Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:42 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
"Disgusting": Telltale's plans to continue The Walking Dead slammed by Game Workers Unite
Quote:
if Telltale can afford any sort of partnership and continue the production of The Walking Dead, they might also be misrepresenting their real financial outlook, and perhaps even violating the Californian rule of law.
https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/dis...workers-unite#

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:45 PM   #32
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Yeah, people are upset they were fired. Understandable, but also kind of misguided. The company is in bankruptcy, so there is going to be oversight of what happens. It's a question of where this money is coming from/where it goes. There's probably other creditors higher on the list than the employees. I'd say the owners almost certainly aren't going to walk away with that money.

Also even if some outside funding comes in to finish that game, that doesn't mean that a few days ago they weren't out of funds. Things change once in bankruptcy, where the whole point is to try to wind down the company (or restructure depending) while paying the creditors as much as possible. The calculation here could be that finishing a game that's most of the way to being done (and which has already been sold via season pass) is a better financial move than just dumping it in the trash.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2018, 07:04 PM   #33
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Bleh, I was let go at the beginning of the financial crisis with the same non-sense, this is nothing new for companies, received no severance and was told I would get health insurance for about 4 days before they canceled. I had no idea they were going to let me go either. While I feel for all the people that lost their jobs, its nothing new and nothing that could be sued over in my opinion.
Nascar24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 26, 2018, 08:25 PM   #34
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Class Action lawsuit has been filed by the laid off employees
https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/25/17...wsuit-warn-act

Quote:
The complaint, filed Monday in federal court in San Francisco, is a class-action lawsuit submitted by Vernie Roberts on behalf of himself and his fellow laid-off workers. In the complaint, Roberts says Telltale — which is based in the San Francisco suburb of San Rafael, California — let go of the employees “without cause” and without providing them with “advance written notice as required by the WARN Act.”
Then later it says

Quote:
Under the WARN Act, businesses that undertake plant closings or mass layoffs with fewer than 60 days’ advance notice are subject to significant financial penalties. Rather than pay fines, a company must give affected employees back pay and benefits for each day of violation.
TellTale is claiming bankruptcy. Do these ex employees even stand a chance of actually getting their money/health benefits even if they do win? Where is the money going to come from, cause chances are the Bankruptcy is going to be finalized before this lawsuit even hits the courts.

And when it comes to bankruptcy, and if they managed to get the lawsuit verdict before the end of bankruptcy and get awarded money, how do the courts determine who gets what? Do lawsuit verdicts get precedence over what is due to creditors and vendors?
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2018, 09:25 PM   #35
Nagorak

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'm pretty sure the act applies to companies that are still operating. It's to make it so if a company moves a plant to China or Mexico they have to give the employees sufficient warning or severance pay. If the company is bankrupt then what can be done? You can't squeeze blood from a stone. Unless it somehow puts them above other creditors I doubt they're getting anything. Maybe the lawsuit is just a long shot claim in case the company somehow manages to get bought up or resume operation.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:51 PM   #36
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
You can't squeeze blood from a stone.
Here in Yurop the gov't pays for some of your severance (we call it wage guarantee, in cases where the company can't (or won't) pay you or goes broke) - you guys have nothing comparable?
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:13 AM   #37
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
Here in Yurop the gov't pays for some of your severance (we call it wage guarantee, in cases where the company can't (or won't) pay you or goes broke) - you guys have nothing comparable?
They'll get unemployment, which maxes out at $450 per week (in California), and they can get it up to 26 weeks or when they find another job, which ever comes first.

Those with children under the age of 21 that are living with them would most likely qualify for Medicaid for themselves, spouse, and all children under the age of 21 living with them. Medicaid takes care of health expenses.

When DISH laid me off in Colorado, the unemployment was $300 a week, which was less than half of what I was making per week at DISH, and since I had a son who is under the age of 21 we were able to qualify for Medicaid myself, my wife, and for my son.

I can't imagine $450 a week is going to do much for these game developers, cause no doubt they made significantly more than that per week.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Last edited by Eisberg : Sep 27, 2018 at 12:21 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 08:31 AM   #38
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This is really sad. Video games is a very fickle business, so I don't pretend to know what they did wrong exactly or how to fix it. Plenty of businesses that treat people poorly and have bad management thrive, so there may be that happening here, and probably other things too.
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2018, 08:46 AM   #39
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

poor management has destroyed many of peoples lives unfortunately.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:32 PM   #40
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
They'll get unemployment, which maxes out at $450 per week (in California), and they can get it up to 26 weeks or when they find another job, which ever comes first.

Those with children under the age of 21 that are living with them would most likely qualify for Medicaid for themselves, spouse, and all children under the age of 21 living with them. Medicaid takes care of health expenses.

When DISH laid me off in Colorado, the unemployment was $300 a week, which was less than half of what I was making per week at DISH, and since I had a son who is under the age of 21 we were able to qualify for Medicaid myself, my wife, and for my son.

I can't imagine $450 a week is going to do much for these game developers, cause no doubt they made significantly more than that per week.
Holy crap. $450 a week for unemployment? Where I live a full time job making minimum wage won't even get you $300 a week.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:44 PM   #41
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
Holy crap. $450 a week for unemployment? Where I live a full time job making minimum wage won't even get you $300 a week.
That is California though, it is different from State to State. Minimum wage in California is $11.00, these people are getting the equivalent to $11.25.

I don't know what State you are in, but a State like Arizona has Unemployment at $240 per week. You can see your States unemployment here
http://www.savingtoinvest.com/maximu...fits-by-state/
Quote:
Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:46 PM   #42
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Same. our unemployment is 330 a week max, and our dollar is like half that of usa or something. Geebus. Plus americans have cheap everything... man.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:01 PM   #43
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Here if you are unemployed you get deported.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2018, 01:36 AM   #44
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Same. our unemployment is 330 a week max, and our dollar is like half that of usa or something. Geebus. Plus americans have cheap everything... man.
Do you have to pay for medical insurance to get medical stuff paid for while in unemployment? In the US, when you go in unemployment, if you want medical insurance you have to pay for COBRA. When I got laid off from DISH, I got $300 per week for unemployment and then if I wanted to continue my health insurance it would cost $1000 per month.
Quote:
Old Sep 28, 2018, 06:06 AM   #45
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Do you have to pay for medical insurance to get medical stuff paid for while in unemployment? In the US, when you go in unemployment, if you want medical insurance you have to pay for COBRA. When I got laid off from DISH, I got $300 per week for unemployment and then if I wanted to continue my health insurance it would cost $1000 per month.
Depnds what your medical insurance covers. We have some though. It covers some doctors, and a few other things. It doesn't cover medications or some other treatments. Like i think dentistry is covered for children, but not adults.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 08:26 PM   #46
Nagorak

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
Cost of living is a lot higher in California, especially if they're up in the San Francisco area (although now LA and SD seem to be catching up). It's possible that $300 goes farther in CO than $450 does in CA. It's very likely that $450 per week isn't enough to even cover many of these ex-employees' rent. Of course, this is why you're supposed to have an emergency fund.

No doubt it sucks that these people lost their jobs. But, to be completely honest I'm more interested in whether TWD manages to be completed somehow. With the jobs, it sucks, but **** happens. The company went under. Someone obviously screwed up, but now it is what it is.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 07:58 AM   #47
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

the 330 a week barely covers rent here, unless you like in a share house or a trailer park. So i imagine it wouldnt cover rent at all in a city?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 06:19 PM   #48
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Apparently they have all voice done for episode 3 and most of it for episode 4. All they need is animators, directors, and programmers to put it together. Fortunately they don't need any gameplay designers because their games have almost none.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2018, 01:48 AM   #49
Nagorak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Fortunately they don't need any gameplay designers because their games have almost none.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 02:18 AM   #50
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Telltale Has Seemingly Laid Off Its Remaining Staff
Telltale might now be completely finished.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/te.../1100-6462291/

Quote:
Old Oct 5, 2018, 04:01 AM   #51
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I'll never understand why there is no game developer union in the US.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2018, 08:44 AM   #52
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
I'll never understand why there is no game developer union in the US.
https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/23/1...lture-gdc-2018

They're smartening up. And that's from someone who doesn't care for a number of unions. They do have their place though and devs need one.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 04:24 PM   #53
azalea
Radeon R300

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/...kmans-skybound

Quote:
Robert Kirkman announced that the final episodes of Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: The Final Season will be released via his company, Skybound, during The Walking Dead panel at New York Comic Con on Saturday.
Assuming someone will just mess around with the Telltale Instant Game Creator they used to use.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2018, 06:59 PM   #54
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea View Post
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/...kmans-skybound

Assuming someone will just mess around with the Telltale Instant Game Creator they used to use.
Apparently third episide was just needing a little bit more testing, and the fourth episode was about to go into testing. So their getting content complete games that just need to go through testing, fixing, and optimizing.
Quote:
Old Oct 7, 2018, 08:49 PM   #55
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
optimizing.
Dammit Jim, we need 61 fps!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 02:44 PM   #56
Nagorak

Quote:
Apparently third episide was just needing a little bit more testing, and the fourth episode was about to go into testing. So their getting content complete games that just need to go through testing, fixing, and optimizing.
I thought the fourth episode still needed assets but that the script was done? Third episode sounds like it's almost done. Either way, it sounds like the groundwork has been laid to finish the story.

It's nice in this case that the original creator of the universe obviously cared enough to get involved and salvage it. Who knows maybe this even opens up the door for a fifth season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
Dammit Jim, we need 61 fps!
Probably with a Telltale game you could play fine with only 10 fps.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 03:38 PM   #57
TenFour
Radeon Northern Islands

TenFour is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
That's unfortunate. Is it easy to tell which are which? I've always been meaning to get some of these games.
I think basically the Wlaking Dead was the first "non-adventure" game. Not sure if one or two more games came out after that but they basically went exclusively to the new format at that point. So the adventure games I'm pretty sure of are Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Strong Bad, Bone, CSI, Wallace & Grommit, and Back to the Future.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2019, 02:50 AM   #58
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Old Aug 29, 2019, 04:43 AM   #59
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

How bizarre to see a studio name resurrected.

Looks like they still have wolf among us license? or at least the ability to sell 1. Does not look like we'll see a game from them for at least 18 months or more likely 2+ years.

If they manage to grab 20+ people from old telltale and make the changes they talk about (e.g. binge episodes together) then maybe, just maybe.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2019, 02:03 PM   #60
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote