Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:59 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

right on. from what i've seen, it pays to be aggressive. once you see enemies, you should either be engaging them or flanking pretty much right away if the situation allows it. have fun!
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2019, 03:29 AM   #32
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Wow this is one of the most polished mp games I've played in a while. Everything is just liquid smooth. I guess no surprise given that titanfall 2 ran great.

Pushing the source engine with a very large game space and the LOD is not bad at all. Looks pretty good on the whole.

Played like 4 matches and actually won one. It only has 60 players (20 squads of 3) and the map seems a tad too big for that player count. In every game it took a bit of time to find baddies at the start, but I mean that's not necessarily a bad thing. 72 or something might be better.

Ping feature (aka spot) is quite nice and reduces the reliance on voice chat, actually it's better than voice chat in many respects because it tags items for your buddies, it persists and is easily understood.

They have mixed heroes / ultimates into the game and it gives it personality.

I'll be playing it more this weekend. Might be the first Battle Royale game I like.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2019, 03:56 AM   #33
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Are you sure its source? titan fall 2 was using a different engine.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 6, 2019, 05:01 AM   #34
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Titanfall 2 uses a heavily modified version of source and I suspect this is another step in that direction. I guess a bit like CoD uses the quake 3 engine. I don't know for sure though.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 05:18 AM   #35
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Nuts is right: modified version of the Source tech.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:56 PM   #36
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Been plaing this a bit. Suck at it, but it's easily the best of the battle royal games so far. Its almost like planet side, but every squad is an enemy team.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 01:14 AM   #37
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Its surprisingly good. More polished than I thought it was going to be.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2019, 01:32 AM   #38
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Been plaing this a bit. Suck at it, but it's easily the best of the battle royal games so far. Its almost like planet side, but every squad is an enemy team.
You don't suck worse than me, but it is fun. PUBG was hard for me because the TTK was so low that I literally couldn't get a shot off. At least in this I can get a few kills on occasion and survive for a bit.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2019, 02:41 AM   #39
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

I'm not good at this game but I like it more than any other battle royale game by a long margin.

Only problem for me is that I'm getting a number of random crashes, like 1 out of every 4 games crashes with no error. Apparently it's a fairly common problem.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 02:52 PM   #40
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
You don't suck worse than me, but it is fun. PUBG was hard for me because the TTK was so low that I literally couldn't get a shot off. At least in this I can get a few kills on occasion and survive for a bit.
Had fun with you and pewpie!!!! this is what happened after you left!!!

We won like 4 times I got 2 winning kills

Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2019, 05:39 PM   #41
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Had fun with you and pewpie!!!! this is what happened after you left!!!

We won like 4 times I got 2 winning kills
That makes sense... don't think you could get wins with all my dead weight!
Old Feb 10, 2019, 08:53 PM   #42
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

What’s the point of XP in this game?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:43 PM   #43
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
What’s the point of XP in this game?
Every level you get a "loot crate" thing and some currency to unlock stuff. That's pretty much it.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:09 PM   #44
lemonhead
Radeon R700

lemonhead can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylemonhead can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylemonhead can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It's an amazing game. The movement, though with fewer tricks than that in Titanfall 2, is very well implemented. The combat is good, with the limited magazine size the only negative I can think of.

Best thing about it is that it allows you to play a team game, without much coordination or voice communication. I have very little interest in multiplayer games, and almost none in team based shooters, but this game is unlike any other team based shooter I can think of. First of all, you can turn off voice completely. One of the options allow you to convert incoming voice to text. There's an in-built and in-character ping system, where you can ping enemies, specific items, loot, locations etc. by simple one hotkey. The team characters often chatter on their own, based on the state of the game. When first dropping into the combat zone, there is one team leader who can identify a drop location and other team members can agree or disagree, and once again all of that is done by that same ping hotkey.

Then there are lot of other gameplay innovations, that at least I haven't seen anywhere else. For example you can tell from far that an item is worth picking up. Ammo is color coded with the type of gun you are carrying. Weapon attachments and armor are automatically replaced, once you get objectively better versions, that is going from let's say level 1 to level 2 helmet.

It's just an extremely polished game. This will be a huge success for EA - perhaps their biggest game in years.
lemonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:17 PM   #45
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Yes, yes it is.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:35 PM   #46
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Played one round. We won with 0 deaths. IMHO this is much better than the other two F2P battle royal games. I didn't get my 600 legends tokens though for leveling up twice. It showed them on the round summary screen but it still says 0 in the top right.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2019, 02:36 AM   #47
Evileh

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Played with logical and won the first round... the second round however I was afk and couldn't save us... Last round we got stuck behind a mountain and the ring got us lol. Good times!
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:05 AM   #48
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
It's just an extremely polished game. This will be a huge success for EA - perhaps their biggest game in years.
Interesting thing about that, Polygon just posted an article about how the release of another Respawn game immediately before another big EA release (i.e. Anthem) could be bad news for everyone.

Unless both do extremely well, something gonna give. My thoughts are that Anthem will suffer and Bioware will be closed (eventually). Who knows though. EA just can't do anything 'consistently' right.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:12 AM   #49
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I think people coming away with a negative impression of anthem due to the rough state of the demo is going to hurt it more than a f2p battle royale.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:16 AM   #50
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I think people coming away with a negative impression of anthem due to the rough state of the demo is going to hurt it more than a f2p battle royale.
Yeah. It doesn't really matter why they aren't buying it, just that EA will have one successful game, one kind of successful game (BF1) and one flop (Anthem) in the past two quarters. How EA can survive this beating is beyond me.

It would be awesome if Respawn could pull a Bungie and buy itself out of the EA dumpster fire.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:19 AM   #51
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
Interesting thing about that, Polygon just posted an article about how the release of another Respawn game immediately before another big EA release (i.e. Anthem) could be bad news for everyone.

Unless both do extremely well, something gonna give. My thoughts are that Anthem will suffer and Bioware will be closed (eventually). Who knows though. EA just can't do anything 'consistently' right.
I haven't been following Anthem, but is it similar to Apex at all? IF not, it caters to a different group of players, so Apex shouldn't have that much of a effect on how well it does. Not to mention, it isn't like people have to pay for 2 games, as Apex is F2P, Anthem is not. So, how well Anthem does is going to be based on it's merits and not by Apex at all.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:37 AM   #52
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
I haven't been following Anthem, but is it similar to Apex at all? IF not, it caters to a different group of players, so Apex shouldn't have that much of a effect on how well it does. Not to mention, it isn't like people have to pay for 2 games, as Apex is F2P, Anthem is not. So, how well Anthem does is going to be based on it's merits and not by Apex at all.
That should/could be true... Polygon went into that and have a quote from their CEO from 2017(?) just before Titanfall 2 launched saying "Don't worry, Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 have different audiences..." only to find BF1 the biggest Battlefield game to date, and TF2 a failure.

Though admittedly Anthem and Apex are much more different than BF1 and TF2. I guess only time will tell.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:56 AM   #53
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Played with logical and won the first round... the second round however I was afk and couldn't save us... Last round we got stuck behind a mountain and the ring got us lol. Good times!
Who carried the team to a win? THIS GUY RIGHT HERE.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:16 PM   #54
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I don't have him yet, but it seems like Mirage is the best legend with the highest skill cap.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 01:54 PM   #55
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

downloading. finally gonna try. add me homies: bobsag3t
Old Feb 11, 2019, 02:21 PM   #56
Evileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post

Look at all that killing power you did!!!!
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Feb 11, 2019, 05:35 PM   #57
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

won my first game with 4 kills didn't even get a single kill for the first 4 or 5 games.

while it's fun, idk if I am as huge a fan of it as the popularity suggests. battle royale was never my thang, but i like the smooth gunplay.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:44 PM   #58
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post

What the hell is that low damage scores, and virtually no kills from the whole team... did you spend most of the match hiding and not fighting?

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:47 AM   #59
Evileh

Quote:
What the hell is that low damage scores, and virtually no kills from the whole team... did you spend most of the match hiding and not fighting?
strategy!!!!!
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Feb 12, 2019, 01:50 AM   #60
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
do you play it? its actually very easy for that to happen without even meaning to.

i've had so many games with like 0 or 1 or 2 kills. im 6 hours in, and really not sure what to say. it's growing on me a little, but the parts of battle royale i hate keep naggin at me. i hate looting and inventory management part of it, which is huge love the shooting.