Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jul 2, 2020, 03:21 PM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Bought it. Very pleasantly surprised to find out I can use a controller so soon after surgery.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 03:24 PM   #242
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I personally think it's going to be a great game for me - I'm not generally bothered by these things unless it's non stop and needless.

I'm looking forward to playing, especially now that it seems all that crap that "leaked" before really had nothing to it.
Not going to be playing this one. I didn't really like the first game. Gameplay was boring to me and the story was very dull and drab. Just not my type of game, and as a matter of fact I tend to find all Naughty Dog's games very boring.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2020, 03:29 PM   #243
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Not going to be playing this one. I didn't really like the first game. Gameplay was boring to me and the story was very dull and drab. Just not my type of game, and as a matter of fact I tend to find all Naughty Dog's games very boring.
I loved the first, but the 'not for everyone' absolutely applies. I'm really hoping this isn't a dud for me - being home on disability I need something to play lol.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 2, 2020, 04:54 PM   #244
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
I loved the first, but the 'not for everyone' absolutely applies. I'm really hoping this isn't a dud for me - being home on disability I need something to play lol.
From what I've seen I'd say if you liked the first game you should like this one, at least gameplay wise.

I have heard a lot of complaints about the direction they have gone with the characters though.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 05:34 PM   #245
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
From what I've seen I'd say if you liked the first game you should like this one, at least gameplay wise.

I have heard a lot of complaints about the direction they have gone with the characters though.
Me too...I should know better by now than to lend any credence to certain voices.

I'm ~20 minutes in and the controls are familiar and comfortable, the artwork/sets/ graphics...even on my cheapo 4k Vizio, are just gorgeous. So much attention to the smallest details it seems.

The characters, at this early stage...are already set up in a couple of instances to challenge personal bias...I can roll with this. Very much looking forward to see what this work of art offers.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 09:43 PM   #246
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Me too...I should know better by now than to lend any credence to certain voices.

I'm ~20 minutes in and the controls are familiar and comfortable, the artwork/sets/ graphics...even on my cheapo 4k Vizio, are just gorgeous. So much attention to the smallest details it seems.

The characters, at this early stage...are already set up in a couple of instances to challenge personal bias...I can roll with this. Very much looking forward to see what this work of art offers.
Hope you enjoy it. A lot of game developers worked their fingers to the bone and crunched long hours to make it.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 09:54 PM   #247
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Lazy you will enjoy the game.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2020, 10:30 PM   #248
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

I am in Santa Barbara with Ellie. I feel like I must be near the end. Man has this been a roller coaster and I have loved every second of it.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2020, 11:20 PM   #249
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Before mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
The difference is entrenched in the beliefs of the player.
It all flows very naturally in this story and is very well done and emotional. I think I am as liberal as they come but I can’t be 100% honest that there isn’t deep down stuff that was drilled into me as a kid that created biases that exist today. I can feel it too. I am glad that companies like Naughty Dog go right after the biases we all have. By creating a quality story with great characters they help people open up more. I know this sounds like too much SJW to many. But it works. The more you are exposed to diversity the weaker your biases get. I may never see the day when mine disappear 100%. But I think the world would be a much better place if all these biases disappeared. Kudos to Naughty Dog!
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2020, 11:53 PM   #250
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
It all flows very naturally in this story and is very well done and emotional. I think I am as liberal as they come but I can’t be 100% honest that there isn’t deep down stuff that was drilled into me as a kid that created biases that exist today. I can feel it too. I am glad that companies like Naughty Dog go right after the biases we all have. By creating a quality story with great characters they help people open up more. I know this sounds like too much SJW to many. But it works. The more you are exposed to diversity the weaker your biases get. I may never see the day when mine disappear 100%. But I think the world would be a much better place if all these biases disappeared. Kudos to Naughty Dog!
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2020, 03:56 AM   #251
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Hope you enjoy it. A lot of game developers worked their fingers to the bone and crunched long hours to make it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Lazy you will enjoy the game.
Sure looking that way so far It threw me a little being switched between characters, but I'm really enjoying how it's shaping up so far.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 03:21 PM   #252
Lazy8s
One day at a time

They didn't pull any punches here, did they? Brutal...and also what the heck....
Old Jul 3, 2020, 08:03 PM   #253
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
They didn't pull any punches here, did they? Brutal...and also what the heck....
Not sure which part you are referring to....
Old Jul 3, 2020, 08:09 PM   #254
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Not sure which part you are referring to....
I wish they gave Joel a better end.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 08:17 PM   #255
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Lazy, you are making me want to play this game...

... but I shall remain strong and keep myself pure until Ghost of Tsushima comes out

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2020, 08:34 PM   #256
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Lazy, you are making me want to play this game...

... but I shall remain strong and keep myself pure until Ghost of Tsushima comes out
It's pretty raw Cyko. The first felt more....scripted.....this is just raw brutality. I'm taking it in small bites (shoulder aches) but the writers know how to yank the gutz out for sure.

Stay strong brother, it'll still be here after Ghosts lol.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:40 PM   #257
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

Quote:
There are many flashbacks to come. If you have a daughter there will be tears..
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:44 PM   #258
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Haha Lazy.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 12:36 AM   #259
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Haha Lazy.
I might be screwed, got 3 of them
Old Jul 4, 2020, 04:00 AM   #260
KAC
That postcount though...

Game is absolutely dope. You will love it. I am waiting for my OLED to come in before I try playing it again.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 04:34 AM   #261
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Quote:
Finish your rehearsed speech and lets get on with this!
Considering Joel and Tommy were outnumbered and Joel had taken an arrow to the knee , imo Joel still was able to die a warriors death.

Quote:
If conversation with people that we disagree with becomes impossible, what is the way that we solve conflict?... It's violence. — Bari Weiss, journalist
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2020, 07:05 AM   #262
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Game is absolutely dope. You will love it. I am waiting for my OLED to come in before I try playing it again.
I'm trying to justify the cost Out of work for a while though, so I actually have to be responsible for a bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post

Considering Joel and Tommy were outnumbered and Joel had taken an arrow to the knee , imo Joel still was able to die a warriors death.
That's true I guess... I think it's more that I just didn't see it coming and to take such a tough, solid character and do him in so quickly.....I figure they had to at least try to match the gut punch the first game started with. Mission accomplished
Old Jul 5, 2020, 02:07 PM   #263
Lazy8s
One day at a time

This game is some quality work guys. I'm following Tommy out of Seattle now and it's everything good I remember from the first game, refined, darker and more urgent.

At this point, I also have to say that all of the leak garbage that painted this as a game with a strong sjw agenda is just garbage. I guess things could change moving forward, but it seems unlikely.

Zero regret purchase. Much urgent intensity. Win win for me.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 05:21 PM   #264
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

I finished it a couple of days ago. I do find it has a slight sjw agenda, but it didn't bother or take away anything from the game for me. Overall I liked it, graphics are great, story was good. Didn't care much for the 2nd half of the game, felt too long and the gameplay while I enjoyed it, got too repetitive. Only pushed through it because I wanted to finish the story.
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2020, 10:17 PM   #265
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I actually liked the Abby angle. Seldom do we get to play a protagonist AND a villain all in the same game .

Quote:
If conversation with people that we disagree with becomes impossible, what is the way that we solve conflict?... It's violence. — Bari Weiss, journalist
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2020, 11:15 PM   #266
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
I actually liked the Abby angle. Seldom do we get to play a protagonist AND a villain all in the same game .
Especially when the lines begin to blur which is which.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2020, 11:49 PM   #267
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Especially when the lines begin to blur which is which.
I agree. Some very daring and impressive storytelling.

It's unique and genius how at the end of Abby's day 3 in Seattle you were like "Don't kill Ellie!!" . And then at the last scene in the game you were like "You can't kill Abby!!!". They turned the typical revenge story telling completely around.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 12:14 AM   #268
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I agree. Some very daring and impressive storytelling.

It's unique and genius how at the end of Abby's day 3 in Seattle you were like "Don't kill Ellie!!" . And then at the last scene in the game you were like "You can't kill Abby!!!". They turned the typical revenge story telling completely around.
I didn't care much for Abby. Wish Ellie had finished the job, honestly.
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2020, 01:53 AM   #269
Lithurge
Radeon R700

Lithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicalking View Post
I didn't care much for Abby. Wish Ellie had finished the job, honestly.

They didn't do enough to make me empathise with Abby either, but I found I didn't want Ellie to kill her at the end because I did care about Ellie.
Lithurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2020, 03:05 AM   #270
KAC
That postcount though...

Lazy did you hit the hospital yet?