Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Mar 4, 2008, 01:58 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Ford Bronco set out for late 2008 production?

Red necks rejoice.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-to-...009-model.html

Read other news feeds, it will also be packing a turbo charged v6 for $10,000. Not bad at all. I would not judge the looks on the concept alone, considering the pictures floating around on the new bronco are from 2004 concepts. Still looks good.
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 02:03 PM   #2
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Old Mar 4, 2008, 04:20 PM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

holy crap i love it! i ALWAYS have loved the original bronco, that thing is so awesome.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 4, 2008, 04:45 PM   #4
fO Che -USA-
Radeon Northern Islands

fO Che -USA- is still being judged by the masses

Hell yeah huge bronco fan! I don't even care if they don't make it the best 4x4 just make it fun. Like a bigger CR-V / Rav4 would be cool.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 04:57 PM   #5
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I don't like it. :sad:

Much rather have an old range rover
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 05:27 PM   #6
Horus
resident kafir

Horus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete stranger

no thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 05:35 PM   #7
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Wow that looks bad arse
Old Mar 4, 2008, 06:07 PM   #8
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Eh, I think it looks stupid, myself.

I'll stick with my K5.
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 06:20 PM   #9
Sound_Card
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowzrul View Post
Eh, I think it looks stupid, myself.

I'll stick with my K5.
I think the production is going to look alot different. Again, this is a 2004 concept.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 06:30 PM   #10
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_Card View Post
I think the production is going to look alot different. Again, this is a 2004 concept.
Well, it will be nice to have something in the short wheelbase suv/truck category again, to compete with the jeeps.

Hopefully, if Ford churns these out, Chevy will revive the K5. Maybe call it a K6 or something. Or K9 and have it look like a dog.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 06:33 PM   #11
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Am I the only one that is completely amazed that it will be available for ~$10,000???

This seems incredibly low to me. What kind of price point did the original Bronco come out at in its day? I know cars were cheaper 20yrs ago overall, but was it a price like that of today back then?

It just sounds....CHEAP!
Old Mar 4, 2008, 06:37 PM   #12
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Am I the only one that is completely amazed that it will be available for ~$10,000???

This seems incredibly low to me. What kind of price point did the original Bronco come out at in its day? I know cars were cheaper 20yrs ago overall, but was it a price like that of today back then?

It just sounds....CHEAP!
Well, a turbo v6 model will be almost useless as a truck, as it won't make any low end torque. A 4 wheel drive model, with a v8, will probably cost a whole lot more than 10 grand. And actually be useable off road.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 07:12 PM   #13
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Well, a turbo v6 model will be almost useless as a truck, as it won't make any low end torque. A 4 wheel drive model, with a v8, will probably cost a whole lot more than 10 grand. And actually be useable off road.
Unless it's an inline 6 like it probably would be.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 08:58 PM   #14
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_Card View Post
exactly, we have to waiting and see final model what did they had done it.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 09:09 PM   #15
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
My pathfinder's v6 is more than capable offroad, as well as towing. You don't tow 10000 pound trailers with small SUV's. A turbo v6 would be even more capable than my pathfinder is. I know for surely my pathfinder could handle a boat, or a loaded 5x8 uhaul.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 09:17 PM   #16
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
My pathfinder's v6 is more than capable offroad, as well as towing. You don't tow 10000 pound trailers with small SUV's. A turbo v6 would be even more capable than my pathfinder is. I know for surely my pathfinder could handle a boat, or a loaded 5x8 uhaul.
Ok, a turbo anything would not be much more capable offroad than the same motor, naturally aspirated. Off roading is all about low end torque. Turbos don't add any low end torque, because they take time to spool up, and then add power in a sharper peak than would an NA application, which would have a flatter torque curve. The turbo would just make you more likely to spin your tires. Diesel engines are used a pretty good bit in off road rigs because of this, you can get away with a smaller motor but still make enough torque to have a really capable rig.

Towing isn't exactly the same story, there you would actually benefit from the turbo, because you'd be going fast enough for it to matter, but I wasn't really reffering to towing things. In an offroad situation, you want a lot of torque in the low end, with really low gears, so as to have the least likely chance of sitting there in a mudhole or on some rocks spinning your wheels.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 09:40 PM   #17
Sound_Card
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
a 2003? mitsubishi Montaro is able to haul a trailer with 4+ yards of soil plus a bunch of tools. I know, because I drove that configuration for the place I worked at. Offroaded on it several times too because of the areas I had to reach. With that said, I'm pretty confident a turbo charged bronco can do much more.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:05 PM   #18
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

I'm beginning to think that my definition of off roading and what you guys think off roading is are two totally different things.

Watch Extreme 4x4 on Spike sometime when they take their rigs out to a trail, that's what I'm talking about, and there is no way in hell a Montaro could handle it. (No offense, but I think my version of off road is a little more extreme than what you guys are talking about. Pathfinders are alright, there is generally enough aftermarket support for toyotas to make them capable off road beasts, but I've never heard of anyone wheelin in a Montaro. )
Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:15 PM   #19
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
I'm beginning to think that my definition of off roading and what you guys think off roading is are two totally different things.

Watch Extreme 4x4 on Spike sometime when they take their rigs out to a trail, that's what I'm talking about, and there is no way in hell a Montaro could handle it. (No offense, but I think my version of off road is a little more extreme than what you guys are talking about. Pathfinders are alright, there is generally enough aftermarket support for toyotas to make them capable off road beasts, but I've never heard of anyone wheelin in a Montaro. )
montaro's are very capable offroaders. they may not have the aftermarket of jeep, but they are most definitely purpose built.

and with the turbo thing, if ford opted for a sequential twin, and used a small turbo to spool a larger turbo, you'd have the best of both worlds, low end boost, and top end power.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 10:15 AM   #20
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

When you need low end grunt... Who you gonna Call?

SUPERCHARGER!!

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:07 PM   #21
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post
When you need low end grunt... Who you gonna Call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post
Fix'd
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2008, 11:41 PM   #22
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

It's too shiny and has a bit too much pizazz in the overall design. It's not utilitarian enough. We'll see how the final design looks.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Corsair MP510 480GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote