Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jun 14, 2011, 09:34 AM   #331
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
McTurok
Radeon Volcanic Islands

McTurok is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
I thought Jon answered with, "he'll do the right thing" other than just coming out and saying honor leading us to believe he'll do whatever needs to be done for the realm, thus why he said what he did before being beheaded. Cant remember, havent watched it again yet. May do so tonight, probably lots of little subtle hints that may have been over looked.
Episode 9 spoiler:
I just watched the clip again and Jon said .. "he'll do whatever is right no matter what". It can be taken either way, but I definitely didn't not hear it the way Koenig did with "honor".

Last edited by McTurok : Jun 15, 2011 at 12:18 PM.
McTurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 09:39 AM   #332
huskylord
Load Management

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

One more episode to go (and then the long wait for season 2)
Question: When HBO releases tv series to DVD, do they typically include extra scenes or lengthen the shows. I'm really hoping they have the chance to flesh out the series. It would be a keeper definelty for my collection.

and yayyy....less than a month for A Dance with Dragons
huskylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 01:03 PM   #333
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
This leads me to believe the thread author wishes a spoiler-free environment. So I added a few spoiler tags (to the last two pages). I've read the books a few times, so I also want to point out that not all of the spoilers are correct. You'll have to suffer through the series to find out which ones.

Please don't post spoilers without tags.

Does the imp take control of the northern kingdom? I actually can't remember that part.
Book spoiler ahead! No he doesn't, not the imp in my recollection. He does some things which I won't mention and after one big event, he takes off. I don't think we find out what happens to him until GRRMartin finishes the next book or two. But from what we have read, I think it's more the Greyjoy's who push for ownership of the north, not the Imp.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 14, 2011, 01:11 PM   #334
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

I appreciate the heads up on the book spoilers so we dont accidently read whats coming up...
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 01:14 PM   #335
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
I appreciate the heads up on the book spoilers so we dont accidently read whats coming up...
I'm seriously just thrilled to see folks talking about this book and how awesome it is! Not to mention the fact that people are reading!
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 02:46 PM   #336
mercs2007
Radeon HD 6870

mercs2007 once held a door open for a complete strangermercs2007 once held a door open for a complete strangermercs2007 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I know its prolly due to budget constraints but I sure wish some battles were shown even if they're cheap CGI.
mercs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 03:09 PM   #337
dodger
Doggy

dodger is still being judged by the masses

I don't have HBO but my friend said I've caught up with the show. WTF they didn't show Tyrion battling it out on screen? Just a conk on the head and next thing he's hobbling back to camp? No sparing with the knight with the morning star yelling "yield"? Has the show at least shown that the Imp can wield a weapon better than Joffrey can?
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 05:02 PM   #338
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Book spoiler ahead! No he doesn't, not the imp in my recollection. He does some things which I won't mention and after one big event, he takes off. I don't think we find out what happens to him until GRRMartin finishes the next book or two. But from what we have read, I think it's more the Greyjoy's who push for ownership of the north, not the Imp.
Book Spoiler There should be a good chunk of Tyrion in a Dance with Dragons. GRRM had a preview chapter up from Tyrion's POV for a while. It will be nice to catch up with Jon, Tyrion, and Dany.
Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:32 PM   #339
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
I don't have HBO but my friend said I've caught up with the show. WTF they didn't show Tyrion battling it out on screen? Just a conk on the head and next thing he's hobbling back to camp? No sparing with the knight with the morning star yelling "yield"? Has the show at least shown that the Imp can wield a weapon better than Joffrey can?
no it hasn't. the lack of a battle scene was very unfortunate. guess they were trying to save money
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:43 PM   #340
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Game of Thrones' Actor Sean Bean Stabbed Following Spat Over Playboy Model

British actor Sean Bean was stabbed in the arm following a spat over a Playboy model outside a bar in London.
The "Lord Of The Rings" and "Game of Thrones" star was apparently attacked outside the Hill Bar and Brasserie in Camden, northwest London late Sunday, British newspaper The Daily Mail reported Tuesday.
Witnesses said Bean, 52, suffered a cut arm and a bruised face but did not want to go to hospital. He instead walked back into the bar and ordered another drink.
A member of staff said, "Sean is a regular here and we've never had any problems before. He was with a very attractive woman and an incident occurred outside the bar."
They added, "He came in with a cut on his arm and a bruise on his eyebrow. We saw to his injuries with the first aid kit. He seemed OK and wanted to have another drink."
The row began when a passerby made some lewd comments about Summers, real name Nadia Foster, a 22-year-old topless model who appeared in Italian Playboy.
Witnesses said Bean followed the man and challenged him. Bean was then stabbed in the arm with what was believed to be broken glass, when he went outside for a cigarette later that night.
Police were called to the scene but neither they nor Bean have commented on the incident.
It is not known if Bean, who has been married four times, is dating Summers. The model -- who lives close to the bar -- told the newspaper she was not injured in the incident and that it was "a private matter."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...#ixzz1PIEjdwSS
I guess getting his head lopped off wasn't good enough for him.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:49 PM   #341
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Bean is a baller. I mean who the hell with the name Bean gets to be that awesome?
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:54 PM   #342
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Bean fans should check out Black Death. Pretty good dark ages plague era flick. It is a somber dark movie.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:58 PM   #343
McTurok
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamar View Post
Bean fans should check out Black Death. Pretty good dark ages plague era flick. It is a somber dark movie.
I didn't really find it all that good of a movie, plus zero replay value.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 07:04 PM   #344
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTurok View Post
I didn't really find it all that good of a movie, plus zero replay value.
Yeah, it is a watch one time flick. I wouldn't purchase it. It is worth a Netflix slot.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 08:46 PM   #345
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Wow they killed off the main character basically. Didn't see that coming. This series is definitely not about the good guys winning. I like it though.

- Edited by Dave, added spoiler tags.

Come on folks don't ruin it for people that haven't seen it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.

Last edited by Dave : Jun 14, 2011 at 08:48 PM.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:44 PM   #346
Koenig
He wo hitte

Koenig once held a door open for a complete strangerKoenig once held a door open for a complete strangerKoenig once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTurok View Post
I just watched the clip again and Jon said .. "he'll do whatever is right no matter what". It can be taken either way, but I definitely didn't not hear it the way Koenig did with "honor".

Ok. You're right he didn't say that exactly, but I think honor is inferred by "do the right thing." In Ned's mind, the right thing was giving the throne to the true heir, Stannis.

屁をひつて尻窄め "Breaking wind, closing buttocks" - Japanese Proverb

www.angelman.org
www.cureangelman.org
Koenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:29 PM   #347
McTurok
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
Ok. You're right he didn't say that exactly, but I think honor is inferred by "do the right thing." In Ned's mind, the right thing was giving the throne to the true heir, Stannis.
Episode 9 spoiler:
I don't disagree with you, just that the way it was spoken leaves it open to how the watcher/reader wants to interpret it. I see it different then you which I think works well for books. Neither of us are wrong IMHO. Also I think "doing the right thing" was protecting his daughter, he had to put his soldier's honor aside.

Last edited by McTurok : Jun 15, 2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 03:23 AM   #348
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
The books are definitely not about the good guys winning.
Fixt. So those of you who haven't read them and expect happy endings and good things happening to good people should really change their expectations. Ned's death should prove that to you.

Oh and the spoiler tag thing is getting tiresome. Put spoiler tags people. I won't say it again.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 03:29 AM   #349
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Wow they killed off the main character basically. Didn't see that coming. This series is definitely not about the good guys winning. I like it though.
What makes you think he was the main character? I think the main characters in it are the families rather than the individuals, and despite whats coming in the last few episodes, the show is hinting at way more interesting story arcs than the current one.

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2011, 06:22 AM   #350
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
What makes you think he was the main character? I think the main characters in it are the families rather than the individuals, and despite whats coming in the last few episodes, the show is hinting at way more interesting story arcs than the current one.
Haven't read the books. I intend to though. He is just a big name actor, the only one really, in the tv series. I expected him to last longer. Also sorry bout spoiler tags. Do we have to tag EVERYTHING? I mean come on, if people aren't keeping up every week it's a pain in the ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2011, 06:51 AM   #351
kepler
Radeon Arctic Islands

kepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Haven't read the books. I intend to though. He is just a big name actor, the only one really, in the tv series. I expected him to last longer. Also sorry bout spoiler tags. Do we have to tag EVERYTHING? I mean come on, if people aren't keeping up every week it's a pain in the ass.
For TV show spoiler, it's probably more that it takes some people (who can't get HBO) a day or two to get caught up on the latest episode. That said, I'd probably just avoid the thread until I'd seen it.
kepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2011, 07:44 AM   #352
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfowler View Post
For TV show spoiler, it's probably more that it takes some people (who can't get HBO) a day or two to get caught up on the latest episode. That said, I'd probably just avoid the thread until I'd seen it.
Aka common sense. Book spoilers should definitely be tagged, as for TV Show ones, tagging it for a few days after the episode airs won't hurt anyone.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 09:50 AM   #353
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

I think I might give book reading a chance, at least for this story. I've downloaded all the classics on my Kindle but don't feel compelled to read any of them, but I'm actually curious how I would visualize this particular story in my head. I'm tired of using my Kindle for just reference books.
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:40 AM   #354
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

My wife and I finally got caught up to the last couple of episodes. She hasn't read the books and was pissed at what happened. One more episode, then bring on Dance with Dragons!
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:45 PM   #355
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Not a bad episode, but it didnt feel like your typical finale. More or less just a bunch of setup scenes for the next chapter. But I must say that the ending, tho expected, was kind of sweet. Are waiting a full year for the next bit to start?
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:51 PM   #356
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

According to GRRM's blog they start shooting next month. They are still casting some of the characters. 10 episodes just like this year.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:34 AM   #357
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Not a bad episode, but it didnt feel like your typical finale. More or less just a bunch of setup scenes for the next chapter.
Yup, I felt that last week's episode was really the season finale; like you said this one was just the start of the next season
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:39 AM   #358
GravY
Rage3D Spammer

GravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Boobies!
"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
GravY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:40 AM   #359
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravY View Post
Boobies!
Definitely

She's hot too
Old Jun 20, 2011, 02:24 AM   #360
mercs2007
Radeon HD 6870

mercs2007 once held a door open for a complete strangermercs2007 once held a door open for a complete strangermercs2007 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I dunno about you but I find the last scene epic because of the tiny dragons and then the dragon on her shoulder flapping its wings and everyone bowing to her like they just saw a goddess in the making
mercs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote