Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 23, 2017, 09:54 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default The Essential Phone now $499

I guess it wasn't selling well. Probably make a nice backup/business phone.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/22/...ut-499-android

Essential is slashing the price of its eponymous phone, down to $499 at its website. That’s a $200 price cut from the original $699 price, less than two months after it began shipping to customers. There is really no other way to read the move except as a signal that it wasn’t selling well at $699 — especially given that the only US carrier stores it’s available in have “Sprint” above the door. It certainly doesn’t help that it now has to face the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL head-to-head.

Kind of hard to go up against Google and Samsung at $700 price points.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:25 AM   #2
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Looks like an awesome phone. It's really the only Android phone I have any interest in at all.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:13 AM   #3
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

We'll see what happens during Black Friday in a few weeks.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 1, 2017, 08:15 AM   #4
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I just ordered one, with the $99 replacement plan. Price is really good, reviews seem solid, and my iPhone's battery seems to be slipping. I'll probably be back to Apple in 1-2 years, we'll see though. I can still sell my iPhone for a good amount, makes the change pretty inexpensive.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 08:36 AM   #5
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

make sure to post your impressions, i'm really curious

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2017, 08:56 AM   #6
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/01/es...amera-updates/

They just received a camera software update that fixes alot of issue the camera had.

This is probably the best Android phone on the market right now. At least in terms of value to performance.

edit: more on their blog

https://www.essential.com/blog/a-quick-camera-update

Last edited by Razeus : Nov 1, 2017 at 09:03 AM.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 09:17 AM   #7
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/01/es...amera-updates/

They just received a camera software update that fixes alot of issue the camera had.

This is probably the best Android phone on the market right now. At least in terms of value to performance.

edit: more on their blog

https://www.essential.com/blog/a-quick-camera-update
Nice, that's great to hear. I'm looking forward to trying it out, but won't sell my iPhone till I know for sure I'm good with the new device.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 08:53 PM   #8
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Just got my shipping info. These things ship directly from Shenzen, China.

Everything does these days lol

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:06 AM   #9
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I think it's going to be delivered tomorrow, it's already in Austin.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 05:10 PM   #10
Elysian
SCAATSJW

This thing is NICE. The fingerprint sensor works very well, the phone feels super premium and very nice in the hands. It's heavier than I expected, but much smaller than my 6s+. It's as if you cut the top bezel off the 6s+ entirely, and extend the screen halfway down the home button. Really impressed by this thing in my short time with it. I also didn't have to call MetroPCS to set it up, so that's a nice thing. Wasn't so lucky when I transferred my iPhone to them...
Old Nov 6, 2017, 05:39 PM   #11
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Deactivate iMessage first!
Old Nov 6, 2017, 06:37 PM   #12
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Deactivate iMessage first!
Done already.