Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 12, 2019, 04:45 AM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
where is the battle pass
Wtf you want battle pass in this shite?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2019, 05:49 PM   #182
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

If they don't get the cheating under control, this game is going to go down in flames. every other match has one in it. Tired of shooting with a X8 scope, barely able to see the person, and I shoot, and they instantly snap to me and I get mowed down from that distance from a R-99. I recorded one of them after I died, he was aimbotting and walling (spectated him). Most of them have legend names with a bunch of numbers after. However the one I recorded didn't. Just a fyi

Between that and the 20 tic servers.. I hope they get the cheating under control and raise the server tick rate/fix the net code.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:45 PM   #183
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

people are really freaking out about the hackers on reddit. i havn't played for the last 3 or 4 days but back then it didnt seem too bad. couple people here or there suspect but not worse than pubg or csgo imo. maybe it got really bad over the last 1 or 2 days....
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 14, 2019, 01:31 PM   #184
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
people are really freaking out about the hackers on reddit. i havn't played for the last 3 or 4 days but back then it didnt seem too bad. couple people here or there suspect but not worse than pubg or csgo imo. maybe it got really bad over the last 1 or 2 days....
It's much worse than pubg and cs:go. They don't even try to hide it now.

~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
Old Mar 14, 2019, 01:41 PM   #185
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

jesus. now what am i going to play over spring break? my like 50+ games i haven't played yet? lol
Old Mar 14, 2019, 06:28 PM   #186
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

its a free to play game. there are no penalties for hacking/cheating, so it is gonna be rampant. Until they can sort out their anticheat properly, there is nothing they can do about it.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2019, 09:00 PM   #187
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Just play it on PS4 or Xbox.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2019, 09:11 PM   #188
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
its a free to play game. there are no penalties for hacking/cheating, so it is gonna be rampant. Until they can sort out their anticheat properly, there is nothing they can do about it.
There are a lot of f2p games out there that do not have a rampant problem with hacker/cheating. Fortnite had some issues, but has been able to get it under control (per my son, as I don't care for Fortnite and haven't played it for a long time)

However, since Apex is built on the source engine, hacking it is child's play it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Just play it on PS4 or Xbox.
I don't own a console and I never will. (I did own a xbox 360 many years ago, because my kids asked me to get one for them.. it collected dust for 2 years till I gave it away).

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Mar 14, 2019 at 09:21 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 07:42 PM   #189
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

battlepass out tomorrow. for the most part people are pretty upset because it seems like the biggest attraction for it is skins, and the skins for the most part are not good. and you get a kill counter for the season. it's only 10 bucks though.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 08:04 PM   #190
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

At least the new character isnt behind a pay wall.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2019, 08:52 PM   #191
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
At least the new character isnt behind a pay wall.
is he going to be unlocked how caustic and mirage were?

info but nothing about new hero: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/apex-legends/battle-pass

Last edited by bob saget : Mar 18, 2019 at 09:28 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:18 PM   #192
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
is he going to be unlocked how caustic and mirage were?

info but nothing about new hero: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/apex-legends/battle-pass
Yes confirmed on Twitter. Check polygon.

Old Mar 19, 2019, 08:44 AM   #193
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Respawn is taking things a bit further and is now reportedly issuing permanent hardware bans against PC gamers who are caught cheating. Word of the permanent bans first surfaced on Reddit with alleged screenshots from cheating forums where players were complaining about being unable to rejoin the game after being hit with an account ban.

One of the cheaters had reportedly tried several things to regain access to the game, including changing their MAC address, reformatting their drive, and partitioning the drive of the PC with no luck. One of the limited methods for players to get back into the game after being banned is reportedly to buy a new PC. Permanent hardware bans are the latest way that Respawn is trying to set Apex Legends apart from the battle royale masses by curbing cheating. Respawn has promised that an in-game reporting feature for cheaters will be added.

https://amp.hothardware.com/news/ape...c-hardware-ban
Good

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2019, 09:08 AM   #194
logical
What is my purpose?

Nice, anything to keep it clean. I havent played in a couple of weeks cause I have been busy but Im giving it a go tonight for that season pass and new character love. Chances are I wont be able to play him because hes the new hotness but I should be able to get at least 1 game with him.

Old Mar 19, 2019, 05:55 PM   #195
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

'Apex Legends' has banned 500,000 accounts for cheating

"Apex Legends season 1 is now underway, and beyond the updates previously Respawn had revealed would be included in today's patch (including a new character, balance changes and character hitbox fixes), it revealed 499,937 accounts have been banned for cheating so far." (source)
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2019, 07:14 PM   #196
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

spent a bunch of hours playing. not gonna get the season pass. it doesn't seem to be good and I don't want to reward them (yes i understand the irony of saying that when the game is free). the skins you get with season pass aren't that good imo.
i did unlock the new guy with the **** i had saved up and he's kindda fun. i also do like you get SOME free rewards for the season without getting the pass.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 01:45 AM   #197
logical
What is my purpose?

I got the season pass cause I had left over currency. I'm not a big fan of the new character. He's only good for flanking and that's and it. For movement I'd rather have Pathfinder.

Old Mar 20, 2019, 08:46 AM   #198
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I got the season pass cause I had left over currency. I'm not a big fan of the new character. He's only good for flanking and that's and it. For movement I'd rather have Pathfinder.
I also got the pass to support Respawn... I have more hours in this than BF5 so figured I could throw them a few bucks.

I tried out Octane for a few hours last night, and I agree with your thoughts. However, I enjoy flanking and found myself more successful with him than some of the other characters. Hitting a busy market drop, for example, I zipped out to the cave, grabbed some weapons and was able to run back and be effective rather than just punch some dude with a peacekeeper pointlessly Only remembered to use the jump pads a few times and they were neat - though I probably wasn't using them to their full effectiveness.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2019, 08:51 AM   #199
logical
What is my purpose?

Hot drops he can be effective but late game a flank like that is mostly going to get you tore up as everyone is decked out with weapons and armor.

With the jumper you can get a little more distance if you slide into it but its nothing groundbreaking. Like pathfinder is a means to get somewhere, but unlike pathfinder its not as effective. With the zipline you have WAY more distance and you can pinpoint EXACTLY where you want to go.

Im sticking to Caustic and Pathfinder. Everyone and their moms are using Octane now anyway. Ill give him a shot again like halfway through the season that way everyone gets him out of their system.

Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:16 PM   #200
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Im sticking to Caustic and Pathfinder. Everyone and their moms are using Octane now anyway. Ill give him a shot again like halfway through the season that way everyone gets him out of their system.
I have Caustic unlocked but was waiting for the hitbox changes to test him out. How do you play him? Any advice?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:42 PM   #201
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
I have Caustic unlocked but was waiting for the hitbox changes to test him out. How do you play him? Any advice?
I use his ultimate to flush people out at the end. I use his other power for defensive purposes(hide from fire, keep fire away) and to see if anyone is following me in corridors.

Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:50 PM   #202
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

his biggest problem is how huge his hitboxes are. people aren't going to be missing you very much.

what i need to do start doing is using more nades. i usually dont carry any in favor of other things but they are SO annoying to deal against. i dont understand how streamers equip nades seemingly with 1 button press. i hate navigating the little circle menu to find the nade...
Old Mar 20, 2019, 01:29 PM   #203
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
his biggest problem is how huge his hitboxes are. people aren't going to be missing you very much.

what i need to do start doing is using more nades. i usually dont carry any in favor of other things but they are SO annoying to deal against. i dont understand how streamers equip nades seemingly with 1 button press. i hate navigating the little circle menu to find the nade...
There should be a hotkey for grenades and the game will just put one in automatically and when that stack runs out, it will grab the next. The only reason you ever need to use the wheel if you want to change the currently active grenade. After that it's just hotkey and mouseclick.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 02:16 PM   #204
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

yeah i figured it out. i dont think it was coming up because i wasnt picking up nades lol
Old Mar 20, 2019, 03:28 PM   #205
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
No one ever seems to miss me no matter who I am playing as Ill keep rocking him and if his hitboxes get smaller great

Old Mar 20, 2019, 03:33 PM   #206
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

I need to play this again with you guys lol.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:03 AM   #207
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Met the juiciest team yesterday to latch on to. It was 2 guys who queued together and after I played with them in random queue added them and we proceeded to win like 5 out of 6 or 7 games.

Solid gun players but not insta killing everything and do get downed occasionally. But great communication, loot sharing, and tactics. I'm the least experienced out of the 3 so I usually am the third into the fight finishing people off and dropping barrage on enemy while they heals. Good times.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 08:58 AM   #208
logical
What is my purpose?

Came across a hacker last night. I guess the hacking community(like always) is ahead of the curve. Guy was skating around at 100x speed.

Old Mar 22, 2019, 09:22 AM   #209
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Came across a hacker last night. I guess the hacking community(like always) is ahead of the curve. Guy was skating around at 100x speed.
He was playing the super secret tribes edition.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:36 AM   #210
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
havn't seen (but definitely heard about) the speed hackers. i think if you spectate him after he kills you you can report by pressing "r" but not sure.