Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:13 PM   #2881
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

it would be a shame if bc2 died because of bf3. it's easily the superior game at this point.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:15 PM   #2882
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
it would be a shame if bc2 died because of bf3. it's easily the superior game at this point.
Bf3 has more detailed textures than bc2, so clearly it is the superior game.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:46 PM   #2883
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:55 PM   #2884
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

actually, I'm a little worried about that. in beta I was having a hard time scanning to find enemy. even just skimming the tops of hills/horizon, it is hard to see people.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:59 PM   #2885
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
your logic is irrefutable.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:00 PM   #2886
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
actually, I'm a little worried about that. in beta I was having a hard time scanning to find enemy. even just skimming the tops of hills/horizon, it is hard to see people.
your enemies have been wise enough not to use optics of any kind

Ironsights, the ultimate camouflage
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:06 PM   #2887
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

no, in BC2 I find a decent spot and stand still. it is easy to catch movement. and muzzle flash. I didn't get to play beta long but it definitely felt different.

gonna be a little blind faith going for BF3..
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:09 PM   #2888
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

maybe because everyone was prone?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:31 PM   #2889
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

ugh.. ya, not sure I really like prone coming back
Old Oct 18, 2011, 03:18 PM   #2890
Evil Nemesis
NemmyBoy

Evil Nemesis is still being judged by the masses

Adios MW3
Old Oct 18, 2011, 04:55 PM   #2891
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

ea got caught trying to cherry pick reviewers to give them good scores

http://bf3blog.com/2011/10/ea-tries-...res-in-norway/
Old Oct 18, 2011, 05:02 PM   #2892
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I guess they thought they could get away with doing that in a small market like norway.

Buy mw3 and show ea that gamers out there will not accept such behavior!

Last edited by Mangler : Oct 18, 2011 at 05:05 PM.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:12 PM   #2893
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

This just in reviewers and game companies are shady people and you cant trust reviews!

t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:36 PM   #2894
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Is this just going to be another tank vs helicopter sim? I'm debating canceling my pre-order. I want to play an fps not learn how to fly a helicopter.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:58 PM   #2895
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
Is this just going to be another tank vs helicopter sim? I'm debating canceling my pre-order. I want to play an fps not learn how to fly a helicopter.
Did you not play the beta? Most of the Rush maps appear to be infantry-oriented and even Caspian Border was a map with tons of infantry despite the tanks, helicopters, and jets. Infantry combat is still sort of the main focus of the game, with lots of vehicles to satisfy people who like using those, too. You definitely won't be hurting if you don't know how to fly helicopters or drive tanks, although it's helpful to be able to do those things in case your team needs your help, too!
Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:03 PM   #2896
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
If you played the Beta you would realize a tank is nothing but a rolling coffin.

With tons of dudes running around with anti tank missiles and being incredibly mobile, tanks don't stand a chance.

BF3 is a heavy infantry game.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:44 PM   #2897
Douglaster
X360 - PC

Douglaster is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
If you played the Beta you would realize a tank is nothing but a rolling coffin.

With tons of dudes running around with anti tank missiles and being incredibly mobile, tanks don't stand a chance.

BF3 is a heavy infantry game.
Not if theres a party of engies behind the tank (as usual)

The tank is melted so much that it would be a metal block in the end of the round
Douglaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:48 PM   #2898
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Nope, this is going to be a "everyone crawls on their belly" sim.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:14 PM   #2899
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Nope, this is going to be a "everyone crawls on their belly" sim.
Do you always stand tall in a grass field when an Abrams is coming at you?

I remember how funny it was during Battlefield Vietnam when you could hear the music playing from an enemy vehicle. So my and my guys would be close in and we would hear this music getting louder and louder, we dive for the bushes, knowing some tank is getting ready to pounce on us. The music is getting louder and louder and screams right passed us....we stand up and its a Vespa scooter with some shemale facing backward giving us the big HEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY.

Damn Ladyboys and the AK47's.

Last edited by AllexxisF1 : Oct 18, 2011 at 08:17 PM.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:15 PM   #2900
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Jets seemed to keep to themselves mostly. I suspect when a few people get really good they will take on ground units more. Hopefully its not like BF2 jets where you hear jet sound coming your way and die from large explosion. Tanks seemed easy enough to deal with, choppers I didn't see a lot but took down one with an RPG.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:08 AM   #2901
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Battlefield 3 review unlikely to post before game is released next week.
nuff said!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6341065...ll%3Btitle%3B1

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 01:18 AM   #2902
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
ugh.. ya, not sure I really like prone coming back
Yeh I'm not a fan of prone either tbh, I think gameplay is better in all games without it.

Quote:
No its an FPS like BC2.

I dont know wtf you're on about anyway, theres like 1 chopper per map, if at all, and its usually a transport chopper for moving soldiers anyway, so wtf? Same goes for tanks, there might be a couple maps with a heavy tank, the rest have a light tank or none at all. At least in rush, I dont play CQ.

Why dont you play squad death match or squad rush if 1 vehicle on a map bothers you so much that you cant play?
It makes it more interesting to me, you couldnt even win most of the rush maps without the aid of a transport chopper to land behind enemy lines, or a tank for the team to protect as it busts through the enemy lines and acting as cover for your team.

Last edited by demo : Oct 19, 2011 at 01:20 AM.
demo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 03:36 AM   #2903
Evil Nemesis
NemmyBoy

i3 @ 3GHZ
2 GB GDDR3
1 Tera Sata
600 W PSU
Radeon 5770 HD @ 1GB

can I run it on medium settings ?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 03:39 AM   #2904
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I can imagine some people getting shafted..
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 03:41 AM   #2905
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:08 AM   #2906
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

My body is ready. Russian keys are 16 eur and obviously I got one
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:10 AM   #2907
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Is Origin working for anybody? New update added quite a bit of stuff but I can't log in :/

edit: nvm works now

Last edited by nutcrackr : Oct 19, 2011 at 04:39 AM.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:11 AM   #2908
Evil Nemesis
NemmyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:42 AM   #2909
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
How do you define "this point"?
BF3 isnt released yet so.. how could it compete?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:46 AM   #2910
Stoned Bob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Stoned Bob is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
Where did you but it?
Im on a tight budget right now so if I can save €20 I will .
Stoned Bob is offline   Reply With Quote