Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Apr 3, 2019, 09:32 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Still Undecided if I should go back to Android?

It's been 3 years since I had my last Android phone and iPhones have left me overall satisfied, if not overly impressed because of its not so innovative changes to the UI since notched phones became a thing.

I prefer the Galaxy S10e because of the flat screen, but I can't help but think. Am I interested in the phone just because it's a different ecosystem? How is the "upgrade" worth it? So far I am still undecided because I obviously can't justify it. Am I seriously about to get a lower dpi screen and half the storage just because I want a slightly better camera?

Might as well wait half a year for the new iPhone? But then again I'd still have to live with the notch. Currently have an iPhone X 256GB BTW.

Decisions, decisions.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2019, 07:49 AM   #2
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Wait for the folding phone, that's a communication changer.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 08:26 AM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I don't miss iOS at all. I liked it well enough when I had an iPhone, but Android is so much better now.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 4, 2019, 09:16 AM   #4
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I like them both. I was on Android for a few years, now I'm back on iOS. I'll probably switch back to 'droid in a year or two. I suffer from SOS (shiny object syndrome).
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2019, 01:52 PM   #5
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

I have a really bad android phone (free from govt) and Every time I try to send a text and someone is texting me back it freezes like a mofo. Every update it gets worse.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2019, 01:57 PM   #6
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I like my familiarity so i'd be sticking with ios for as long as it doesn't suck
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2019, 09:47 PM   #7
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Ok you convinced me guys, I'd most probably pick up the S10 Plus this week. The S10e isn't worth it after all cause it's simply not "different enough" compared to my iPhone X.

Quick question: so what screen protector do you use for your S10 / S10 Plus? The ultrasonic fingerprint scanner doesn't work with glass screen protectors right?
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:30 AM   #8
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

After Gorilla glass 2.5 I am no longer a fan of screen protectors. Unless you keep your keys in the same pockets as your phone I do not see the point. Phone case yes to protect from falls. But I like to touch the actual screen. Guess I am weird that way. I have not has a scratch on a screen in years.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 02:29 PM   #9
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
After Gorilla glass 2.5 I am no longer a fan of screen protectors. Unless you keep your keys in the same pockets as your phone I do not see the point. Phone case yes to protect from falls. But I like to touch the actual screen. Guess I am weird that way. I have not has a scratch on a screen in years.
Gorilla Glass is great.
I used to use a Nokia Lumia 930 Windows phone, and I never put a screen protector on it. Hell I never even had a case for it either, the thing was built like a brick (Had an fairly thick aluminum frame, plastic back, gorilla glass front, had some heft to it).

My iPhone on the other hand...screen protector (well more like screen film) and an otterbox case (Since these things are somewhat fragile contrary to what Apple likes to tell people)
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2019, 06:19 PM   #10
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

iPhones use gorilla glass.. They just dont advertise it.

You can check JerryRigEverything's youtube page and Apple scratches right where all the android phones using GG do. That said, I have scratched both my iPhone X and XS screens. GG is not good enough to go without a screen protector if you really care about scratches.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2019, 08:56 AM   #11
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I've scratched plenty of Gorilla Glass to know better than to believe the marketing.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote