Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 17, 2011, 03:00 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

Default Official Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones discussion [spoilers!]

Moderator Note: This thread is specific to the HBO TV series, not the book. If you're going to discuss / spoil with book content, post in the GoT Book Spoiler thread instead.

So what do you think? Fail or not? Will debut Sunday, April 17

Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2011, 03:05 PM   #2
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I can't wait. I think it is going to be great. GRRM seems pretty pleased as well.

Cap it off with A Dance With Dragons finally coming out!
Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2011, 03:11 PM   #3
huskylord
Load Management

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

July 12th....(but we've been burned before)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 17, 2011, 03:26 PM   #4
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

can't wait!
Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2011, 03:33 PM   #5
chunk
Radeon R520

chunk is still being judged by the masses

Show looks tight.

I'm currently re-reading the series.
chunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2011, 04:22 PM   #6
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
July 12th....(but we've been burned before)
Thinking positive. He seems to think he'll be done and the publisher is turning the screws.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 04:52 PM   #7
Caleb
Radeon Arctic Islands

Caleb is still being judged by the masses

This actually looks like a worthy dapatation of the book.
Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:59 PM   #8
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

Soo whats the book about
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2011, 07:40 PM   #9
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

PVR configured! Hopefully its not a let down, TV is boring these days.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2011, 08:46 PM   #10
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Will download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2011, 10:15 PM   #11
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

I loved it. Felt faithful to the novels and still compelling and new. I love the choice for Daenerys. Her character was perfectly cast, can't wait to see how her story is shown based on what was in the books. The white walkers also were very well done.

Winter is definitely coming.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2011, 11:18 PM   #12
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Have no clue about the novels, but i must say im very impressed. They seem to have the right actors for the characters. Seems very well put together so far, definitely will watch going forward.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:27 AM   #13
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
Have no clue about the novels, but i must say im very impressed. They seem to have the right actors for the characters. Seems very well put together so far, definitely will watch going forward.
If the series stays even remotely true to the books, my only advice is stay hooked but don't get too attached to any of the characters.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2011, 08:41 AM   #14
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
that's interesting. i enjoyed the episode and it stays very true to the story, spanning about the first 90-100 pages of the novel. however, i did get the feeling that i enjoyed it because i knew the story, and that if i hadn't, there were quite a lot of abrupt gaps and transitions between the various scenes. just an idle thought that crossed my mind while watching it.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2011, 04:17 PM   #15
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jokerzwild is still being judged by the masses

Best new show I've seen in a LONG time. I just wish I wouldn't have noticed it until there were already a few seasons in the can so i could marathon watch them all. I hate waiting on weekly shows

Damn... I didn't even recognize Jason Momoa as Drago until I saw the credits roll! Homeboy got some bulk! I read that he's playing Conan in some ripoff remake pretty soon and fanboys went ballistic that he wasn't big enough for the part (and that he's Hawaiian, and most importantly, not Ahhnold). Guess he's trying to prove them wrong.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 04:54 PM   #16
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

I still say there was no need to remake Conan. The 1980's one with Arnold was about as perfect as you could ask for.

Oh well.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2011, 05:11 PM   #17
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Impressed yet again... looking forward for future events, looks like some crazy **** is about to go down!
Old Apr 27, 2011, 01:44 AM   #18
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Watched the second ep, and I officially hope the queen, her brother, and her son die off. I know we need good antagonist for a story, and they are excellent in those roles..but man I'm ready to see them get their comeuppance.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2011, 07:59 PM   #19
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Not sure where else to post this...

George R.R. Martin has finished A Dance with Dragons
http://grrm.livejournal.com/212603.html

July --

Take a month off and get back to writing Winds of Winter!
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:24 PM   #20
HiThere
salty cracker

HiThere is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
I still say there was no need to remake Conan. The 1980's one with Arnold was about as perfect as you could ask for.

Oh well.
Nah....there's plenty of the Conan story that hasn't been told, such as, well, the original story and the original character the way he was portrayed in the books. He was supposed to by strong, crafty and intelligent, not brutish. I liked the Ahnold movies for what they were, but what they were not, imho, is the definitive take on that particular character and the world he lived in.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:53 PM   #21
mdrnhl
load "*" ,8,1

mdrnhl is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiThere View Post
Nah....there's plenty of the Conan story that hasn't been told, such as, well, the original story and the original character the way he was portrayed in the books. He was supposed to by strong, crafty and intelligent, not brutish. I liked the Ahnold movies for what they were, but what they were not, imho, is the definitive take on that particular character and the world he lived in.
Yep, exactly this.

Also, as far as Game of Thrones goes....second ep was even better than the first!
Old May 1, 2011, 07:55 PM   #22
Tyler582
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Tyler582 is still being judged by the masses

This is schwartz and I've obtained access to tyler582's account to state that we are watching episode 3 on hbo tonight. In the hope of being able to publically discuss the show without being told to STFU, sat the guys down before the game last night and watched the pilot. Fast forward 24 hours later, we have watched both episodes multiple times and even the making of mini doc. Alcohol + HD on demand cable = day lost.

Shows terrific though and reminds me of The Witcher video game, though more adult, much better writing and more interesting characters. I'm hooked.
ASUS UL30-VT A1 13.3" Notebook w/64GB SSD
Tyler582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 12:05 AM   #23
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Just finished Dance With Dragons and all I have to say is... book spoiler ahead
**** YOU GRRMARTIN!!!

Yep. Wonder how long we will have to wait for winds of winter?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 01:23 AM   #24
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Yeah but I severly dislike that. Because you get so few answers throughout the season. It's too much of a roller coaster. It's actually turning me off of the show
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2012, 09:37 AM   #25
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Can somebody tell me what the hell happened with Theon? I turned it for 2 minutes to see the score of my baseball team as he was giving his speech for battle and turned it back and they are dragging someone off in the courtyard..and next I know the whole castle is burnt...like wtf?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 09:42 AM   #26
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

I was extremely confused as well-- In terms of WTF happened to the castle? There was only 20 men inside, and they were leaving with theon. And 500 men outside. How the hell did the castle burn if they were leaving? And if they did burn it how did the 500 men not get inside to stop it? Were there really not men outside, and that was just a lie to get theon out of there?
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz

Last edited by CurrentlyPissed : Jun 4, 2012 at 09:44 AM.
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2012, 09:45 AM   #27
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
I was extremely confused as well-- In terms of WTF happened to the castle? There was only 20 men inside, and they were leaving with theon. And 500 men outside. How the hell did the castle burn if they were leaving? And if they did burn it how did the 500 men not get inside to stop it? Were there really not men outside, and that was just a lie to get theon out of there?
I had the same thought.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2012, 09:54 AM   #28
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Yeah there are some areas that seem confusing, im assuming these situations are meant to be so we can ponder about them and they will, err i hope, get answered next year. My biggest question is related to the starks castle and who burnt it down. I mean, there's only 20 greyjoys and they were able to over power the citizens and burn the city down? Who exactly were outside the castle, 500 banner men of the starks or just people who want to overtake the castle and kill the greyjoys? The biggest issue that this series has are all the mini stories taking place, theres almost tooo much going on so details are getting left out. They need to tighten it up a bit.

Last edited by **G.I.BRO** : Jun 4, 2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 03:35 PM   #29
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
They probably just tossed fire on everything as they were leaving, maybe through the tunnels. It only took a few men to take the castle in the first place, it's not like the people living there suddenly decided to grow a pair and stand up to them while they were on their way out.

I want more dragons
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 03:41 PM   #30
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Amazing finale. Awesome!!!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote