Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Jun 4, 2020, 12:09 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
You got your money ready?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2020, 12:24 PM   #62
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
You got your money ready?
yep

September for my B-day will be good

if it is faster than my 2080 ti strix

hopefully it will release in September and NV will announce a 3 to 6 month delay right after
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2020, 12:29 PM   #63
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
yep

September for my B-day will be good

if it is faster than my 2080 ti strix

hopefully it will release in September and NV will announce a 3 to 6 month delay right after
I wonder what nV will do. If they're confident they have the edge (and the product availabilty) I see them launching before they do.

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 4, 2020, 02:29 PM   #64
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I want to know price, was reading expensive Big Navi, I hope they dont take the Nvidia BS route.
Nascar24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2020, 02:46 PM   #65
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
I wonder what nV will do. If they're confident they have the edge (and the product availabilty) I see them launching before they do.
last time NV released right before AMD was the GTX 280 and then they had to drop prices and give rebates
after that they both started releasing months apart

NV will wait for AMD then release soon after if they got the edge by a good bit

but if it is close they will delay and reclock their cards to keep their high prices
but by then a lot of people will have already bought AMD
Old Jun 4, 2020, 04:32 PM   #66
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

I think they could both release anytime but if NV waits to unveil its 3k gpus it may feel it has an edge. If it didnt it would sell it now before amd could claim some sales. Coming later only means to finetune if AMD has a strong gpu this time.

IMO both NV and amd know each others soon to release offerings better than we do... Both from what they can deduce from their own engineering teams that often worked at both companies and spy on.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.5.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50a bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.5.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2020, 08:44 PM   #67
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

It doesn't seem to me that Nvidia has much reason to release first if they know AMD has something coming soon. They currently hold the performance crown, so assuming their chips are still selling decently they can just wait a couple of extra months before releasing their new chip. Either way they get the sales bump of the new architecture, just offset by a few months, while not obsoleting their current products faster than necessary.

With Vega and Navi, AMD was obviously so far behind in their development cycle that it made no sense for them to wait.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2020, 09:22 PM   #68
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird sings

Cyberpunk 2077's release date is September 17th. Big Navi will be out in September.
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2020, 11:18 AM   #69
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Cyberpunk 2077's release date is September 17th. Big Navi will be out in September.
2 + 2 = ?

yoz
Old Jun 7, 2020, 10:43 AM   #70
Falck
Radeon R420

Falck is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
I hope RT support in CP2077 isn't only nVidia specific.
Falck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2020, 12:56 PM   #71
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falck View Post
I hope RT support in CP2077 isn't only nVidia specific.
it should not

since it is getting it on ps5 and xbox series x that use RDNA 2 also
Old Jun 7, 2020, 02:15 PM   #72
Taman Linkin
Rage3D Veteran

Taman Linkin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyTaman Linkin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
2 + 2 = ?
quikmafs
Old Jun 7, 2020, 02:25 PM   #73
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
it should not

Let's not all jump aboard the AMD rumour train again. I've been bitten twice now and it won't be a third time

Before I part with any money I'm going to wait for the following;

1. They release it this year and in enough quantities to buy it at MRSP.
2. It actually delivers the performance I want. No if's and's or buts.
3. They have specific ready drivers to go from day one.
4. Under load it doesn't sound like an aircraft taking off.

If that happens then I'm in the market, if not just forget it. Price wise I'm relaxed as I turned 60 last month and this might be my last hurrah in the graphics market so if it's £1,000 so what. I've finally realised it's only money and you can't take it with you. Just spent £1,100 on a set of Ping G710 irons and I've told the kids I'm going to spend their inheritance so they're going to have to keep working for a living.
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon Pulse 5700XT, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2020, 03:05 PM   #74
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Let's not all jump aboard the AMD rumour train again. I've been bitten twice now and it won't be a third time

If that happens then I'm in the market, if not just forget it. Price wise I'm relaxed as I turned 60 last month and this might be my last hurrah in the graphics market so if it's £1,000 so what. I've finally realised it's only money and you can't take it with you. Just spent £1,100 on a set of Ping G710 irons and I've told the kids I'm going to spend their inheritance so they're going to have to keep working for a living.

don't buy reference cards .
unless you plan on water cooling it

like with my NV cards i will wait for the ASUS Strix and that usually takes 6 week to 2 months and will fix #3 also if needed

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/a...rix-oc/31.html

Last edited by bill dennison : Jun 7, 2020 at 03:11 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 10:05 AM   #75
Falck
Radeon R420

Falck is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
it should not

Yeah, I hope that's logical to let PC also have RT that the XSX and PS5 will get. But, also, it's weird they are doing it gameworks way on PC, and go for DX/AMD RT on console...

https://www.techpowerup.com/256498/c...ort-on-pc?cp=1
Falck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2020, 10:37 AM   #76
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post

One thing Ive noticed is people have more time for their hobbies like pcgaming when they retire so makes sense to buy then and not years before when you're too busy to enjoy it. I have a huge library of games waiting for my early partial retirement next year. As well as a bookshelf with up to 20 year old books waiting to be read.

So unless navi2 is really great I might just wait for next years navi 3...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.5.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50a bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.5.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jun 11, 2020, 01:21 PM   #77
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2020, 02:50 PM   #78
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Jim made it private because the navi 2 rumor was bs... apparently the numbers he had reffered to the pcb not the gpu.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jun 11, 2020, 03:29 PM   #79
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
One thing Ive noticed is people have more time for their hobbies like pcgaming when they retire so makes sense to buy then and not years before when you're too busy to enjoy it. I have a huge library of games waiting for my early partial retirement next year. As well as a bookshelf with up to 20 year old books waiting to be read.

So unless navi2 is really great I might just wait for next years navi 3...
TBH pax gaming is my second hobby after golf which is mostly what I'd do when I retire. I had 11 weeks working from home during the UK lockdown and ended up bored sh1tless. If that's what retirement looks like I'm not in a hurry to retire. Part time maybe and like you I have a huge steam library of games I've not even loaded.

Time will tell but I'm hoping Navi 2 is the real deal so I can buy it and an XboxX Series and then call it quits.
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon Pulse 5700XT, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Jun 11, 2020, 05:29 PM   #80
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Gaming is a winter thing here so 3 seasons... well 2 and half some years... I also need to get out more but Im more a road trip kind of guy. Tried golf and I suck at it. The booze was ok tho...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jun 14, 2020, 04:04 AM   #81
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
New AMD Radeon Logo Spotted at PC Gaming Show 2020, Big Navi Radeon RX Graphics Cards Could Get Major Branding Revamp
https://wccftech.com/new-amd-radeon-...-cards-unveil/

Old Jun 15, 2020, 10:19 PM   #82
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Massive leaks... 30% faster than 2080ti at $999 yay or nay?

It's probably fake though
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:14 PM   #83
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

his ending point for why he thinks it's fake, missing the (up to) beside the clocks is incorrect as well.

from the 5700xt press deck

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2020, 02:56 AM   #84
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post

Massive leaks... 30% faster than 2080ti at $999 yay or nay?

It's probably fake though
Looks like we’re all screwed if real, if true the 3080 will go for $899 to $999.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 09:09 AM   #85
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Looks like we’re all screwed if real, if true the 3080 will go for $899 to $999.
No doubt.

yoz
Old Jun 16, 2020, 12:13 PM   #86
Nascar24

Quote:
No doubt.
I’m hoping for no higher then $799 from AMD, but looks like competition may not save us after all if this is anywhere close to true, maybe a year down the line it will but definitely not at release.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 12:19 PM   #87
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

looks fake because we know they showing a two fan cooling card for months

but 30% for 6900 and more fore a 6950 is ok

but i do think AMD's top card will be 999
the 6950 most likely
Old Jun 16, 2020, 12:39 PM   #88
AllexxisF1
Owie.

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

So much FUD going around. I don't think anyone has a grip on what's to come tbh.

Going to be an interesting September though, and the following months in the Christmas season just might have us see a small price war.

This pandemic is going to keep people at home till at least next Spring. If these card companies play their cards right, i.e. release them during the second round of stimulus, they are going to rake it in. Deservedly so.

I'm definitely upgrading my 5700XT. It's been a great card, but I just need that little bit more for VR.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2020, 01:22 PM   #89
Nascar24

Quote:
looks fake because we know they showing a two fan cooling card for months

but 30% for 6900 and more fore a 6950 is ok

but i do think AMD's top card will be 999
the 6950 most likely
Yea the cooler in the early reveal definitely was totally different then the older style they are showing here, but who knows, maybe they changed their mind to go water.

Last edited by Nascar24 : Jun 16, 2020 at 05:38 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 04:05 PM   #90
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

ATI Technologies

If big Navi turns out to be faster than the 2080TI then AMD could use an aggresive pricing strategy to gain market share and at the same time throw Nvidia's pricing strategy into chaos. Even if Big Navi is only 10% faster than the 2800TI but priced at say $£800 it would deal a serious blow to the top end Turing cards which would become virtually redundant over night.

NVidia would then have to respond by pricing their 3080 cards in the same ball park as Big Navi or risk losing market share. Win win situation for us guys with a return to a pricing war. Unfortunately AMD could also decide to price Big Navi close to 2080TI and keep the profit margin high on what will be small production cards because of their price.

AMD has said that it wants to disrupt the 4K graphics market just like it did with Ryzen in the CPU market. The big caveat, of course, is Big Navi needs to deliver on performance and doesn't end up like Fury and Vega. If it can deliver the performance and AMD price it right we could all benefit. Time will tell.