Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old May 23, 2019, 10:03 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

Bires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird sings

Default TRUE 2.0 A USB mini charger?

I have an inline USB tester and all my chargers top out at .8A, even when charging my USB-C phone and HS700 drone. Do true 2A chargers exist?
My computer? I've put its specs in the box to the left.
There are many people on the Rage3D forums.
They're very proud of their computers.
Bires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 08:03 PM   #2
Bitey
Radeon Northern Islands

Bitey is still being judged by the masses

If the device supports and you have the correct cable it should work.
Bitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 08:38 PM   #3
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

There's a few reasons it might not be happening.

1) The charger may not like the charging cord you're using. Especially longer cords seem to have more problems.

2) The charge rate tapers as you get to higher charge level, so if your phone is mostly full it may be ratcheting down the charge itself.

3) For some reason, some phones seem to charge at slower rates when the screen is on (maybe due to concerns about heat?).

4) If your phone can charge at 9V or 12V, the charger may be going up to a higher voltage at lower amps. For example, 12v @ 0.75 amps, vs 9V @ 1 amp or 5V @ 2 amps.

5) The phone/device itself may simply not be able to charge at the full charge speed offered by the charger due to some other limitation.

With all that being said, in my experience you almost never hit the full rated output on a charger or battery.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad