limit. Power efficiency has to get factored in, as one's PSU draws from the UPS a certain percentage over what it's delivering to ones system.

I bought the one at the following link during a really good sale for $74.50, plus tax.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QZ3UG0

Quote:
CyberPower CP1000AVRLCD Intelligent LCD UPS System, 1000VA/600W, 9 Outlets, AVR, Mini-Tower
$35.45 more at the moment ($109.95), but there's always been sales.

My older/less powerful unit I use for my modem, router, TV/Monitor, and some LED lights. I keep just my PC on the bigger one, and that works out well for monitoring how much power its using from the UPS (66 watts just now).
Babel-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2019, 08:50 AM   #11
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I've had APC for years. I like the fact that they have/had a 5 year warranty. On each and every device that I had the battery went out after 3 years because that is roughly the time frame for the batteries. APC replaced each and every one with no charge. Didn't even charge me shipping. If you get one make sure you register it. It's worth the time.

Right now, I have APC on all 6 PC's in my house. Granted, I unplug them all when a thunderstorm rolls in but still they are all running great. No issues at all.

Hope that helps.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2019, 09:01 AM   #12
deadite_9
random and/or senseless

deadite_9 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydeadite_9 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Love the CyberPower PFCLCD series. Currently using a combination of five CP1500s, two CP1000s, and one CP850 for PC, network, and home theater duty throughout the whole house, along with some smaller AVR units for light duty here and there. We don't really get brownouts around here, but we frequently get severe storms during the spring and summer months (I live in the southeastern US). I am able to gracefully shut down both PCs and the whole home theater if the power goes out, and if the power just blinks off and on again, everything just keeps puttering on like nothing happened.

Had an older APC SUA750-- my first true sinewave UPS-- that chewed through replacement batteries like nobody's business, even though it very rarely had to kick them in and was never once even fully depleted. It worked great, but the battery costs were getting to be too much. After the fourth replacement, I finally chucked it... and I won't buy APC again. Just my $.02.

I will say that my most recent purchase of a new CP1500 in June (from Amazon) was a disappointment, though. It had a faulty front panel that was only partially connected from the factory, so none of the buttons (apart from the main power) actually worked. How it ever passed QA is beyond me. Judging from the new packaging, it looks like CyberPower is finally starting to cheap out on a few things. I returned it to Amazon, since they refused to replace it, and bought another CP1000 from Newegg after deciding that the 1500 was overkill for the spare PC/desk. That one came in the newer box, but the unit itself has performed flawlessly so far.

In other words, it's all luck of the draw and YMMV. But personal experience tells me you'll get good service out of the CP1500/1350PFCLCD if you go that route.

:: HDTV
Samsung Q8FN (4K QLED, 65") :: A/V Onkyo TX-RZ830 ::
:: UHD
Sony UBP-X700 :: BD Oppo BDP-83 :: CD Onkyo DX-C390 ::
:: PHONO
Technics SL-1200MK2 :: GAME Xbox One X + PS4 Pro ::
:: FRONT
JBL SCS300SAT + FS1000 :: SW HSU Research STF-2 ::
:: CENTER
JBL EC35 (Black Ash) :: LFE HSU Research VTF-2 MK5 ::
:: SURROUND L/R
JBL SCS300SAT :: SW HSU Research STF-2 ::
:: SURR BACK L/R
JBL SCS300SAT :: SW HSU Research STF-1 ::

:: CPU
Core i7 7820X (4.5GHz) :: MB ASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming ::
:: BIOS
1704 :: AIO Corsair H115i PRO + (2x) Noctua NF-A14 chromax ::
:: DDR4
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3000MHz (15-17-17-35) ::
:: GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition :: LCD Acer Predator XB241H ::
:: AUDIO
ROG SupremeFX (S1220A) :: SPEAKERS Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 ::
:: OS
Windows 10 Pro x64 (1909) :: NVME Samsung 960 PRO M.2 (512GB) ::
:: SSD
(1x) Samsung 850 PRO (512GB) + (3x) 850 EVO (1TB/1TB/1TB) ::
:: INPUT
Logitech G413 Silver + G MX518 + Xbox One Controller (wireless) ::
:: PSU
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 + CableMod Pro series (black/white) ::
:: CASE
Corsair Carbide Air 540 (silver, DEMCiflex intake filters) ::
:: FANS
(2x) Noctua NF-P14s redux + (1x) NF-P14r redux ::
deadite_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2019, 02:01 PM   #13
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I had a CyberPower PFCLCD for a few years. They burn through batteries too. The only difference between the APC and the CyberPower is that the CyberPower does not warn you when the battery goes down like the APC does. So when the power went out the backup didn't function on that unit. I moved it to the kiddos PS4 and X Box in the living room and put a APC on the main computer rig.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2019, 07:28 PM   #14
deadite_9
random and/or senseless

deadite_9 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydeadite_9 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
I had a CyberPower PFCLCD for a few years. They burn through batteries too. The only difference between the APC and the CyberPower is that the CyberPower does not warn you when the battery goes down like the APC does. So when the power went out the backup didn't function on that unit. I moved it to the kiddos PS4 and X Box in the living room and put a APC on the main computer rig.
To be fair, I also had an old APC tower unit from 2004 that lasted on its original battery until last summer (over 14 years). But that pure sinewave model was downright obnoxious when it came to battery failures. I can't remember how long the original battery lasted, but after it croaked I got no more than 12 to 15 months out of each replacement... and these weren't el cheapo generic aftermarket batteries from Batteries Plus, either.

So far I've had no failures with any of the CyberPower units, though the oldest units are over 7 years old at this point so I'm probably due.

Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:21 AM   #15
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babel-17 View Post
I've got two CyberPower UPS, but neither are pure sine wave.
Someone more knowledgeable than I talk about this, please: Does it really matter?

I've read a bunch on "pure" sine vs "simulated" sine, and I know from audio stuff that clipped waves are bad for speakers....is there something similar going on here in terms of harm to components?

We rarely have outages here (knock on wood), so I'm just running a surge protector, no UPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2019, 11:19 AM   #16
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post
Someone more knowledgeable than I talk about this, please: Does it really matter?

I've read a bunch on "pure" sine vs "simulated" sine, and I know from audio stuff that clipped waves are bad for speakers....is there something similar going on here in terms of harm to components?

We rarely have outages here (knock on wood), so I'm just running a surge protector, no UPS.
I'm not sure how to say this, but I think pure sine might has to do with the power supplies with PFC. I'm no electrician expert tho.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2019, 11:34 AM   #17
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

If you have a device that requires "clean power", then you want a pure sine wave UPS. If you don't (and if you don't know, then you don't have one), then it doesn't matter. Devices will usually have requirements on them for power if they do...

Basically, unless you are running some sensitive scientific, medical, or sensitive audio equipment; you don't really need pure sine wave UPS's.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 09:12 AM   #18
deadite_9
random and/or senseless

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post

I think the main thing you want is one with some sort of built-in AVR function to protect against temporary spikes and/or brownouts.

My first modular PSU was an Enermax Liberty that also used active PFC, and it absolutely would not tolerate a simulated sine wave. When the power went out and it was attached to an average UPS unit (in this case, the APC that I mentioned that lasted for 14 years), it lost power. So the UPS was utterly useless in that scenario, which is what led me to getting that first true sine wave unit.

I think most reputable active PFC power supplies these days are gonna work fine with a simulated sine wave, though. I know that EVGA (at least) has stated that theirs do.

If you can afford a pure sine wave model, then I'd say to go for it; it can't hurt, but at the same time it probably isn't absolutely necessary for the equipment you're running. But having one that is at least "line-interactive" (one that actively uses AVR to adjust the voltage up and down as needed) is essential IMHO.

Old Jul 7, 2019, 06:00 PM   #19
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
APC blows. CyberPower or Eaton all day every day.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2019, 06:31 PM   #20
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
APC blows. CyberPower or Eaton all day every day.
Eaton makes a ups?! I would be all over that!
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2019, 08:25 AM   #21
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
Eaton makes a ups?! I would be all over that!
Yup. I have an Eaton unit powering my DR Host for work, and when our rackmounted APC unit in the office inevitably needs new batteries I'm going to yank it and replace it with either an Eaton or Cyberpower depending on what kind of deal I can get.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote