Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 10, 2019, 02:51 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
haha, arent we awesome
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:44 PM   #182
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Did the previous Metro games have good SLI profiles? I thought they did...
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2019, 01:34 AM   #183
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
Did the previous Metro games have good SLI profiles? I thought they did...
can't remember but this maybe DX12 only as RT needs it
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 11, 2019, 04:13 AM   #184
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Ancient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAncient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2019, 05:37 AM   #185
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

My biggest problem with Metro games is that they were so scripted and on rails. I hope this is more like Stalker.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 07:41 AM   #186
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
My biggest problem with Metro games is that they were so scripted and on rails. I hope this is more like Stalker.
The first one was pretty good story-wise IMO, its like you in a movie and it tells you the story of living in metro tunnel in post-apocalyptic Moscow.

I didn't really like Last Light because it chose bad endings from first game, and story-wise it isn't as good. I don't know where the devs are heading in this one though, it looks like there are more open areas because it finally located above ground but time will tell.
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2019, 07:14 PM   #187
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
My biggest problem with Metro games is that they were so scripted and on rails.
I thought the on-the-rails storytelling weren't an issue because the story and enemies were so interesting and cleverly used. In LL, they just paraded seemingly-never-ending hordes of human soldiers into almost every large area which got old so quick.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:07 AM   #188
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I thought LL was tighter than 2033.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:18 AM   #189
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I thought LL was tighter than 2033.
nah was gay. other than the hetero sex.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:19 AM   #190
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I was talking about gunplay.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:38 AM   #191
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

yeah maybe. i haven't played Metro 1 in many years but I remember not even using guns as much as in LL since I would always run out of ammo. it just seemed scarier and more unique... I still remember the Library level probably as clear as I the first level of HL2.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 02:29 AM   #192
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Mehtro for me, found both forced and a chore to play. Maybe will give LL another go and see if my opinion has changed. Accents and the constant narration got to me in the last 2, no option to disable.

Ok reinstalled and it’s ok apart from no body and everyone looking like they are made of plastic, changed mode so more of an FPS than adventure scavenger game so feels better.

Will give the new one a chance after gameplay and reviews I think.

Last edited by Thr0tt : Jan 13, 2019 at 03:12 PM.
Thr0tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:40 PM   #193
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Watching this 4k clip in 1080p, game looks mint!

Last edited by Megaman : Jan 16, 2019 at 11:50 PM.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:01 AM   #194
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

worthless upload cuz controller, gimmick 4k 30fps and pussy difficulty.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2019, 01:21 AM   #195
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Watching this 4k clip in 1080p, game looks mint!

for the most part, in terms of being Metro game, that was a complete disaster imo. it seems the atmospheric, tense, somewhat slower paced, CREATIVE shooter is dead.
back to your regularly scheduled zombies, zip lines, and popping heads with a sniper rifle. that said, the game looks brilliant.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 01:24 AM   #196
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Meh! I’ll pick it up. I’m sure it’ll be great!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 05:17 AM   #197
KAC
That postcount though...

I already pre boned.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:39 AM   #198
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Meh! I’ll pick it up. I’m sure it’ll be great!
Quote:
I already pre boned.
This.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:40 PM   #199
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
This.
no working well RTX no buy .
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2019, 03:47 AM   #200
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Gunplay looks only marginally better than Metro 2033/LL.

How can these guys care so much about creating authentic feeling jerry-rigged guns, and still not pick up on the fact that their guns will lack all heft until the creatures actually react well to getting hit instead of simply falling down.
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:02 AM   #201
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
no working well RTX no buy .
I can understand that, especially after the TR fiasco. Still, it's Metro and I want so RTX in or not I'm in.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2019, 04:53 PM   #202
Megaman
Packing heat!

Old Jan 19, 2019, 02:55 AM   #203
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Starting to think I'll be playing a fallout game not made by bethesda

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2019, 04:15 AM   #204
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Starting to think I'll be playing a fallout game not made by bethesda
That’s not necessarily a bad thing.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 09:04 AM   #205
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Just replaying 2033 - I hope Exodus has some bouncy boobs and nipples apart from those tits playing it.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:06 AM   #206
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
Just replaying 2033 - I hope Exodus has some bouncy boobs and nipples apart from those tits playing it.
Catching the glint on that ray traced jizz as it gets shot all over them titties.

We can call this new technology marvel the Bangahuang.

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2019, 03:37 PM   #207
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
That’s not necessarily a bad thing.
No it is not . I have been watching some gameplay videos on youtube and its the vibe I get.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 04:15 PM   #208
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

In the past Metro games were good enough to keep my attention and I always appreciated the art style and graphic boundary breaking detail. To be honest, it usually just reminded me of stalker and made we want to go back and play that all modded out.

This looks like a step in the right direction to me. Heck, the idea behind rage was pretty cool, it just wasn't a good game. I plan to pick this one up when it releases.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2019, 07:48 PM   #209
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

I got stuck in one of the areas where it was mandatory to wear your mask. I hope they don't require it as often in previous games?

Quote:
Old Jan 19, 2019, 08:05 PM   #210
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
for the most part, in terms of being Metro game, that was a complete disaster imo. it seems the atmospheric, tense, somewhat slower paced, CREATIVE shooter is dead.
back to your regularly scheduled zombies, zip lines, and popping heads with a sniper rifle. that said, the game looks brilliant.
I thought the same thing. They may balance it out by having you enter a "dungeon" and having a more directed experience.... I hope so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote