Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 15, 2018, 09:56 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

Most likely a release day buy here too. 'We're creating a Doom universe." Count me in bitches!!

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2018, 08:08 AM   #62
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Never been sold into a game this much in a long while!
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:41 PM   #63
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

DOOM 2016 was a ****ing achievement.

My god, this looks even better. This could be the best movement focused SP FPS ever.

I was :dead: after the lightsaber vs satan moment. Epic.
Antec Sonata 3|AMD Athlon 860k|Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H|8 gig Cruical Ballistic DDR3 1600|MSI GTX 660ti 2gb PE |LG Blu-Ray Drive/DVD Burner| ASUS XONAR DGX|Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb |Crucial M500 240gb SSD|Corisar T2 Heatsink| Logitech K840 |Razer DeathAdder 3.5g|Xbox One S Controller| Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick| Dell U2410F | Dell 2007FP| Creative T20 2.0 speakers| Windows 8.1 Pro x64 |PS3 Slim 120gb|PS4 Slim 1tb| Moto E4 w/ 64gb memory card
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 16, 2018, 01:39 PM   #64
General Lee
High-tech Redneck

General Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

What bothered me about Doom 3 is that is was TOO dark in too many places, and the pace of the game was TOO slow. Doom '16 is a great change of pace, but I'd have to say there's too much light in too many places. Another issue is the ability of non-stop double-jumping. There needs to be a slight recharge mechanic to the double-jumping, especially now that they are adding grappling.

Hell, I'd go as far as to say remove double-jumping when using rappling. Otherwise, it almost gives it a Titanfall 2 feel to it. Instead of glory kills, I wouldn't mind if they gave us the ability to vault off of demons to jump to higher places or just as a movement mechanic. Run at them, step on demon, and launch into the air a bit while maintaining momentum.

To be fair, I haven't played either Titanfall 2 or Doom '16, but I've watched plenty of videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
All I am envisioning right now is the General Lee car with no paint, Cheetos stuffed into the gas tank, and coming out the tail pipe, in a huge pool of Jello :p
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2018, 03:43 PM   #65
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
What bothered me about Doom 3 is that is was TOO dark in too many places, and the pace of the game was TOO slow. Doom '16 is a great change of pace, but I'd have to say there's too much light in too many places. Another issue is the ability of non-stop double-jumping. There needs to be a slight recharge mechanic to the double-jumping, especially now that they are adding grappling.

Hell, I'd go as far as to say remove double-jumping when using rappling. Otherwise, it almost gives it a Titanfall 2 feel to it. Instead of glory kills, I wouldn't mind if they gave us the ability to vault off of demons to jump to higher places or just as a movement mechanic. Run at them, step on demon, and launch into the air a bit while maintaining momentum.

To be fair, I haven't played either Titanfall 2 or Doom '16, but I've watched plenty of videos.
DOOM 16 has to be played to be understood.

I high fived my GF after she watched me play a certain late game level. Its the kind of game where other people will willing watching and everyone celebrates when you win.
Antec Sonata 3|AMD Athlon 860k|Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H|8 gig Cruical Ballistic DDR3 1600|MSI GTX 660ti 2gb PE |LG Blu-Ray Drive/DVD Burner| ASUS XONAR DGX|Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb |Crucial M500 240gb SSD|Corisar T2 Heatsink| Logitech K840 |Razer DeathAdder 3.5g|Xbox One S Controller| Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick| Dell U2410F | Dell 2007FP| Creative T20 2.0 speakers| Windows 8.1 Pro x64 |PS3 Slim 120gb|PS4 Slim 1tb| Moto E4 w/ 64gb memory card
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2018, 04:32 PM   #66
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Doom 16 was great, this will be even better.

Now if only Hexen/Heratic got the same treatment

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2018, 04:58 PM   #67
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I remember LCD owners complaining about Doom 3, which makes alot of sense. On a decent CRT it was quite dynamic and dramatic.

Edit: should really try this out on the OLED!
Old Aug 16, 2018, 05:18 PM   #68
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboye View Post
I remember LCD owners complaining about Doom 3, which makes alot of sense. On a decent CRT it was quite dynamic and dramatic.

Edit: should really try this out on the OLED!
Doom 3 was pretty meh regardless of what I played it on .

Average game at best.

Good looking game at the time, but it lacked what made Doom, Doom.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2018, 05:21 PM   #69
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Doom 3 was pretty meh regardless of what I played it on .

Average game at best.

Good looking game at the time, but it lacked what made Doom, Doom.
Mods are what made Doom 3 a great game for many who enjoyed it imo. Co-op was so ridiculously fun with the Last Man Standing mod. I would love to see mods and conversions like that with the professional support of the devs thrown behind them. The Doom games would never die.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:13 AM   #70
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

I missed it on the viewing of the trailer, Doom Eternal is now going to be added to my library asap because of:

"Remember, demon can be an offensive term refer to them as 'mortally challenged'.

"Earth is the melting pot of the universe."

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:26 AM   #71
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Release date?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2018, 08:06 PM   #72
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Doom 3 was IMO a more enjoyable game. Anyone have a problem with my opinion can meet me at the corner of little Bourke and Russell st Melbourne CBD, Victoria behind the Great Northeast Jinzhou Royal Barbeque restruant for a fist fight at 5pm September 1st.

Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2018, 08:15 PM   #73
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Doom 3 was IMO a more enjoyable game. Anyone have a problem with my opinion can meet me at the corner of little Bourke and Russell st Melbourne CBD, Victoria behind the Great Northeast Jinzhou Royal Barbeque restruant for a fist fight at 5pm September 1st.

Ill be there with Brass knuckles. And if your lucky maybe an Indiana Jones Wipe!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2018, 09:31 AM   #74
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Doom 3 was IMO a more enjoyable game.
I'll back you up on that but I did enjoy Doom 2016 as well. They're just different games and I'll be purchasing Eternal no questions asked.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2018, 09:36 AM   #75
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Doom3 was enjoyable, but about halfway through it got predicatble and boring.
Theres only so much monster-in-the-closet scares you can take before you have a read on any area you fall into.

and yeah some areas seems stupidly dark and the flashlight...oh god the flashlight usage...so stupid.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:23 AM   #76
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

Quote:

Birthday fist fight??? I'm game.

bounty hunter
Quote:
Old Aug 21, 2018, 02:46 AM   #77
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:

Make it a knife fight and I'm there
Old Aug 21, 2018, 07:02 AM   #78
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Make it a knife fight and I'm there
Knives pffft. I'm bringin da BFG
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:03 PM   #79
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Megagay, you really are ****ing gay.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 02:00 PM   #80
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2018, 03:53 AM   #81
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Knives pffft. I'm bringin da BFG

That's not a knoife
Old Aug 23, 2018, 04:18 AM   #82
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
That's not a knoife
Is too. The Big F'king Ganker

Old Aug 23, 2018, 04:24 AM   #83
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:

The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2018, 04:39 AM   #84
demo
space cadet

Quote:

Ok.. That is a knoife.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 11:41 PM   #85
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Can someone explain to me what is so appealing about this?

I'm playing through Doom 2016 right now, and think it's fantastic. I don't get this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2018, 11:44 PM   #86
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

You have just answered your own question if you think Doom 2016 is fantastic.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2018, 01:28 AM   #87
KAC
That postcount though...

Not this shite again.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 05:36 AM   #88
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post

I'm playing through Doom 2016 right now, and think it's fantastic. I don't get this one.
You know, I get that.

Part of me thinks id Software missed that window where everyone was frothing at the mouth for more Doom.
But they really did not milk it at all, and 2 years passed...

Another part of me thinks maybe that was for the best.
While Doom Eternal won't do anything new in terms of gameplay except for the Meat Hook (totally my idea ), they are gonna expand the Doom'verse like never before.

They only hinted over at what's going on, not really fully believing in it themselves. But it turned out to be interesting and the players loved the lore aspect.
And this time around we are gonna get to explore that in more detail.
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2018, 07:02 AM   #89
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post

You dont "get" more Doom?
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2018, 07:39 PM   #90
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

For me, I see that they're going for a slightly more cartoony and humorous look. Not sure I'm a fan of this art direction.

Also not sure how I feel about this whole lore aspect. The one great thing about the Doom remake is that it eschewed getting into any deep lore. It was a game for the sake of being a game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote