Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:38 AM   #15061
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

American Experience: Tesla (Documentary) - 4/10

I was actually sort of disappointed with this documentary.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:34 AM   #15062
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
Not a movie, but saw The Book of Mormon the other day. What a great time! If you get a chance, 10/10. Don't bring the kids.
A few years ago I stayed in the hotel literally right next door to where this is playing in NYC. I walked by it every day and wondered if it was worth watching, but decided, "nah."
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:09 PM   #15063
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Birth of a Nation 2016. Great first half but a bit too stylized in the end I thought...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.4.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.6.2. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:29 PM   #15064
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Summer of 84. 8.5/10.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2018, 02:28 PM   #15065
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018) - 6/10
Old Sep 1, 2018, 03:37 PM   #15066
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
I really liked the first one, but was disappointed with this one.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 05:30 PM   #15067
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Jurassic world 6/10 - didn't find it as bad as stated in some reviews here, seemed like the standard Jurassic entertainment fare to me.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2018, 05:32 PM   #15068
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
First was corny as hell, can't believe a second was even made. Never made it through the first and the second will never get my time.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 06:11 PM   #15069
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Reprisal. I can’t believe Bruce Willis passed up Expendables 3 for a million bucks but now does these crappy movies. 4/10.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2018, 08:01 PM   #15070
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Christopher Robbin - 7/10, had a good time.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2018, 09:06 PM   #15071
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Red Tails. Not too bad but theres a better movie waiting for that story.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.4.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.6.2. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:43 PM   #15072
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
First was corny as hell, can't believe a second was even made. Never made it through the first and the second will never get my time.

I guess you don't really like movies about giant monsters, then?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:49 PM   #15073
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Kin 5.5/10
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2018, 05:32 AM   #15074
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy View Post

I guess you don't really like movies about giant monsters, then?
I’m all for ScFi, but that was a total B movie, script and acting were terrible.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 08:50 AM   #15075
necropimp
666 Flavors

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Red Tails. Not too bad but theres a better movie waiting for that story.
or better yet a Band of Brothers style miniseries

but yeah... we got a 90s made for HBO film, and a much more recent film that George Lucas threw money at that came out in theaters looking like a 90s made for TV movie
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:55 AM   #15076
Nascar24

Summer of 84 7.5/10 - Movie kind of in the Netflix Stranger things as far as throwback theme, they needed to tie up the 2 friends that disappeared from the movie towards the end. Didn't make sense they all of sudden were just gone and they never went back to them. Other then that, great story and not predictable.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:05 PM   #15077
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by necropimp View Post
or better yet a Band of Brothers style miniseries

but yeah... we got a 90s made for HBO film, and a much more recent film that George Lucas threw money at that came out in theaters looking like a 90s made for TV movie
Actually, the 90's The Tuskegee Airmen HBO movie was much better (with an awesome cast).

Got a photo of a few of them at an airshow several years back. Great guys to talk to!
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:07 PM   #15078
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Snow Girl and the Dark Crystal (2015) - 5/10

It was good for the first half... then went all sorts of crazy for the second half... terrible CGI though..
Old Sep 2, 2018, 03:37 PM   #15079
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

@ Mahjik-- agree about Tuskegee Airmen HBO movie.

In other news . . .
I'm shocked I tell yez-- shocked-- but I got wifey to watch Interstellar a couple nights ago and she liked it.

Now if I could only get her to watch some pr0n.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 06:27 PM   #15080
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Interstaller eh... I thought wimin liked any movie with the McConaughey in it...

You might want to ask her some precise questions...

Gonna check out the HBO Tuskegee movie...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:38 PM   #15081
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Interstaller eh... I thought wimin liked any movie with the McConaughey in it...

You might want to ask her some precise questions...

Gonna check out the HBO Tuskegee movie...
You would have to be a cold hearted sociopath not to like interstellar... with or without the ghey.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:32 PM   #15082
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Ill admit I hated the second half of Interstellar. Pretty much lost me at the solid clouds bit.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:38 AM   #15083
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

only the brave 9/10

jack ryan season 1 amazon 8.5/10

Last edited by bill dennison : Sep 3, 2018 at 01:21 AM.
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2018, 04:18 AM   #15084
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

new blade runner.

i kind of liked some of the new things they went into, but it just doesn't feel as focused and sharp as the first one. a little messy. possibly too many characters? (that weren't talked about in detail a great deal)
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:04 AM   #15085
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Rampage (2018) - 7/10

Just a fun movie. Not going to win any awards, but was fun for what it was..
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:08 PM   #15086
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

BlacKkKlansman - 9.5/10
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:14 PM   #15087
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Hunger Games starvation edition.

Cuz I binged the 4 films in one fell swoop. Still good and who doesnt want to indulge in a dystopian fantasy when we are about to and are pretty much living one. And after reading dystopian stories for the last 40 years one needs a good bracer once in a while.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:30 AM   #15088
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Hunger Games starvation edition.

Cuz I binged the 4 films in one fell swoop. Still good and who doesnt want to indulge in a dystopian fantasy when we are about to and are pretty much living one. And after reading dystopian stories for the last 40 years one needs a good bracer once in a while.
All I remeber from those hunger games was here screaming "PETA PETA" (aka Peter but sounds like Peta)
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:57 PM   #15089
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy View Post
I really liked the first one, but was disappointed with this one.
Same here, 6/10 is way generous for that.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2018, 06:09 PM   #15090
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
All I remeber from those hunger games was here screaming "PETA PETA" (aka Peter but sounds like Peta)
the character's name is peeta afaik
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote