Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 24, 2018, 07:49 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Was Doom 2016 all that dark? It had gore, but it was quite colorful in most places.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2018, 03:57 AM   #92
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Was Doom 2016 all that dark? It had gore, but it was quite colorful in most places.
Dark?? I thought it was too bright most places.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:32 PM   #93
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I wish I could play like that.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 13, 2019, 02:15 AM   #94
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I wish I could play like that.
That is pretty basic. Just good aim and memorized map layouts.
Most people could play like that tbh if they memorized the layouts.

Check out clockner, he's pretty much how the Doom Slayer would play Doom.

So many blink and miss moves (grenade throw at 0:54).

He has mastered weapon combos to inflict the most amount of damage with the least amount of ammo (1:03, 1:07, 1:20) instead of just spamming the same weapon.
I don't think he let any of the demons even move after spawning.

And of course, it's all noHUD.
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2019, 04:52 AM   #95
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

GTFO, that guy is mental. No kidding, that's some serious skill.

EDIT/ that looks like hacks man.. really?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 05:28 AM   #96
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2019, 09:47 AM   #97
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Awesome Doom gameplay. He must have played it A LOT.

Looks like how we used to play UT and Quake Arena back in the day with all the fast weapon switching.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:26 AM   #98
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post

EDIT/ that looks like hacks man.. really?
has a lot to do with memorizing the maps, along with fps skill. im assuming stuff spawns very predictably, so after probably many hundreds of hours, he knows exactly what to do.

the weapon switching is very interesting though. i never really did it to such an extent in the classic old quake and doom games. he fires like 4 or 5 different weapons at one enemy. did people do that in the old games?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2019, 08:56 AM   #99
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
the weapon switching is very interesting though. i never really did it to such an extent in the classic old quake and doom games. he fires like 4 or 5 different weapons at one enemy. did people do that in the old games?
Yes, absolutely. Not sure if it was for the same purpose as what this guy was doing in Doom 2016 though. Back then, you needed a different weapon for every little situation during a match. I remember in UT2004 always quickly switching between and firing with lightning gun/flak/minigun/rocket launcher all within a second or two. It really made a big difference in killing your opponent faster than he could kill you.

To get an idea look up some old videos of professional matches of UT and Quake.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 09:31 AM   #100
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

If you played it enough you already memorizes each enemy and how many bullets each one needs to take them down. I remember playing Max Payne 2 in Dead on Arrival difficulty, I remembers where each enemy will spawn and what weapons suited to kill them since there are limited amount of saves each level and still manages to use as little painkiller as possible.

But no matter how good I am, I can't do that sort of thing these guys do in Doom. I'm not that efficient swapping weapons during fights. Always chose wrong weapon and overshot when scrolling weapons And I hated speedrun. Its fun to watch speedrun, but its not my thing.
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2019, 08:25 PM   #101
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

They must be using weapon scripts. I don't see how many of those kills could happen otherwise.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 03:59 AM   #102
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
They must be using weapon scripts. I don't see how many of those kills could happen otherwise.
For sure
Old Mar 15, 2019, 04:39 AM   #103
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

What is the way to switch weapons that fast and always in the same order
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:07 AM   #104
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

It looks to me like the weapon switch is to bypass the fire delay. Apparently when you switch to a new weapon it will fire immediately, allowing for massive burst damage by quickly cycling through. Pretty impressive showing regardless, although I do wonder how some people can stand playing a game long enough to get so good.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:10 AM   #105
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Pretty impressive showing regardless, although I do wonder how some people can stand playing a game long enough to get so good.
I think in most cases its as simple as because they just really enjoy the game.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:04 AM   #106
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
It looks to me like the weapon switch is to bypass the fire delay. Apparently when you switch to a new weapon it will fire immediately, allowing for massive burst damage by quickly cycling through. Pretty impressive showing regardless, although I do wonder how some people can stand playing a game long enough to get so good.
I personally think scripting is cheating but I agree there is plenty of skill being shown off at the same time.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 09:20 AM   #107
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

He isn't cheating or scripting :S.

He has memorized the entire map flow, enemy spawn times and their locations. Hell, he doesn't even let the demons move after spawning.
You really think he can't possess the basic muscle memory required to do a shotgun/rocket/gauss combo versus large stationary targets?

This isn't even a speedrun. He never glitches and follows the entire map flow as the devs intended it.
He's obviously a master of gauss-jumping yet he never once used the ability to glitch as most speedruners do. It was all legal.

This is what actual cheating looks like:

Entire game finished in 24 minutes.
That Samuel Hayden bypass (14:00 onwards) is something else.

Game wants to do some exposition via long-ass cutscene.
Dude is like, **** that .
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2019, 05:32 PM   #108
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default Gameplay

Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:02 PM   #109
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:18 PM   #110
KAC
That postcount though...

Yes please.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:24 PM   #111
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

How I feel about what I saw of Doom Eternal

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2019, 01:13 AM   #112
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Gameplay reminded me of Quake 3 Arena for some reason.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2019, 01:15 AM   #113
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Meh.....if I have nothing else to play or that goes on sale, I’ll pick it up then.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2019, 03:22 AM   #114
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Meh.....if I have nothing else to play or that goes on sale, I’ll pick it up then.
+1 to this. Nearly fell asleep watching that.
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2019, 06:39 AM   #115
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Looks awesome! Also looks like the best gun play your going to get.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2019, 08:40 AM   #116
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Release date info?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2019, 02:41 PM   #117
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Release date info?
"It’s Hell on Earth and only one person can stop the demonic invasion. The DOOM Slayer is back to unleash his fury upon the legions of Hell with a host of powerful new abilities and weapons. Players can also rip and tear with friends online in BATTLEMODE, a blend of raw DOOM shooter skill and cunning strategy. Raze Hell this year when DOOM Eternal launches November 22!"

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2019, 07:43 PM   #118
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Already ordered my Collector's Edition!

Quote:
Cannot fricking wait!
Old Jun 10, 2019, 09:25 PM   #119
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I have had it preordered from Amazon for about a year now at $38.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:02 PM   #120
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I really like how that cathedral level looks like
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote