Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Dec 11, 2010, 01:15 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

Default Kirby Epic yarn

So I played this game tonight. What amazing and graphically pleasing game! I didn't think I would like it, but man I had some great fun with it. Anyone else enjoy this game?
Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming |Ryzen R7 2700X |16GB DDRR DRAM 3000 |MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB | 6TB NVMe/HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro / OpenSuse
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
jimmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 07:56 AM   #2
Tizen
Custom User Title

Tizen is still being judged by the masses

Great platformer. Could be a little more challenging, but then again, I repeat levels until I get gold everytime
Old Dec 11, 2010, 09:14 AM   #3
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

My daughter is picking on me. She says she can't believe that I am liking this game because its.... girly...
Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming |Ryzen R7 2700X |16GB DDRR DRAM 3000 |MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB | 6TB NVMe/HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro / OpenSuse
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 12, 2010, 08:49 AM   #4
Tizen
Custom User Title

Play coop fool. They you can pick on her

It's a devils game for coop, since you can grief each other very easily.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 03:15 PM   #5
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

I'm almost finished with the game right now. It starts out being really easy, but some of the later "challenges" and levels (if you want to get all the treasure and a gold medal) can get pretty tough! My only gripe is that after a while, you start to see repetition in the way the game plays. Thankfully, though, some of the transformations keep the gameplay fresh and have you doing different things like racing a truck, skiing down a mountain, and even playing space-shooter-style segments.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 09:41 PM   #6
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisti View Post
Play coop fool. They you can pick on her

It's a devils game for coop, since you can grief each other very easily.
BAh i doubt it holds a candle to NSMBWii.

4 player griefing insanity!
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2010, 03:14 AM   #7
Tizen
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
BAh i doubt it holds a candle to NSMBWii.

4 player griefing insanity!
Best way to turn friends into enemies
Old Dec 13, 2010, 08:59 AM   #8
jimmt
Trumpification

Quote:
Best way to turn friends into enemies
No shiznit! Dude I can't play with my 8 year old son. We become Homer and Bart. I want to chock the crap out of him as he thinks its funny to get me killed.

I am very impressed with the graphics on Kirby. Almost as good as Little Planet; another game I absolutely love -- actually prefer the PSP version over its big brother Ps3.
Laptop
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Old Dec 13, 2010, 04:20 PM   #9
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

I have the game and am on the last world.

It's a fantastic game and I love the graphics/art-style.

It is pretty simple at first like some people said but that's not really a bad thing, there's a lot more challenge later in the game.

I didn't think anyone would ever talk about it on here. It's a Wii game (and NOOOOBODY like games that don't have 1080p graphics) and it looks cute. Only games with blood and 1080p are worth playing to most people sadly.
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:22 PM   #10
Encyclopedia_b
Purveyor of OFN

Encyclopedia_b is still being judged by the masses

family xmas present as well as epic mickey.

cant wait!
Encyclopedia_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:52 AM   #11
Farmer_BOB
Radeon Northern Islands

Farmer_BOB is still being judged by the masses

I really hope I get this for Christmas. I've played through Kirby 64, Kirby SNES, and the Kirby game for DS. I love the Kirby series because of the different forms he takes.

He's not the most agile of super heroes so you really have to be crafty traveling through the stages when he's flying.
Farmer_BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:19 PM   #12
jimmt
Trumpification

Bob I hope you do too Its such a fantastic game despite its cute graphics.
Laptop
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Old Dec 18, 2010, 07:24 AM   #13
Tizen
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_BOB View Post
I really hope I get this for Christmas. I've played through Kirby 64, Kirby SNES, and the Kirby game for DS. I love the Kirby series because of the different forms he takes.

He's not the most agile of super heroes so you really have to be crafty traveling through the stages when he's flying.
There is no flying or shape shifting (you can't swallow enemies)
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:42 AM   #14
Farmer_BOB
Radeon Northern Islands

Farmer_BOB is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
There is no flying or shape shifting (you can't swallow enemies)
That's fine, the transformation system sounds equally fun.
Farmer_BOB is offline   Reply With Quote